Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - Tides of Vengeance is the Next Chapter in the BfA Story - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft - Tides of Vengeance is the Next Chapter in the BfA Story - MMORPG.com

The latest World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth developer live stream is underway and we've got the biggest news straight out the gate. It appears that things are about to get shaken up, so head on through the jump and find out what's what!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I <3 it that ALL races will have a heritage armor option! I can't wait. :)
    Thahar[Deleted User]BillMurphyDiscipledOne[Deleted User]BarelyEinstein

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I like that they're working on expanding Warfronts and Expeditions into better content.

The two-sided raid looks like it could be cool, but the faction-line bitching will be epic lol.

Tides of Vengeance? I foresee the Tidesages playing a large role in the Alliance's counter-strike.

The rep changing to account wide is a cool addition. I wasn't buying Ion's "character-locked reps give players content to do on alts!" during the AMA. Rep grinding isn't really what I would call a "content feature."
    SBFordThaharBeezerbeez[Deleted User][Deleted User]

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2018
    "All reputations will be added together across account"

I feel slow for not understanding what this means....like rep is account-wide or? Or do they mean that rep counting towards like 100 rep thing will be account wide?
    I like that they're working on expanding Warfronts and Expeditions into better content.

The two-sided raid looks like it could be cool, but the faction-line bitching will be epic lol.

Tides of Vengeance? I foresee the Tidesages playing a large role in the Alliance's counter-strike.

The rep changing to account wide is a cool addition. I wasn't buying Ion's "character-locked reps give players content to do on alts!" during the AMA. Rep grinding isn't really what I would call a "content feature."
    I really think Ion's ego has been making things worse for no real reason. Going back to the rep thing, most people didn't want rep to be account-wide but have rep work like in mop where if you got high enough in one, it would just boost the gains on other characters, but he couldn't admit that it was a good system. Same goes for several other things and class designs he can't admit were superior.
    [Deleted User]Thupli[Deleted User]
    edited September 2018
    Albatroes said:

I feel slow for not understanding what this means....like rep is account-wide or? Or do they mean that rep counting towards like 100 rep thing will be account wide?
    What it means is (I think LOL) that, say, if your Ally character has 60 reputations earned and your Hordie has 30 that are totally different, they will be added together to allow the 90 Reputations achievement to be earned. You won't have to earn 90 on a single character -- but they will have to be 90 unique reps across your account.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88
    edited September 2018
    Albatroes said:

Aye. All the rep you get will be account wide now. The only thing that remains now is upon login each day to get free epic (random) + 10k gold. This way you don't even have to play the game at all.

That's why the vets crave for classic, because at the current state this game (imo), is complete shit show.
    KalebGraysonGaladournTheScavengerAlomarViper482ThaharjimmywolfJilyna
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

Albatroes said:

What it means is (I think LOL) that, say, if your Ally character has 60 reputations earned and your Hordie has 30 that are totally different, they will be added together to allow the 90 Reputations achievement to be earned. You won't have to earn 90 on a single character -- but they will have to be 90 unique reps across your account.

Ah ok, yeah I know that'll make a lot of people happy (which should've been baseline imo, but better late than never I guess).
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Traditionally WoW was about grinding in different forms... levels, equipment,reputation, achievements and whatnot. It has been built on those premises. I can't see how making everything easier can be combined with the core design.
    jimmywolfJilyna
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Ion: "We've made it so people have to grind rep on each character - that will make them sub longer"
    Finance: "Players are unsubbing at a record rate, feedback includes absurd rep grind"
    Ion: "Ah. Patch time change needed."
    SBFord[Deleted User]ThupliThaharjimmywolf
    edited September 2018
    gervaise1 said:
    Ion: "We've made it so people have to grind rep on each character - that will make them sub longer"
    Finance: "Players are unsubbing at a record rate, feedback includes absurd rep grind"
    I'd say last week's Reddit AMA, today's stream and a suddenly much more visible team just about everywhere spells out the falling sub numbers. I have 7 days left and I'm gone until at least 8.2 or 8.3. I love WoW, I truly do. But this expansion is just tiresome in both features and story and I need a break.
    Beezerbeez[Deleted User][Deleted User]dragonlee66DiscipledOneViper482Thahar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    gervaise1 said:
    I'd say last week's Reddit AMA, today's stream and a suddenly much more visible team just about everywhere spells out the falling sub numbers. I have 7 days left and I'm gone until at least 8.2 or 8.3. I love WoW, I truly do. But this expansion is just tiresome in both features and story and I need a break.
    I think so, too.  Think I might grind up and give D2 Forsaken a try based on the reviews I'm seeing.  I won't likely get heavy into that game, but it will at least give me a pseudo-MMO experience to enjoy while I see how these changes play out with the new content and, more essentially, class specs.  I'm rocking a Warlock that was Destro (RIP), a Hunter that's always been MM (RIP, though Double Tap is pretty good in BGs), a Shaman (Triple-RIP), and a Pally.  The Pally was my main in Legion, so I'd like to change things up, but don't wish to sacrifice my preferred specs/class to do so.  I don't think that's too big an ask from Blizzard to correct those issues.
    SBFord

