Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those that play(ed) Boundless, how is it so far?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
Saw it pop up on my steam recommended games. Looks really neat. But besides it being minecraft the MMO...I dunno anything about it.

I guess main complaint is the microtransactions? But from what I researched its not even close to being bad like BDO or ones worse than BDO, more like ESO/GW2 level microtransactions. 

Besides that though, how is the game itself? Does it get boring fast? Or is there a lot to do for longterm playing?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• Herdman2402Herdman2402 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited September 2018
    I enjoy PvE and meaningful PvP but right now the PvE is very lacking and PvP isn't in the game yet.

The Main PvE so far is wander planets 'activing' regions to trigger a meteor drop. These meteors spawn waves of baddies. Defeating a meteor will grant rewards, mainly oort stone that are used to power portals.
    There are 4 creature types, Wildstock, Spitters, Cuttletrunk, Hoppers.
    Wildstock charge at you and knock you back. Spitters spit projectiles or bombs, Cuttletrunks fly around firing laser beams at you and homing projectiles, Hoppers.. hop at you and explode. There are multiple tiers of these enemy's with 4 elemental types. There are plans for more creatures and dungeons/bosses.

The Combat is very basic with only 2 weapon types so far. Slingbow and Fists. Both are ranged. Slingbow is a crossbow and the Fist shoots out and retracts like a cartoon. I think the fists atm is a gimmick. I never used it honestly. There is plan for a melee weapon called the lance.

There are plans for PvP worlds aswell. I like PvP but I personally feel like this game would have a poor pvp experience due to the forging system. Its way to unbalanced for meaningful pvp and I hope they don't waste energy on it.

The game at this time is mainly gathering materials, crafting, building, trading/selling. I find it does this very well. I have 395 hours so far in the game and I've enjoyed every moment. But that said, I'm personally running out of things to do simply because of the lack of PvE content. But what can you expect after playing 300+ hours. I am not a creative builder type but I still found enjoyment in boundless crafting and opening a shop. It was worth every penny for me and I'll be waiting to see the future content releases (hoping for the PvE first) while I just play more casually.

Its a slow grind, If you like that sort of thing, and It is very confusing at the start. Also there has been some network/connection issues. I personally have had non but that seems to be a big issue for a lot of people since the population keeps going up.

As for the micro-transactions. They give no advantages.

Edit* Honestly its been one of my favorite games in a long time and actually got me engaged in a community for once.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    It is very much a game of 'it is what you make of it' 
    Crafting and building is a large part of what you do in the game. I personally do not do that as I am a trader and hunter in game. I am contracted by builders and crafters to bring them components and such. Plus I have been joining large hunting parties lately to find meteorites. 
    The game is not a PVP game it is a PVE game so the cash shop is not an issue. (As of now)
    Think minecraft without storymode 

Are there in-game official contracts?  Or do you just chat with crafters and determine what they want?  I was thinking of trying it out as a hunter/gatherer.  How challenging is the combat?  Is it action or tab?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I'm enjoying the game very much.  I enjoy building and crafting, and this fills that itch.  In addition, the community is one of the best I've seen in years.

I self identify as a monkey.

• H3llsingH3llsing Member UncommonPosts: 11
    As someone with over 600 hours played on it... It's an enjoyable game but it is currently lacking a lot that makes it worth staying. But it's still a very good game. 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    One of the good things about the game is that the devs seem to listen to the community.  They say they've got some nice plans, and for once, I believe them.  I agree with the price point.  It seems a bit steep to me, so you might wanna wait for a sale.  I think it's worth the high price, but I fully understand that this type of game needs to come down a bit for many.

Wait until a sale and jump in.  I'm looking forward to see what the devs have cooked up.

I self identify as a monkey.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Thanks for the opinions everyone :)

Sounds like from judging by the posts, that its a good game and some people have a lot of hours in it. But, I'll wait to see how it does and for more content to be added. I think I'd get bored fast from sounds of it without much content.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul