Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Can You Hear Me Now?

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    Seeing haters and critics eating their words is worthier than any salary CIG could ever pay me :D
    I really hope you guys do. I mean it.
    alkarionlog
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Babuinix said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:

This game will never be finished...
    That's what we all hope for! An everlasting game constantly evolving and getting updates! ;)
    Well your job kinda depends on it.
    Seeing haters and critics eat their words is worthier than any salary CIG could ever pay me :D

Btw I sent you a PM with juicy info if you're eager to get some insight about game development and stuff like that.

It should be mandatory read for anyone who backs crowdfunded games or even anyone who post's on gaming forums tbh, I'm sure conversations would be much more insightful and constructive  B)

So you do realize like... at best it will be the most fantastical game in the history of games but the "haters", sketpics, and cynics of Chris Roberts still get to play it right? :D

There's no advantage in blind faith for Star Citizen, not for YOU at least... or is there?

BF2W = Blind Faith 2 Win 

Is there a special ship, power-up or base *Code Name: Promised Land* for those with unwavering belief and opposition to blasphemers?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    It's not about being a "cheerleader of the the most fantastical game in the history of games".
    It's about not being ignorant about game development and it's hardships.
    alkarionlog
    Babuinix said:
    It's not about being a "cheerleader of the the most fantastical game in the history of games".
    Has it never crossed your mind that people on a website called MMORPG.com might have tested alpha and betas before? 
    maskedweasel
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited September 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Nearly a decade of development time and 150+ million in funding (AAA budget) has barely delivered more than the barebones framework for a game.

Yet, somehow you have the audacity to claim that we're the ones being ignorant? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...

News flash champ, you're not the only person on the planet who understands the ebb and flow of game development, but it is irrelevant anyway because it has zero bearing on the arguments being presented by these so-called "haters and critics".

DItch the rose colored glasses and you'll thank yourself for doing so later down the road. You're doing yourself a disservice by acting the way you are.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I think this website and forums are being over saturated with Star Citizen information. 6 years of updates and whatever has caused a lot of negative feedback. Many of us are just tired of Star Citizen news. I know there is a few in here who love this game, but I am suspicious there is a higher population of people who don't care, and just want Star Citizen to shut up and release a fully made game.

• SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited September 2018

Sabrac said:...............or ends becoming another kickstarter dissapointment that stays forever in development hell.

This part here is the point. The argument is that it already is. 

You could argue that, yes, however there has been other games that had taken a long time to release too, games like Team Fortress 2 comes to mind (9 years of development), games can take a lot of time to make depending on what their scope is, while SC is trying to make innovative things, they do seem to have problems with mismanagement.

I'm not trying to defend this game tbh, i've learn my lesson in not risking my money and time with kickstarter projects that may or may not live to expectations but i digress, my original post was just to address the constant toxicity that raises almost every time a SC news pops up.

Is Star Citizen a Scam?, i don't know, i don't think anyone here could answer with certainty, perhaps only Chris Robert and his team.
    Either way the only ones that would lose here if it's indeed a scam are the backers themselves and they will have to carry all the time, money and emotional investment lost that they may had deposit with this game if that's the case.
    Post edited by Sabrac on
    edited September 2018

Babuinix said:
    Nearly a decade of development time and 150+ million in funding (AAA budget) has barely delivered more than the barebones framework for a game.

Yet, somehow you have the audacity to claim that we're the ones being ignorant? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...

News flash champ, you're not the only person on the planet who understands the ebb and flow of game development, but it is irrelevant anyway because it has zero bearing on the arguments being presented by these so-called "haters and critics".

DItch the rose colored glasses and you'll thank yourself for doing so later down the road. You're doing yourself a disservice by acting the way you are.
    Sight...spare me the cliche arm chair dev ignorance please....

7 years ago there was no studio, no dev's no tech, no budget, just an idea and a pitch video.
    A Kickstart campaign is used to get the ball going, which they did well enough to get increased funding and make the game much richer in depth and quality.

Elder Scrolls Online took 7 years with a established studio, steady budget and no need to keep backers engaged to raise money by showcasing development or doing Promo-Conventions. Has little to no tech innovation, dumbed down game mechanics and filled with loading screens.
    Almost 7 years have passed and no game as been released with even a remotely scope of Star Citizen. Have you wondered why?

