Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Can You Hear Me Now?

124»

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    MaxBacon said:

SC doesn't have to live to the highest standards of the industry that are mostly present in AAA SP/MP games.
    Well that's good, because it doesn't.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2018
    MaxBacon said:

SC doesn't have to live to the highest standards of the industry that are mostly present in AAA SP/MP games.
    No MMO does, it's just what it is.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Babuinix said:
    Well if you know about a better looking space game that let's me board other players ship's shoot them up and steal their cargo I'm down for it lol! Hit me up if you find anything. :D
    There are barely any space games being made. But this one is starting to look dated already - for a AAA game.
    Well I think considering the scope, scale and the fact that it's a mmo it looks quite nice.
    MaxBacon said:
    MaxBacon said:

No MMO does, it's just what it is.
    We don't know that yet. By the time this thing releases, MMOs may have far superior graphics.
    We don't know that yet. By the time this thing releases, MMOs may have far superior graphics.
    By the time this releases, it will have superior graphics, the same way they had a major jump in visuals already since what it was in its early stages, that improvement and development, as stated, will continue.
    MaxBacon said:
    By the time this releases, it will have superior graphics, the same way they had a major jump in visuals already since what it was in its early stages, that improvement and development, as stated, will continue.
    Nah, I doubt it. In fact, if they decide to do that, it will delay it even more. And by that time, visuals will have gotten better again. But I guess I wouldn't necessarily put it past them to make that terrible decision.

It's looking dated, and in all likelihood, that will have to be the way it releases some day. VERY dated instead of just slightly. People will of course be ok with that if it's a solid game, but the truth of it is as you said:

"SC doesn't have to live to the highest standards of the industry that are mostly present in AAA SP/MP games."

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Until they can boast thousands of simultaneous players (not planned...but proven), can we stop calling SC an MMO? It is currently struggling with 50 simultaneous players.
    [Deleted User]JamesGoblinPhaserlight

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

Well it's not like Star Citizen graphics wont keep evolving like they always have either...

Nah, I doubt it. In fact, if they decide to do that, it will delay it even more. And by that time, visuals will have gotten better again. But I guess I wouldn't necessarily put it past them to make that terrible decision.

It's looking dated, and in all likelihood, that will have to be the way it releases some day. VERY dated instead of just slightly. People will of course be ok with that if it's a solid game, but the truth of it is as you said:

"SC doesn't have to live to the highest standards of the industry that are mostly present in AAA SP/MP games."

You are wrongly running by the assumption that SC is graphically finished, just a big nope there.

They have literally with every update, have improved its graphics, either it was VFX, the continued new versions of procedural technology improving the visuals of moons and such, the character models and customization, the ships themselves, the UI, or the many upcoming graphical features to hit SC.

Oh SC still has years of continued upgrades, smaller or bigger, to its graphics, that one can have no doubts of lol
    Babuinix said:
    Well it's not like Star Citizen graphics wont keep evolving like they always have either...

All they need is an extra 4 years of development time to stay relevant.
    edited October 2018
    All they need is an extra 4 years of development time to stay relevant.
    They're pretty relevant since 2012 and only becomes more as development progresses.
    Backers and critics make sure Star Citizen is always in the news lol
    Meanwhile CIG just keeps working on and making millions in the process.
    Rinse & Repeat.

Next CitizenCon is almost here and should bring some news about new tech milestones and content! Should be a blast if it's only half as amazing as last one. 

20 days top!
    Post edited by Babuinix on