SBFord said:
    gervaise1 said:
    I think so, too.  Think I might grind up and give D2 Forsaken a try based on the reviews I'm seeing.  I won't likely get heavy into that game, but it will at least give me a pseudo-MMO experience to enjoy while I see how these changes play out with the new content and, more essentially, class specs.  I'm rocking a Warlock that was Destro (RIP), a Hunter that's always been MM (RIP, though Double Tap is pretty good in BGs), a Shaman (Triple-RIP), and a Pally.  The Pally was my main in Legion, so I'd like to change things up, but don't wish to sacrifice my preferred specs/class to do so.  I don't think that's too big an ask from Blizzard to correct those issues.
    Funny: Destiny 2 - Forsaken is probably where I'm headed next. That should tide me over until Assassin's Creed: Odyssey comes out. Maybe a smattering of ESO too here and there. :)
    MadFrenchieBeezerbeezJeroKaneThahar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    It's time to let WoW gather Dust until Classic.
    [Deleted User]AlomarJilyna

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Avanah said:
    Except there are still lots of people enjoying it. I'm enjoying BFA on horde like I've said in previous posts just higher quality content...granted alliance is junk this expansion (at least before content patches. I tried alliance and was bored within days. Just low quality content and dumb horse clones for mounts+donkey that isn't a horse lol...still enjoying horde though far longer than alliance)

Thats like someone going and saying "HA! SWG DIED! HAHAHAHA too bad for all the people who enjoyed SWG and got screwed with SOE's game changes. HAHA they deserved it!"

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Avanah said:

Except there are still lots of people enjoying it. I'm enjoying BFA on horde like I've said in previous posts just higher quality content...granted alliance is junk this expansion (at least before content patches. I tried alliance and was bored within days. Just low quality content and dumb horse clones for mounts+donkey that isn't a horse lol...still enjoying horde though far longer than alliance)

Thats like someone going and saying "HA! SWG DIED! HAHAHAHA too bad for all the people who enjoyed SWG and got screwed with SOE's game changes. HAHA they deserved it!"

I am sure lots of people are enjoying the game.

I agree with @SBFord though; the scope and nature of the changes added to what has been said - coming so soon after launch - all points to the new xpac not doing as well as planned.

Blizzard have metrics - and previously they have been more than happy to talk about how their metrics support a claim of "this is what the playerbase wants". Which they haven't done this time.
    [Deleted User]Thahar[Deleted User]
    gervaise1 said:

Avanah said:

I agree with @SBFord though; the scope and nature of the changes added to what has been said - coming so soon after launch - all points to the new xpac not doing as well as planned.

Blizzard have metrics - and previously they have been more than happy to talk about how their metrics support a claim of "this is what the playerbase wants". Which they haven't done this time.
    Well I don't disagree. I thought WoD was a terrible expansion that was rather boring overall. I only stayed subbed cause it was so easy to make gold I could play for "free" with tokens. And I had some fun with garrisons and doing the casual stuff. But I still understood the expansion was pretty low quality and rushed to release.

On other hand, Legion was amazing and one of the best expansions of any of them. It was equal to me with WOTLK. A lot of people also enjoyed that expansion and it had high quality.

