Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Newer' mmorpg's are in a horrible state.

GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
Anyone else think the genre is in a terrible state right now? I don't mean the state of current older games like wow, eve online, gw2 etc as they are still popular and some people love to play them still. What I am talking about is 'newer' mmorpgs that have come out in the past few years. The amount of decent quality 'newer' mmorpgs in the past few years has been pretty terrible.

There are a bunch of promising ones on the horizon... They really need to be released! It is strange how they seem to all be releasing around the same time, that none were in development and releasing in the past few years. At the moment, we are stuck in limbo with a bunch of spiritual successors in the works. (Pantheon, Camelot Unchained, Crowfall particularly come to mind).

I really think that this genre has a lot of potential still but these titles need to shake up the paradigm a bit. Mmorpg's provide a large living world where you actually get to play with and/or against dozens if not hundreds or thousands of other people... I think this is something that will always capture the human imagination... Something that will never go out of fashion. It is just it's execution that really matters, very difficult to get right, but now we have a few less technological limits like we used to a decade ago.

Perhaps at some point it will go full circle and someone will innovate and make a great successful title which reinvigorates the genre. I think at some point this will definitely happen, it's just a matter of time, but it could very well actually be a very long time from now, perhaps even a decade or two, hopefully not.

Personally I am waiting for three main types of mmorpg's specifically with regard to theme.
-An mmorpg with a theme similar to dark souls, so a mature dark fantasy themed mmorpg,
-A mature high fantasy themed mmorpg, a style that is a bit closer in style to the real world but in a fantasy setting like lotr (but a more serious and mature graphical style than lotro).
-Also one based on something similar to or actually using the 40k universe. A dark and mature sci-fi universe like warhammer 40k, especially with the the super rich lore it has is a perfect match and a very cool theme.

What kind of style of mmorpg would you love if you could have? Themes or gameplay mechanics?

Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
delete5230PrecusorGdemami

Comments

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Copernicus could be okay.  I liked Amalur and it was always a shame that all those sales was not enough to thwart bankruptcy.  THQ making an MMO is interesting.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    I am sorry Graveblade, but your themes are not mainstream enough, maybe some indie will pick them up but mature, dark and Sci-Fi are just not seen as worth the risk. A real shame.

Oh and with some honourable exceptions most MMOs are well, no longer really MMOs.
    AlBQuirkyBillMurphyGdemamiPhry
  • GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    edited September 2018
    Scot said:
    I am sorry Graveblade, but your themes are not mainstream enough, maybe some indie will pick them up but mature, dark and Sci-Fi are just not seen as worth the risk. A real shame.

Oh and with some honourable exceptions most MMOs are well, no longer really MMOs.
    There is some truth to this and I expected a response like this from people. I don't think it is actually because they "can't" be mainstream though. I think that it is simply because nobody has taken chance and developed a high quality game with these kinds of themes within the mmorpg genre.

They attempt it with other genre though... Hence dark souls which could certainly be considered mainstream. So could lord of the rings itself be considered mainstream. There are plenty of examples out there of mature style games that do very very well.

Like I said I think we will get something like that that is actually AAA or close too eventually, but it just may be a while.
    delete5230Gdemami
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I think the genre peaked with Wow. Wow is still at the top of the pile and its more than 10 years old. Non of the games coming out have mass appeal. All of them are niche games at best. You could say the genre is going back to what it was before Wow. It was a niche genre that only PC geeks were into. If you look at the list of mmo's coming out they all are some form of open world PVP. I think that is done on purpose to keep player numbers down for over all cost of running a full on content game. Content is costly to produce. Its cheaper to run a PVP mmo. 

The mmo genre had its run but its fading from mass appeal. Look at the games that are popular today. Games like Fortnite are the new rage. To young people mmo's are old people games now. They want fast and quick game play. And a lot of older people are just not into the new mmo's coming out. And lets not forget dealing with player communities either. You could say Wow was great for the mmo but it also was bad too. Look at all the people still playing Wow over the new games that keep coming out. These people see no reason to quit Wow over any other mmo.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I agree with you but the companies don't want to take any risk, that's the problem. What they aren't getting is that in not taking a risk, they will fail. The best games are the ones who took the risk and were smash hits. The Witcher series, Dragon Age series, etc. They took risks in how they did things and now are some of the best loved games. But none of them are MMO's. MMO's haven't taken a real risk since the early 2000's. 
    delete5230AlBQuirkyGdemami
    Hariken said:
    I think the genre peaked with Wow. Wow is still at the top of the pile and its more than 10 years old. Non of the games coming out have mass appeal. All of them are niche games at best. You could say the genre is going back to what it was before Wow. It was a niche genre that only PC geeks were into. If you look at the list of mmo's coming out they all are some form of open world PVP. I think that is done on purpose to keep player numbers down for over all cost of running a full on content game. Content is costly to produce. Its cheaper to run a PVP mmo. 

The mmo genre had its run but its fading from mass appeal. Look at the games that are popular today. Games like Fortnite are the new rage. To young people mmo's are old people games now. They want fast and quick game play. And a lot of older people are just not into the new mmo's coming out. And lets not forget dealing with player communities either. You could say Wow was great for the mmo but it also was bad too. Look at all the people still playing Wow over the new games that keep coming out. These people see no reason to quit Wow over any other mmo.

Nah some mmorpg's before wow were actually very popular though, UO, EQ and DAOC to name a few were actually very successful.

I think you are mixing up stereotyping genre with gameplay mechanics too. Mmorpg's can be quick paced too. Anyway this is the actual problem, no games have come out that have actually been more appealing over the old ones and I don't believe this is down to people getting over the mmorpg genre for the exact reasons I mentioned in my original post. I think the fact is, developers just haven't trumped some of those old mmorpg's yet. ESO and BDO have got close in some ways and gained fair population, but there are still large flaws in both of those games that a lot of people really dislike.
    Gdemami
    Moirae said:
    I agree with you but the companies don't want to take any risk, that's the problem. What they aren't getting is that in not taking a risk, they will fail. The best games are the ones who took the risk and were smash hits. The Witcher series, Dragon Age series, etc. They took risks in how they did things and now are some of the best loved games. But none of them are MMO's. MMO's haven't taken a real risk since the early 2000's. 

Yeah I totally agree. A lot of those older developers invested in a creative project to create a living world as opposed to a business model. Perhaps this is a failure of the education system with regard to games. They follow a structure as opposed to creating something unique and innovative from a vision.
    dijicaekGdemami
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Bingo.... This guy gets it :)
    Gdemami
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I'm with @Scot and @Moirae, companies won't risk it. When companies saw that "big money" could be made in MMOs, they all jumped on board and trashed the genre. No longer is half a million a month for years good enough. They (companies) want mega millions each and every month (day?). So triple A MMO worldbuilding is something in the past. The new mass of players don't want that. They want quick, pop-in/pop-out, easy rewards murder simulations.
    ScotdijicaekGdemamiRicardo5802

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I miss Star Wars Galaxies. Back when MMORPG's were about making a world, and not just a themepark ride.

/startSWTORrant
    Ugh, this thread reminds me of SWTOR again. I want to like this game so bad. I am a sucker for story in RPG's, MMORPG's and anything Star Wars, I even enjoy cheesy stories and overly dramatic Siths. And you can hate me for liking the stylized graphics style too.

But I can't get past the unresponsive combat, ability delays and the camera rotation speed bug that drives me mad. It has been in (on and off) since launch. Then there is this very bad world map and too many similar abilities for classes, just to fill the good old rotations. Melee feels very floaty and clunky. It is one of the few games where I did not like melee combat.

Also, ever wondered how it is possible that no one in this sci fi themed game can sell you a map? Not even on Dromund Kaas or Corellia. No, you have to explore it yourself and what? draw it on your own pda? It is so painfully obvious they copied all mechanics from WoW and then made some dumb design choices to make it play worse.

