Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potential new monetization coming soon?

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
edited September 2018 in EVE Online
At the moment EVE is on the lower end of the P2W scale (IMO) but there are several possible things to watch out for.

One might be the direct selling of filled skill injectors or perhaps selling a more expensive version of extractor / injector which has reduced or eliminates all of the current penalties on higher skill point characters who use them.

Another would be the introduction of ship skins for sale which impart some sort of actual bonus outside of pure cosmetics, a la the costuming system in BDO. As they already can be sold to others in game this seems like a natural.

Maybe they could require people to buy a "scamming permit" to set up shop in a trade hub.  They'd make millions......

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Why not a Pve server with a cash shop for the Pvp server.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited September 2018
    Elsabolts said:
    Why not a Pve server with a cash shop for the Pvp server.
    I suspect it would require some changes to give the PVE some sort of purpose as the game play itself isn't very challenging or rewarding.

Wait, what am I saying? Same thing is true in BDO yet Pearl Abyss makes mega millions from gamers who enjoy such.

Probably only need to add a few more AOE spam attacks or improve the existing one by giving it greater range or power and they are good to go. :)

Of course if the gankers on the other server have no sheep to feed on I'm not so sure they'll stick around long. 

Perhaps the better idea is to add a solid cash shop to a new PVE/PVP optional server where items of power such as golden ammo, ship upgrade power stones and ship skins with "benefits" could be freely purchased and traded.

It would appeal to those long seeking a fresh start server, or a totally PVE experience.

It also would likely be cheaper to run as they could put limits on number of players per system and there would be little need to support battles by thousands, most people would be soloing most of the time anyways.

Sounds like a solid money maker to me.

;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• wielkipwielkip Member CommonPosts: 13
    edited October 2018
    For me EVE Online it is not p2w at all because it is too hard. If noob buys ISK there will be destroyed fast.

It is fact that players are buying Isk. There is several different websites with eve Isk https://mmogoldprice.com/game/eve-online where you can compare prices. But without skill, it will be lost money. 
    Post edited by wielkip on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    wielkip said:
    For me EVE Online it is not p2w at all because it is too hard. If noob buys ISK there will be destroyed fast. 
    Agreed, no real advantage to buying ISK, well except it would permit someone more flexibility to practice their skills, but the same could be done on SISI for free.