Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Going Old School with Weekly Screenshot Releases - Check Out the Zone Diversity - MMORPG.c

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Going Old School with Weekly Screenshot Releases - Check Out the Zone Diversity - MMORPG.com

Over the last week or so, Amazon has been sending out screenshots to show off the breadth of diversity that players will find in the zones and locations in New World. These include snowy fortresses, bucolic forest streams, hazy mountain vistas and more. According to the New World Twitter, each Saturday will see more screenshots released each Saturday across its social media accounts.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This looks really good. So looking forward to this game.
    Xoph
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Ahhh the hype is real.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Please dont do this approach amazon....Dark and Light did this crap for years....we know how all those screenshots turned out in the end. If you dont have video footage (NOT GIFS! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT GIFS), just dont release anything.
    Alomar
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766

Albatroes said:

Please dont do this approach amazon....Dark and Light did this crap for years....we know how all those screenshots turned out in the end. If you dont have video footage (NOT GIFS! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT GIFS), just dont release anything.

Amazon is doing just that, they're going to open up testing during Alpha so it'll likely be quite early builds of the game, as the ones who playtested them time ago described.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Odd retro move for the studio promoting cutting edge Twitch integration.
    ScellowLaviota
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I don't know about you guys, but I just love the fact that Amazon is going to make a game. I am all for innovation and a company with endless pile of money sure seems like a great bet to do something new and magical in the MMORPG genre.

I'm heavily excited for this game and will continue to jump in. I just have to plan my early retirement around the time it comes out and hope my amazon prime membership gives me added bonuses . . . j/k.

Cryomatrix
    SabracLaviotaAzaron_NightbladeYashaX
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    The setting is very unique and I hope this game really fills the SWG sized hole in my heart.
  • NephandusNephandus Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Hm, geo-blocking and the hype ... Kinda seen games die like that before. I'm not holding my breath ;)
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I used to like checking out the new screens for upcoming mmo's I highly anticipated. This is a cool deviation from the current norm.
    SBFord
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If they released a game play video a week it would be more effective. It's not old school, it's a lazy and bad marketing decision.

Anybody can turn up everything to ultra and screen cap environment. That's not gonna fly these days.

There was a lot of pomp and circumstance around the launch of the studio and the 3 flagship games. 1 game has died miserably already.

They better go for "shock and awe" not this "blah and yawn" approach.
    NasajimmywolfAlomar
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited September 2018
    Xodic said:

Is that what this was referring to with 'old school'?
    I thought it was the mentioning of zones, or the fact that it's an alpha you don't have to pay for...
    Actually, by "old school" I just meant that they are hearkening back to the old days of MMOs when devs would release a 1/2 dozen screens in a magazine or on their site every few months. We'd all be leaving nose prints on the windows as we clamored like kids to peer through a window to see the new Christmas display like Ralphie in A Christmas Story.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]mmolouYashaXDakeru

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I'll give 'em this much; it's definitely pretty for a survival game!

Maybe even more so than Conan Exiles.

I'm curious about the character customization though. And how the models look in general.
    Alomar

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    I don't understand why this MMO have so much survival style in it. It must directly compete with their other survival game Crucible.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    SBFord said:
    Xodic said:

Is that what this was referring to with 'old school'?
    I thought it was the mentioning of zones, or the fact that it's an alpha you don't have to pay for...
    Actually, by "old school" I just meant that they are hearkening back to the old days of MMOs when devs would release a 1/2 dozen screens in a magazine or on their site every few months. We'd all be leaving nose prints on the windows as we clamored like kids to peer through a window to see the new Christmas display like Ralphie in A Christmas Story.

@SBFord
    This is seriously off topic and I apologize but ...

This is one of our politicians: Philipp Amthor
    Doesn't he look like a grown up version of little Ralphie?

I mean seriously don't you just want to hug him and give him a Red Ryder air rifle for Christmas?!
    IselinConstantineMerus[Deleted User]
    Harbinger of Fools