I do agree that BFA lacks a ton of quality and takes legion stuff and makes it crap. Like...why can't we see our azerite amulet with actual graphics like legion artifacts? Why can't we get different looks with our amulet like we could with artifacts? Why doesn't it speak to us like some legion artifacts did? Imagine azeroth speaking through us through the amulet.

And azerite traits are junk compared to legion artifact traits

That then paves the way that the rest of the expansion is very low quality compared to Legion and the azerite amulet is up there showing how low quality it is compared to Legion. More time was spent on the legion artifact weapons than a lot of the game systems in BFA lol...and that is just sad.

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

gervaise1 said:

Avanah said:

The patch will probably come out next year(January/February), so I don't think it's so soon after the launch. That's also why it's sad that 1. they didn't confirm that they are working on improving specs like Ele sham and SP priest, 2. if they are working it's going to be months before those specs become playable.
    Btw my current complain towards Ele shamans are that I get freakin declined 99/100 Mythics + queues because everyone thinks that Ele shamans are garbage which isn't true. At least for Mythics + Ele shamans do a ton of aoe + plenty of boss dmg and the higher mythic + the better they actually do, because they need time to built their damage, however for raids they aren't really that great.
    Same with PvP. Great for RBGs, not that great for Arenas, not that you can't get high rated in arena with the right setup.

I don't think the patch will come any time sooner than Late December/January mainly because I don't think people realize that there is a whole raid for us to clear before that... Just because a 100-200 people will be able to get it cleared in the first 10 days it doesn't mean that the content has been cleared... I mean even if they kill the last boss right now they will still need few weeks to farm the raid to gear themselves and prepare for the next raid and that's when we talk only about them... what about the rest 99.9999% of the playerbase? Obviously they will need months to get 6-7/8.
    gervaise1
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Skipped the last 3 expansions and none of this entices me to stop that tradition. Classic anyone?
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

gervaise1 said:

Avanah said:

The patch will probably come out next year(January/February), so I don't think it's so soon after the launch. That's also why it's sad that 1. they didn't confirm that they are working on improving specs like Ele sham and SP priest, 2. if they are working it's going to be months before those specs become playable.

Btw my current complain towards Ele shamans are that I get freakin declined 99/100 Mythics + queues because everyone thinks that Ele shamans are garbage which isn't true. At least for Mythics + Ele shamans do a ton of aoe + plenty of boss dmg and the higher mythic + the better they actually do, because they need time to built their damage, however for raids they aren't really that great.

Same with PvP. Great for RBGs, not that great for Arenas, not that you can't get high rated in arena with the right setup.

I don't think the patch will come any time sooner than Late December/January mainly because I don't think people realize that there is a whole raid for us to clear before that... Just because a 100-200 people will be able to get it cleared in the first 10 days it doesn't mean that the content has been cleared... I mean even if they kill the last boss right now they will still need few weeks to farm the raid to gear themselves and prepare for the next raid and that's when we talk only about them... what about the rest 99.9999% of the playerbase? Obviously they will need months to get 6-7/8.

Nah Patch will be out mid to late November, with the raid hitting some time in January.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

SBFord said:

until Assassin's Creed: Odyssey comes out. :)

I KNOW! I saw that earlier! It's awesome :D
    TheScavenger[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

SBFord said:

Albatroes said:

Oh man. I got so excited. I thought maybe like if I had 10000 rep on two different toons It would add up to 20,000k on them both. Your explination seems much more likely.
    SBFord said:

until Assassin's Creed: Odyssey comes out. :)

My most looked forward to game this year. Super excited for it. Granted, not 100% sure if I'll get it next month depending if I spend my money traveling to my friends place...either way I'll definitely get it in 1-2 months either way.

Looks amazing, and my favorite setting to boot :)

SBFord said:
    Thanks for the info!  It'll be interesting to see the two new talents in a too once it hits the PTR.  

I'm holding out hope Blizzard rights the ship here by fleshing out the new content styles and doing another pass of class specs.
    [Deleted User]

• MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    How long till Classic again?

I purchased the BfA, managed to drag myself to the end of the month when sub ended, and just left it there.

I am feeling liberated.
    [Deleted User]Galadourn