Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SamuTale Free to Play from Now Through September 23rd - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSamuTale Free to Play from Now Through September 23rd - MMORPG.com

If you've been wondering about SamuTale, a one-man indie MMO in Early Access, this week is your golden opportunity to try it out. From today through September 23rd, the entire game world is open and free to play. The F2P week comes on the heels of a big update that brings a ton of bug fixes and feature enhancements to the game for a smoother experience.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• gameglazgameglaz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I don't see this game in stream
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,787
    Sponsored?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Nice to see this game is still moving forward. Gonna check it out as I bought a Gold Pack last October...hopefully it is better than it was.
    SBFord
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,878
    Pretty fun little game. Lack of population is a big issue so hopefully this helps 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 409
    be aware that the servers are in EU
    Deyirn
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,658
    This title is not on Steam
  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,469
    full loot PvP is a fail these days.
    deniterSignexOyjordHarikenPhryDakeru
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,871
    The game doesn't appear to be published publicly on Steam yet. Here is a link to the promotion on their site. http://www.samutale.com/blog/samutale-two-year-celebration

It has a download to the client executable at the bottom of the article. The article has details you might want to read, but here is the direct download link.

blueturtle13SabracPhryServingSize
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,347
    Too bad it's Full Loot PvP, i won't give it even a shot.

But still, pretty good job for a one-man MMO
    OyjordsakerHarikenFrodoFraginsPhry
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,871
    deniter said:
    Too bad it's Full Loot PvP, i won't give it even a shot.

But still, pretty good job for a one-man MMO
    Full loot hardcore isn't my thing either, but it does look very well done and the graphics are nice especially considering the team size. My guess is that the developer or someone on their team is an excellent project manager. :smile:
    blueturtle13deniterDiscipledOne
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Looks like a nice game for any full loot PvP fans out there. That's not me, but the game is clearly well thought out and professionally presented on the website. Shockingly, that is so often not the case...
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,560
    Wait... is this some sort of Salem-lite game? I would play the shit out of it if was the case.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 780
    Launcher seems broken. It always offers only update and never play option.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I don't mind there being PVP in a game so much, but full loot is always a deal breaker for me. I don't see the game having any kind of mass appeal but i doubt thats what they are aiming for, so within the the relatively small niche of PVP games that have full loot it might do well if they are able to keep on improving the game.
     The future of such games is decidedly fragile though, so they definitely have their work cut out for them! good luck to them even so, as games like this always seem to be created by Devs with a dream, i hope they achieve it.  :/
    pepejiujitsu
  • DeyirnDeyirn Member UncommonPosts: 467

fascism said:

be aware that the servers are in EU

I know, awesome, right? I will have a nice ping.
    Yoofaloof

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,119
    It has a decent idea for the game that it is, but to me is just uninteresting as it hits too much on the tired survival type of games, it could instead mix in a lot of PvE content while retaining the PvP.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 780
    It works now. I played for a while, didn't get ganked by anyone. Met a few players only. Crafting is pretty standard. Cute graphics and decent performance. I guess to enjoy it one would need a friendly group, I doubt this is playable solo unless you like to suffer from ganks.
    Torval

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Saw YouTube video looks really bad, checked comments 100% bad comments as well. Nothing to see here.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,878
    Phry said:
    I don't mind there being PVP in a game so much, but full loot is always a deal breaker for me. I don't see the game having any kind of mass appeal but i doubt thats what they are aiming for, so within the the relatively small niche of PVP games that have full loot it might do well if they are able to keep on improving the game.
     The future of such games is decidedly fragile though, so they definitely have their work cut out for them! good luck to them even so, as games like this always seem to be created by Devs with a dream, i hope they achieve it.  :/
    Well as it stands, population wise, there is not enough people on to loot you =)
    Torval

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,560
    edited September 2018
    The map is way too small (even taking the player count in mind) to it's concept.

Crafting is shallow and there is not reward for leveling other than unlocking a straight line of techs.

They really should take some notes from Salem crafting and glutonny system.

Edit: The graphics are great, fits the game. And the community is really really friendly.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • skadadskadad Member UncommonPosts: 389
    full loot pvp -> automatic pass from me.
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 557
    Two year game and the avatars cant even walk They keep on sliding on ground specially when sprinting. That's embaressing even for alpha state.