Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remastered > Does not run well even on good Computers

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
So its more or less a waste of time to download and activate it....

Once Remastered is active the framerate drops under 30 FPS even on good computers.....

There would have been more important stuff to work on than this Graphic improvement.

The installation of this Remastered update took longer than the time i was online playing after it was finished

sad sad.....
Gdemami

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Goromhir said:

Once Remastered is active the framerate drops under 30 FPS even on good computers.....

There would have been more important stuff to work on than this Graphic improvement.

The installation of this Remastered update took longer than the time i was online playing after it was finished

sad sad.....
    Perhaps you could share your specs so we can see what you consider a good computer?
    [Deleted User]cheyaneNephethMrMelGibsonPhry
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2018
    No problem running on my PC and all I have is an AMD 8350 and a GTX 1060. Also you have an option to use remastered so you can just uncheck it in the options.
    Phry
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited September 2018
    the whole point of remaster wasn't to optimize the game, korea intentionally make their games have horrible optimization to encourage players with older generation pcs to play in pc cafes, one of the investors for bdo requested this remaster because they own a pc cafe branch  ;)
    MikehaGorweConstantineMerusGdemami
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Some screenshots from the recent contest. 

[Deleted User]ConstantineMerus
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Because my gear got stolen from my car  2 days ago I bought a new laptop and decided to try Black Desert: Remastered to see how it would run.

Playing everything on max with 55/60 fps on 1900x1080 no problem at all.

Rig:

i7-8750H 2.20GHz (4.1GHz)
    512GB SSD
    Geforce  GTX1070 8GB 
    32GB RAM

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerusKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    omg this looks amazing. I might have to reinstall.
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I've had zero issues running Remastered.

Predator 17x Laptop
    i7 7700
    GeForce 1080
    hdmi 4k monitor

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

IMG

IMG

IMG
    JeffSpicoli
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited September 2018
    I just don't understand why they would feel the need to "remaster" what was already one of the best looking MMOs out there. Should have spent that time making the game better. 

And I have no doubt those screens are heavily edited/enhanced.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Viper482 said:
    I just don't understand why they would feel the need to "remaster" what was already one of the best looking MMOs out there. Should have spent that time making the game better. 

I can't speak for last bit if that is the case or not.

But if unaware, during taking screenshots...there is pretty much a screenshot "editor" inside the game. Can change camera angle, position of camera, change lighting and do a lot of stuff with it. Some of these look like that is what they did. Though not all.

I haven't played though since the re-master to know how it actually looks. From sounds of it, it runs even worse and the game already ran bad for me to begin with but was still playable. Now I know if I use up download bandwidth to play even low settings won't be playable on my machine.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    It runs shit on this my pc

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE processor Octadeca-core 2.60 GHz
    Graphics: 2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1080 Ti with 11 GB Dedicated Memory
    Memory: 128 GB, DDR4 SDRAM
    Storage: 2 TB HDD, 512 GB SSD

If it doesn't run good on that it's not going to run good with anything else. Before remaster it ran good enough.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Akulas said:

If it doesn't run good on that it's not going to run good with anything else. Before remaster it ran good enough.
    If you actually own this system you have a serious problem if it runs Black Desert Remastered like shit. Define shit though, you might call 50-60fps on 4k shit. Lots of shit in this post, shit...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Gorwe said:
    So, is BD:O still all flash, little substance?
    Bdo is what ever you make it to be. I'm a Trader. I'm a fisherman. I'm a Master Wizard.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Goromhir said:

sad sad.....
    I get 100+ FPS on Remastered with

DDR4-3600 32GB
    1080TI 11GB card
    Core I7 6700k

Not sure why people are complaining about Lag even in Node Wars with remastered mode on often it's because the PC is like a pre-built dell, alienware, hp, or origin pc something along those lines these are usually made with cheap hardware, and not properly configured from a hardware side so doing stuff like I would normally do pushing limits on hardware would result in hardware failures, or in-game lag.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:
    Viper482 said:

Pretty much what 99% of the western playerbase is thinking - like ... remaster? But why - the graphics is the last thing that needs work.
    I have no idea why they would remaster it tbh, admittedly it looks really good and the game seems to run smoothly for me, but as much as i like the new graphics i would have preferred them to spend the time and resources in adding more features, though the afk overnight grinding option means i don't have to spend any time grinding mobs anymore and can instead spend more time/resources trading/sailing etc. though have to say, why do the sailing ships have oars, they would look better without the oars, particularly if like me, you don't turn on the transparent masts option  :)
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    What I find interesting about this thread is the people chiming in all have a 1060 card or better, most having a 1080 or better.  Has a 1060 become the bottom rung for gaming these days?  I'd figure there are tons of people out there with worse video cards.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Gorwe said:
    yes completely

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Mikeha said:
    Gorwe said:
    Bdo is what ever you make it to be. I'm a Trader. I'm a fisherman. I'm a Master Wizard.

The Sheep Herders at work!
    JeffSpicoli
  • EvilPlayerTwoEvilPlayerTwo Member CommonPosts: 10
    edited September 2018
    Games that needs remastering are usual dying out
    Gdemami
    And with this update, I can't even play the game.  The graphical glitches even at the lowest possible settings is to much  to be ignored. So k of these developers siding with hardware vendors for specific upgrades that don't work on all hardware.

This ha salso made me decide to never upgrade my computer again. If this is the path way for vendors and developers to be lazy in game engine coding which depends on an"upgrade" they can go fuck themselves. I've stepped off the treadmill of upgrades and this will be my last computer I will ever own.

There is an option in the settings that throttles your GPU. Make sure it is turned off.
    Kyleran
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    My game runs at a constant 60 fps and has no issues and isn't nearly as good as the PC with the dual 1080's listed before. I don't know why it would be running bad on that.
  • loupokamiloupokami Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Akulas said:

It probably runs terribly BECAUSE of SLI. I learned my lesson after buying two 680ti's 6 years ago. Paying double for a 30-40% increase in performance (if it's supported) only to have constant glitches in new games. No thanks. It's a waste of money. I'll stick with my single 1080ti. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2018
    My god,how soon people change their ideas on gaming.
    I always loved good graphics but i always felt alone,every single person i ever read was saying game>graphics.

There is a lot to decipher looking at graphics but  i won't go into that other than to say ,graphics were NEVER the problem i had with BDO,everything else was done badly.IMO BDO is a very bad design,looks great..yep no arguments there but i don't buy games just to look at,i actually want to play them.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Any game on PC (especially Korean MMORPGs that run on Unreal Engine)

"The game is badly optimized, it runs terrible on my great rig"

"You're lying because I get 2000fps on my machine, your PC is probably cheap crap"
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