And then there's Squadron 42, another highly ambitious game being made at the same time that critics conveniently forget lol

News flash champ, ditch the hate coloured glasses and you'll thank yourself for doing so later down the road. You're doing the forum a disservice by spreading ignorance once again.
    I think this website and forums are being over saturated with Star Citizen information. 6 years of updates and whatever has caused a lot of negative feedback. Many of us are just tired of Star Citizen news. I know there is a few in here who love this game, but I am suspicious there is a higher population of people who don't care, and just want Star Citizen to shut up and release a fully made game.
    Well I get that but it's not like people are forced to click on the news, or even like or even back the game for that matter, people just like to argue and it's all good for MMORPG.com cause I'm sure all the clicks it generates are welcomed. Most gamers are craving for a good ambitious MMORPG with depth and fresh ideas as seen by many threads here (example: https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7380764/#Comment_7380764) but at the same time they don't make any efforts to understand the basics about game development or it's hurdles and get frustrated when said games take a lot of time and money to produce lol

It's almost kind of ironic in a tragicomedy kind of way :D
    ceratop001alkarionlog
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    You place way too much stock in "tech," Bab. ESO was packed to the gills with PvE content at release, complete with voice acting.  If you were such a wise observer of game development as you claim, you'd realize that hand-crafted PvE content is one of the most time-consuming types of content to create.  Yet, you didn't even mention that in your comparison.

Because that wouldn't fit your obvious agenda with this forum account.

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220

TweFoju said:

This is definitely a game for the next generation, it's not for us, when i first heard of this development years ago, i wasn't even married,

fast forward, now i am married with a 2 year old son.

i can safely bet, this game will be fully release after my son is at least 10 years old.

Your great great great grandson will be playing it while in space in his spaceship....in real life.
    ceratop001
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    Has it never crossed your mind that people on a website called MMORPG.com might have tested alpha and betas before? 
    @Babuinix You going to answer this or what?
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220

Babuinix said:

NorseGod said:

Babuinix said:

This game will never be finished...

That's what we all hope for! An everlasting game constantly evolving and getting updates! ;)

Well your job kinda depends on it.

Seeing haters and critics eat their words is worthier than any salary CIG could ever pay me :D

Btw I sent you a PM with juicy info if you're eager to get some insight about game development and stuff like that.

It should be mandatory read for anyone who backs crowdfunded games or even anyone who post's on gaming forums tbh, I'm sure conversations would be much more insightful and constructive  B)

I'm sorry, what have you said that made "haters and critics eat their words"? You're shilling for the equivalent of a nigerian prince scam for gaming.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Babuinix said:

If you have frustrations or doubts it's on you to deal with them like a big boy instead of poluting foruns with whining rambles lol

If you cant handle game development maybe it's better to stick to finished products instead.  ;)

If this was about being a big boy you would allow people to have their opinions instead of throwing out all the usual ad hominems and derogatory nonsense. That's hardly mature behaviour.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I get giddy when I see SC news post. It's like not being able to look away from an accident or keep myself from slowing down to see it.

Thanks all, as usual!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

edited September 2018
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:
    @Babuinix You going to answer this or what?
    Alphas and Betas have different meanings when you talk from consumer perspective or developer perspective.

Star Citizen first "playable" module (hangar module) was released just 1 year after the first pitch video presentation (2013), human models, ship's even the hangars don't exist anymore, they were test beds to showcases the direction of the game and test tech, not the game itself.

What gamers usually partake when they are invited to test alphas/betas is more for performance and network checks. They are builds with MVP content and feature complete.

Not comparable, another showcase of gamers not understanding game development. Star Citizen started quite open and straightforward showcasing it's work, but as it's shown by but-hurt evegoons and other disgruntled backers using alpha footage into a smear campaign to discredit the project most companies prefer to enforce  NDA's to shield their alpha tests, see most the crowdfuding mmorpgs testing now are "behind close doors"
    goobsnews said:
    I'm sorry, what have you said that made "haters and critics eat their words"? You're shilling for the equivalent of a nigerian prince scam for gaming.
    Not what I said, what CIG does year after year. You're shilling for the equivalent of the nigerian prince of game development aka derek smart lol

Since 2015 that you buthurt evegoons got rear kicked by Chris Roberts out of the community that you spread those idiotic calls of "scam" are followed by the "game is out of funds".

Every year these tools mention hang on some technical challenge that will be impossible for CIG to deal with only to be dealt and then all #concern it's forgoten lol

Back in 2014 CIG wouldn't be able to make large enough maps for a space game....

In 2015 they couldn't possibly make seamless integration of dogfighting, fps, eva, physics grids or multicrew...

In 2016 Star Marine was impossible because the networking couldn't handle it, they even said that the Gamescom live gameplay planetary demo was a pre-rendered cutscene (lmao)...

2017 seamless planetary landings also impossible, it was a external loaded map they said... (lmao)

Now it's networking, the current player cap is 50 players, and they say the game can't perform, and will never perform with these current players, yet will be playing with hundreds of players next year easily.

Goons can't handle Star Citizen development so trolling is all they got.

90 days top in full swing boys, keep it up with useless bait fud.

Oh but calling out all these "opinions" as the misconceptions and lies that they are is free public service, I mean it's mostly the same haters/goons, disgruntled backers that got burned from following game development because they are ignorant about what it entails or randoms who pass by and join the hatecrew to be edgy lol

It's been the same for 3 years now, Star Citizen development keeps on going, proving all haters, doubters and cynics wrong while making millions in the process.

Rinse & Repeat
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited September 2018
    Most comprehensive strawman post I think I've seen on the SC subject.
    You'll get over it someday, here's something to ease the pain:

Babuinix said:
    You'll get over it someday, here's something to ease the pain:

It's almost 2019. That video showcases how dated it already looks. Have you played any recent AAA games?
    It's almost 2019. That video showcases how dated it already looks. Have you played any recent AAA games?
    Yeah I finished Doom but unfortunately I couldn't leave the planet and explore other worlds :(
    Babuinix said:
    Yeah I finished Doom but unfortunately I couldn't leave the planet and explore other worlds :(
    Umm, that was from like 2 1/2 years ago. These pics and videos of SC are getting more and more underwhelming. I often find it strange that in every third post you like to post a bunch of screenshots. I mean, keep doing it. Although, maybe try and post less super hi-rez screenshots just out of courtesy for data usage.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited September 2018
    Umm, that was from like 2 1/2 years ago. These pics and videos of SC are getting more and more underwhelming. I often find it strange that in every third post you like to post a bunch of screenshots. I mean, keep doing it. Although, maybe try and post less super hi-rez screenshots just out of courtesy for data usage.
    lol? I have been hearing this since this game was literally pitched "oh it looks dated", as they did, since then SC has had massive improvements to its visuals.

And compared to the visuals of recent MMO's, it is not SC who looks dated lol.
    edited September 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    lol? I have been hearing this since this game was literally pitched "oh it looks dated", as they did, since then SC has had massive improvements to its visuals.

And compared to the visuals of recent MMO's, it is not SC who looks dated lol, its visuals are a continuous improvement as it develops, it's doing juuust fine :) 

That video made the visuals look dated. Animations were terrible on top of that.
    Well if you know about a better looking space game that let's me board other players ship's shoot them up and steal their cargo I'm down for it lol! Hit me up if you find anything. :D
    Babuinix said:
    Well if you know about a better looking space game that let's me board other players ship's shoot them up and steal their cargo I'm down for it lol! Hit me up if you find anything. :D
    There are barely any space games being made. But this one is starting to look dated already - for a AAA game.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited September 2018
    BeansnBread said:
    That video made the visuals look dated. Animations were terrible on top of that.
    Visuals are above standard for one MMO, as it is one, so I don't think that'll ever be one issue, I just look at the most hyped MMO prospects we have as games like Phanteon and it's quite visible who has catching up to do.

SC doesn't have to live to the highest standards of the industry that are mostly present in AAA SP/MP games. It's exactly around the same reasons we do not have and will likely not have any time soon one medieval MMO with the visual quality of Kingdom Come Deliverance.

^^ And when we do, it'll likely already look dated against the latest AAA. As it's always been.