/endSWTORrant
    dijicaekGdemamiPhry
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Wow started this design trend along with SOE and EQ2.However EQ2 did at least have housing and more systems,Wow was like the child of EQ2.

Seeing such a simple and easy design to mimic is why the market became flooded with these clones,even easier with modern day engines and tech.

These titles,AL of them since Wow have very few systems and the FOCUS of the games has remained a very simple one>>level fast and kill bosses for loot,,YEAH so much fun...sigh.

[Deleted User]Phry

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Could be possible that most MMORPG players are already too invested into their current game to just drop it and start playing a new one.

You have the Golden Age for Old School vets who played as a hobby

who got screwed over by 

WoW Age for Millennials who played for entertainment.

who got screwed over by

Mobile Games for Gen Z who play while waiting on nude Snapchat pics to download from the girl in their math class.
    AlBQuirkydelete5230Gdemami
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     most of the games made now are for Casuals and thats where the  money is, and the backbone of games like GW2 , BDO, ESO etc..

There is some hope in some upcoming games like Pantheon , Saga of Lucimia and Arcfall for ex..
    ScotNorseGoddelete5230Gdemami
    edited September 2018
    Scot said:

There is some truth to this and I expected a response like this from people. I don't think it is actually because they "can't" be mainstream though. I think that it is simply because nobody has taken chance and developed a high quality game with these kinds of themes within the mmorpg genre.

They attempt it with other genre though... Hence dark souls which could certainly be considered mainstream. So could lord of the rings itself be considered mainstream. There are plenty of examples out there of mature style games that do very very well.

Like I said I think we will get something like that that is actually AAA or close too eventually, but it just may be a while.
    I agree that they are overly concerned with the risk, as the money needed to produce top notch graphics has gone through the roof, the obsession with only releasing tried and tested has gone through the roof as well. You mentioned Dark Souls, yes its mainstream but as I mentioned the other day where was the revelation in gameplay difficulty that followed? Can anyone even come with another AAA solo game that difficult? It is seen as an aberration by the gaming industry, the fans that flocked to it just are not the expanding player base they want to put their money into.

I think a 40K Warhammer MMO could be a big success, but it is seen as too risky, so we may never see one. The gaming industry, not just MMOs has shoe horned itself into a box that is very hard to break out from.
    Gdemami
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I think the same amount, and even more, money is available to throw at game creations. It's a multi-billion $$ industry and has been for a while. Doesn't it make more than other entertainment options combined? Haven't we as a group proven we're willing to spend outrageous amounts of money on entertainment by now...

I think devs are in a flux. They see WoW, but fail when they try to duplicate it. They try to do other types of games, but they don't stick around long. They're learning, too slow IMHO, that most peeps don't like P2W or "bad" lootboxes or being nickled and dimed from their games, but they still haven't found the happy medium yet.

I wish they'd get away from the shallow flash and get to an epic journey/story/lore. I wish they'd learn to incorporate all of our tech into games to give us more options on how to consume its content.

Stop using shallow game mechanics as filler, Devs, because "it's a MMORPG so ____ has to be in there." Give things more weight and meaning, damn it! Provide us with a mountain of customization options for all aspects of our game, so we can use the tools you provide to cater our gameplay to our liking, instead of force feeding us what you think we want.

Modders have been taking what you make, and turning it into something better forever, or adding lots of gameplay that you didn't even think of, so why the hand holding? Give us the world and the tools, and get out of our way, but the keys to the kingdom still belong to you and thanks for giving us a safe place to flex our creative muscles and play!

Gamers are your greatest resource, and we'd provide a lot of services out of love for the game...for free.

Gut Out!
    AlBQuirkyGravebladeGdemami

What, me worry?

