Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Teaser - It's Short, But Sweet! - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageNew World Teaser - It's Short, But Sweet! - MMORPG.com

Amazon has released a teeny tiny, but fascinating in-game video from New World. It provides a look at the day / night cycle, environmental effects and sounds and more. In addition, folks are reporting that alpha invites are being sent out. Have you received yours?

Read the full story here

Comments

• sjorandsunsjorandsun Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited September 2018
    Well, you weren't kidding when you said "Short" LOL

Regardless, can't wait for more & more info to start pouring out about this one.
    Voidfarer[Deleted User]Amatheceh430craftseekerGaladournmikeb0817Eirella
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Well, you weren't kidding when you said "Short" LOL

Regardless, can't wait for more & more info to start pouring out about this one.

Haha no kidding on the short thing. It started as a Twitter video, then Facebook, then to this. :D At least it's something, right?
    [Deleted User]sjorandsunLaviota

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

SBFord said:

Haha no kidding on the short thing. It started as a Twitter video, then Facebook, then to this. :D At least it's something, right?

I would not really call that "something".

moroelJamesGoblinRueTheWhirlSabraccraftseekeresc-joconnorXarkoLeguma11Steelhelm
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    If they are planning to do shadows like this, I'd suggest they slow the world clock considerably.  Otherwise, every graphics card running this thing is going to be smoking.  Not to mention the hypnotic effect of constantly growing and receding shadows.  [ominous voice, whispering] This is a good game.  This is a good game.  This is a good game. 

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

edited September 2018
    elveone said:
    SBFord said:

I would not really call that "something".

Party pooper. :confounded:
    craftseekerJamesGoblinConstantineMerusjarsku85Steelhelm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Hey you stole it from it from me!

Anyway, the Alpha invites are starting to being sent to people :) 
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    LOL, looks like every other SpeedTree demo...
    krevra

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

MaxBacon said:

If you look at the video, I give you credit AND linked your thread. Geez...everyone's picking on me today. :(
    rertezThe_emberJamesGoblinMaxBacon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    No alpha invite yet here :sad:
    --------------------------------------------
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Will my amazon prime cover my monthly sub to this ? Movies, Music, Books , 2 Day shipping & a MMO sub, What else could lazy fat bastard like myself ask for.
    ConstantineMerus
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    Will my amazon prime cover my monthly sub to this ? Movies, Music, Books , 2 Day shipping & a MMO sub, What else could lazy fat bastard like myself ask for.
    Honestly, that'd be amazing, wouldn't it? :) 
    BeezerbeezSabrac

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

If you ever saw the movie WALL-E... Amazon’s goal is to turn us into those humans.
    Or worse...
    After they take over all the industries and turn 99% of the jobs over to robots and AI we will all become 100% reliant on Bezos. It’s not science fiction... it’s happening sooner than you think. Probably in our lifetime (we’ll maybe not Kyleran cause he’s as old as dirt).

Unless we wake up and break them up...
    RexKushmanJamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Woowwwwwwwww.... that was dumb.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    It shows you how hungry people are when they go for scraps like that.
    If nice graphics made a good game we'd all be stuffed right now, not hungry.
    Still no hype for this game here.
    JamesGoblin
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Very informative...

JamesGoblin
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited September 2018
    short is short... now show us some gameplay Amazon
    Post edited by Galadourn on
    JamesGoblin
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

If you ever saw the movie WALL-E... Amazon’s goal is to turn us into those humans.
    Or worse...
    After they take over all the industries and turn 99% of the jobs over to robots and AI we will all become 100% reliant on Bezos. It’s not science fiction... it’s happening sooner than you think. Probably in our lifetime (we’ll maybe not Kyleran cause he’s as old as dirt).

Unless we wake up and break them up...
    Hey!! Leave KY out of this!!! :angry:
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited September 2018
    They already gave alpha access to some media but they just did text articles not videos and such yet. The only footage attm comes from: https://www.facebook.com/playnewworld
    SBFord said:
    MaxBacon said:

If you look at the video, I give you credit AND linked your thread. Geez...everyone's picking on me today. :(
    Oh I didn't open the full thing properly mebad!
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79

MaxBacon said:

If anyone gets in, screw the NDA, tell us everything

mikeb0817 said:

MaxBacon said:

If anyone gets in, screw the NDA, tell us everything

I don't find much likely that the random invites type of testing will enforce one NDA; but it worked for Fortnite for a long time, it depends on the devs, the game is early on dev so it should have that usual wonkiness we're used to.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Cute housing and the day and night cycle seems solid at first glance. Of course that's all without a lot of detail so far.
    [Deleted User]

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    If anything this just makes me more "meh" towards the game.  Release some information or don't bother.
    JamesGoblin
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589

Mendel said:

If they are planning to do shadows like this, I'd suggest they slow the world clock considerably.  Otherwise, every graphics card running this thing is going to be smoking.  Not to mention the hypnotic effect of constantly growing and receding shadows.  [ominous voice, whispering] This is a good game.  This is a good game.  This is a good game. 

Obviously that was purposely sped up.