Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brian Fargo Wants to Buy Interplay

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited September 2018

I'm asked what would we do if Bard's Tale 4 PC is a big hit.

How about this stretch goal.  I will attempt to buy Interplay back if we manage to sell over 2 million units in the first 18 months.

@wouldntthatbeawesome

and what make you think they would sell it? or if they sell they would let go the Ips? looks more a waste of time
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    The first LoTR game I ever played was from Interplay

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

How about this stretch goal.  I will attempt to buy Interplay back if we manage to sell over 2 million units in the first 18 months.

@wouldntthatbeawesome

and what make you think they would sell it? or if they sell they would let go the Ips? looks more a waste of time
    It's not worth much these days outside of the name. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Kyleran said:

@wouldntthatbeawesome

Dragon Wars, Earthworm Jim, Sacrifice, Kingpin and many more 
    The question is do they still own them?

On September 7, 2016, a press release was published on Nasdaq Newswire reporting that Interplay will be selling their library of intellectual properties, including video game assets. The sale included 70 titles and "dozens of characters." Investment firm Wedbush Securities is orchestrating the sale.[34]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

@wouldntthatbeawesome

The question is do they still own them?

On September 7, 2016, a press release was published on Nasdaq Newswire reporting that Interplay will be selling their library of intellectual properties, including video game assets. The sale included 70 titles and "dozens of characters." Investment firm Wedbush Securities is orchestrating the sale.[34]

One thing of note is some of the IP's have been sold but as of 2018 not many have been sold. 
    yeah just the important ones, with would be worth to buy the company back, most of this games even before they selling it was already getting dusk in the shelfs
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Kyleran said:

@wouldntthatbeawesome

I've never heard of Dragon Wars or Kingpin. I've heard of Earthworm Jim and own a copy of Sacrifice (GoG sale freebie), but not yet played it. It may be my ignorance, but how "valuable" are these old titles/IPs?
    FrodoFragins

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited September 2018
    In tiny print under Fargo's statement:

". . . By offering them $1,500 and a signed picture of my poodle.  I said I would try!"
    Kyleran

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다