Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The fastest you uninstalled a MMORPG.

1235»

Comments

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    edited September 2018
    I played the beta for 'City of Heroes', but never installed the release version. Even though it would have been free for me. I do know that many people loved that game, and I believe the reason why is that it was very much a predecessor to MOBAs. No expansive world that you must navigate, no varied activities to participate in, no real character advancement after initial creation. Just quickly enter an arena (a specified location) somewhere and duke it out for a few minutes.  Then rinse and repeat. Whereas in contrast, I prefer the much different play style of  MMORPGs.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    I think it was tera, but years after release.

I was bored, and wanted to try something that had decent reviews on combat.

The game looked so bad, and had that f2p feel to the game of what is meaningless grind and in a dead husk of an mmo. It gave of this vibe that was completely depressing that I was feeling ill.

Some games do make me feel ill, but someitmes I decide to bulldoze through that pscyological torture. Not sure why that happens... conspiracy?

But this game had nothing to keep me going, and the combat was not interesting enough at the start.

Quickest uninstall.

I have played older games longer than this game, and with the same ill feeling.

Games that do not make me feel ill, are swtor, WoW, rift, some mobas ( and some moba have the same negative effect as well). So not sure why it varies, but thats part of the reason. May be its like a OCD, and the trauma of playing endless grinds in other mmos but in a worse mmo just makes me feel ill? Its kind of bizare.

Just thought I would be honest with that, since that did affect my decision.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    sadly that would be eve online
    maybe 1 hour
    got it at launch and was hitting a rock  mining sloooowly for an hour and then stopped playing and uninstalled
    years later i found the game was much better after that 
  • MrMonolitasMrMonolitas Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I believe that was Knight Online, it was horrendous!!!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Horusra said:
    Black Desert 15 minutes.
    Same here!  I did go back just a couple of months ago to try to give it another go.  Just not my cup of tea.
    If you don't like the graphic style of a game, then chances are it doesn't matter how good the gameplay is, your never going to enjoy playing the game. :/
    Kyleranmgilbrtsn
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    A number of Asian MMOs that don't allow me to invert the y-axis. That's the first thing I do in every game and if I can't  --->  UNINSTALL.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Ragnarok Online 2 I think it was. It was nothing like RO and about as generic cookie cutter MMO garbage as they come. Less than an hour I think?

Not sure though, Darkfall didn't last more than 30-60 minutes either.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Mortal Online.  I saw all the dicks swinging around along with a mess of bugs and uninstalled ASAP.

I self identify as a monkey.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    My second try at Champions online about a year ago. Played Champions at launch for a solid 4 or 5 months, so a year ago i get the urge to play again. Literally log in, Open my inventory and character sheet, Log out , Uninstall.  Why i did that i can't tell you, But it felt right lol
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Surprised Boundless isn't here even though I'm still playing (by someone else).

Tutorial has you required to go into the cash shop 3 times to advance the tutorial.  Each time you level up to "earn" your skill points you need to go into the cash shop, and each time you achieve a learning/quest objective you're back in the cash shop for for your exp/gold rewards.

Even though it's not bad from a P2W standpoint.  From an EA and Activision will be learning UI tips and taking notes on core game loop interactions with the cash shop, stand point it's pretty terrible.  

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Shaigh said:
    Dragon's prophet, after I had fought two monsters I understood the game was junk but I still wasted another 30 minutes to finish the tutorial. It was so bad that it made me want to request a refund even though I got into the beta for free.
    This one i forgot about.
    Same experience. Very generic.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wildstar 3 hours.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"