Gutlard said:
    I think the same amount, and even more, money is available to throw at game creations. It's a multi-billion $$ industry and has been for a while. Doesn't it make more than other entertainment options combined? Haven't we as a group proven we're willing to spend outrageous amounts of money on entertainment by now...

I think devs are in a flux. They see WoW, but fail when they try to duplicate it. They try to do other types of games, but they don't stick around long. They're learning, too slow IMHO, that most peeps don't like P2W or "bad" lootboxes or being nickled and dimed from their games, but they still haven't found the happy medium yet.

I wish they'd get away from the shallow flash and get to an epic journey/story/lore. I wish they'd learn to incorporate all of our tech into games to give us more options on how to consume its content.

Stop using shallow game mechanics as filler, Devs, because "it's a MMORPG so ____ has to be in there." Give things more weight and meaning, damn it! Provide us with a mountain of customization options for all aspects of our game, so we can use the tools you provide to cater our gameplay to our liking, instead of force feeding us what you think we want.

Modders have been taking what you make, and turning it into something better forever, or adding lots of gameplay that you didn't even think of, so why the hand holding? Give us the world and the tools, and get out of our way, but the keys to the kingdom still belong to you and thanks for giving us a safe place to flex our creative muscles and play!

Gamers are your greatest resource, and we'd provide a lot of services out of love for the game...for free.

Gut Out!
    Funnily enough I made a post on the general gaming section of the forum yesterday that says things similar to what you are saying.

I think things have actually regressed in a lot of ways. A lot of the older games out there had far more features or content (not specifically just to mmorpgs btw) and better systems, the mechanics for some games were actually superior. Such as Jedi Knights combat system. Alien vs Predator 2's amount of game modes, aliens types, predator types etc. What about Neverwinter Nights, with it's great editor where people basically made mini mmorpgs within the game itself because the editor allowed so much freedom. UO had so much content for the different professions you could choose. Planetside 1 had so so many vehicles and skills options available compared to the second.

We shouldn't be getting products with LESS features and simpler mechanics. Sure we are getting products with much better animations, graphics, shadows, lighting... That is not what really makes a game "fun to play" though, it's just sugar on top.
    AlBQuirkyiixviiiixdijicaekGdemami
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited September 2018
    I think we need less MMORPGs and more multi-player singleplayer (co-op) experiences.

Imagine Skyrim with a bunch of friends?  People have been wanting this stuff for so long, but it doesn't happen.

Instead we get half assed MMORPGs that leave a lot to be desired.. and just can't compete with the decade old titan that WoW is.  There's so many QoL features needed in MMORPGs these days that having everything there on launch is practically impossible.  Hell, popular MMOs like FFXIV have tons of missing QoL features and archaic restrictions, yet it's still one of the top played MMORPGs today.

Technology has vastly improved over the last 20 years.  We can have open world full action combat games.  Sure lag is a problem in giant countries like NA compared to where these types of games are developed (Korea), not to mention infrastructure differences, but it's fully possible now when it wasn't before.  We can have tens of thousands of people on the same server. We can simulate impressive AI ontop of having hundreds or thousands of people playing.

So much stuff is possible that wasn't before (or not without extreme sacrifices).  But it feels like things haven't progressed anywhere near like we'd expect.

I'm always hopeful a new titan will come out, but.. it's more often than not letdowns year after year.

Regardless, I just really wish we had more singleplayer-like multiplayer games.  More co-op in games; no throwaway horde modes, but full on open world campaign co-op with story and everything.  These games are rare.. notably on PC, and especially with online multiplayer.
    AlBQuirkyiixviiiixdijicaek
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    DAOWAce said:
    I think we need less MMORPGs and more multi-player singleplayer (co-op) experiences.

Imagine Skyrim with a bunch of friends?  People have been wanting this stuff for so long, but it doesn't happen.

Instead we get half assed MMORPGs that leave a lot to be desired.. and just can't compete with the decade old titan that WoW is.  There's so many QoL features needed in MMORPGs these days that having everything there on launch is practically impossible.  Hell, popular MMOs like FFXIV have tons of missing QoL features and archaic restrictions, yet it's still one of the top played MMORPGs today.

Technology has vastly improved over the last 20 years.  We can have open world full action combat games.  Sure lag is a problem in giant countries like NA compared to where these types of games are developed (Korea), not to mention infrastructure differences, but it's fully possible now when it wasn't before.  We can have tens of thousands of people on the same server. We can simulate impressive AI ontop of having hundreds or thousands of people playing.

So much stuff is possible that wasn't before (or not without extreme sacrifices).  But it feels like things haven't progressed anywhere near like we'd expect.

I'm always hopeful a new titan will come out, but.. it's more often than not letdowns year after year.

Regardless, I just really wish we had more singleplayer-like multiplayer games.  More co-op in games; no throwaway horde modes, but full on open world campaign co-op with story and everything.  These games are rare.. notably on PC, and especially with online multiplayer.
    I've heard the desire for "multiplayer" versions of single player games for a long, long time. I understand players' desire, but I have no want of this. How many "Dragonborns" can there be at one time? Who decides who is it and the rest just more intelligent (hopefully :) ) NPCs?

A story like most single player games have boggles my mind in a multiplayer set up. This was a huge reason I was very skeptical of ES:O.

I can see the appeal, though. Having friends in your party and interacting with them makes the game seem more "human." I can totally get this part. It just doesn't grab the old "party RPG" games of old (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ! & 2, all of the old Gold Box D&D games, Bard's Tale, etc.).

Now, maybe if the game was like the old "Gauntlet" arcade game, where there was little to no story, maybe. Just go out and kill things, together with friends. That'd be a cool tag line!

What appeals to me in single player games gets lost in multiplayer games. I get to decide what to do and when. If I see a shiny, I can go right at it. I don't need to consider anyone else's playtime. The story is built for me only, not a party. I can take the time to roleplay if I want to, or read books (TES).  That's just me and my opinion, though. I know many other players agree with you :)

Maybe it's just 'cause I ain't got no friends... ;)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Scorchien said:
     most of the games made now are for Casuals and thats where the  money is, and the backbone of games like GW2 , BDO, ESO etc..

There is some hope in some upcoming games like Pantheon , Saga of Lucimia and Arcfall for ex..
    I wish I could remember where I found a study that backs what you said. But, you're right. It showed casuals as the cashcow and mobile games a a large chuck of that.

I think people that play MMORPGs as a hobby are different than people who play MMOs for entertainment.

Sadly, I don't see MMORPGs ever being made again for the hobbyist.

Remember when Devs played their own games? Remember when GMs would spawn a rare boss in the middle of a city/town?

Now, MMORPGs are called "products", made by a studio filled with no-name devs that only care about deadlines from the publisher and earnings reports for investors. LOLWAT?

MMORPGs went from being a hobby to an industry. And it shows. Badly, depending on what kind of player you are.
    dijicaek
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • dijicaekdijicaek Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited September 2018
    To me, the theme or setting is almost irrelevant. If the game is fun, I'll play it. The problem with MMORPGs these days, in my opinion, is that they all strive towards essentially the same thing: getting people hooked on endgame, whether that's via lootboxes in free games, cosmetic grind, or gear treadmills.

Gone are the days where you can truly enjoy the leveling part of the game, because it's all half-baked. Developers now know the part that matters is the endgame for a majority of MMO players (RPG or otherwise), so they put all their effort into that while putting barely any into pre-endgame content. They reason, "we'll just offer an level boost when there's more endgame grind since players won't enjoy our leveling content anyway", and they're probably right.

Which is all fine if you're one of those players who enjoys gear treadmills, or is all about endgame dungeons and raids, but for those of us who liked the feeling of adventuring in a world filled with other players it makes MMOs feel not much different to playing something like Left 4 Dead - join a match (a group doing dungeons/raids) and play against the challenges you face. Fun sometimes, but completely lacking any sense of adventure which drew us to MMORPGs for the RPG part.

Unfortunately it's all lead to MMORPGs perverting RPG progression concepts into being the core game loop, to the point where some players don't even realise these RPG mechanics weren't originally meant to carrot-and-stick you all the way to endgame, but be a measure of your character's progression (hence the term) throughout the adventure. 

Another great loss to modern MMO development trends is any depth to character creation and development. Each class will simply have a handful of skills to choose from which must all be balanced in the interest of endgame parity, if possible. At best you'll have a choice of a few skill trees or sub classes which have one defining mechanic change.

I yearn for an MMORPG which doesn't make me feel like I'm being taken on a tour of a world not even the developers care for on the way to the endgame grind, and actually feel like I'm adventuring and developing a character. You know, sort of like an RPG. ;)

AlBQuirky said:
    I can see the appeal, though. Having friends in your party and interacting with them makes the game seem more "human." I can totally get this part. It just doesn't grab the old "party RPG" games of old (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ! & 2, all of the old Gold Box D&D games, Bard's Tale, etc.).
    If you never played BioWare's Neverwinter Nights with friends you really missed out. Probably the closest a video game can get to Dungeons & Dragons.
    AlBQuirky said:
    Now, maybe if the game was like the old "Gauntlet" arcade game, where there was little to no story, maybe. Just go out and kill things, together with friends. That'd be a cool tag line!
    Isn't that basically games like Diablo, Torchlight, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, and Path of Exile? Story is present, but basically can be ignored and the main attraction is killing a whole lot of monsters for their sweet, randomly generated loot.
    GravebladeAlBQuirky
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    AlBQuirky said:
    DAOWAce said:

I've heard the desire for "multiplayer" versions of single player games for a long, long time. I understand players' desire, but I have no want of this. How many "Dragonborns" can there be at one time? Who decides who is it and the rest just more intelligent (hopefully :) ) NPCs?

Challenge accept XD .
    For skyrim online multiplayer , you have 1 Dragonborn as GM . The rest are just Dragonborn followers .
    Because you not dragonborn , killed dragons can respawn . That's keep the world go around .

AlBQuirky
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I definitely want themepark, as sandbox seems to mean 90% crafting focused game.

I'd want a deep and complex rpg system and character development.

I don't want gimmicks like finding collectables tied to any significant chardev systems like in DCUO.  I don't understand achievements and would prefer a game the focuses on gameplay and rewards clearing content with something tangible and sensible and not something only kids understand or want.

I don't want scaling content like in ESO.

I definitely want a real auction house and not the gimmicky nonsense in ESO.

I'd prefer reticle system instead of tab-targeting.  

I'd like a sci-fi world with tons of item slots and implants and nano-tech like in AO.  

Different servers for different pvp and pvp-loot rules.

I definitely don't want it to be a single character can train and do everything type of game like Ryzom and Shroud of the Avatar.  I like alts.  I like restricted, rewarding crafting too and hate everyone can train all resource collection professions and all crafting professions and craft everything.

Definitely have an arena with 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5.  

Definitely have challenging baseline content that can be solo'd but is much easier/faster grouped.  No Wildstar level difficulty for dungeons and raids since everyone will rage-quit the game and blame the game for being bad instead of themselves for being baddies.  

Just stressing again no auction system that requires you to run all over the place and waste all your game time buying and getting one upgrade as an excuse to force you to look at player cities or a player's house.  Grown men don't care about and definitely don't want to be inconvenienced to highlight a Barbie doll house system of the game.

No housing system or player city system at all to keep the undesirables out and as payback for all the time these people and their Barbie doll house love has caused me to have wasted over the years.    
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'd like a Vampire: Bloodlines MMO.  Other then that I see MMOs moving more to multi platforms.
    blamo2000ScotAlBQuirky

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Well some posters in another thread are suggesting a Warhammer 40K MMO may now be being made, if so quite happy to say I got that totally wrong. :)