Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Can You Hear Me Now?

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Can You Hear Me Now?

This week's Star Citizen: Around the Verse program is hosted by Sandi Gardiner and Eric Kieron Davis and is focused on the creation of sound in the game, specifically "focused audio". In addition, asteroid mining makes its return and "Lorville air traffic" with regard to flight AI are featured. The video kicks off with a look at what players have been up to, including the creation of an art project called "Sad Rocket Man".

Read the full story here

Comments

• feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Is this game in live release? Or is it all some type of alpha/beta?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

feztonio said:

It's in Alpha.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Wow, looks promising, cant wait. Is release soon? Any date?
    Jakdstrippergastovski1

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    rensta said:
    No release date.

They've posted their planned roadmap for 1 year ahead, and there's no switch to beta let alone release within that timeframe.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and here we go again.....
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    feztonio said:
    Not even an alpha.  It's a tech demo.

Even the flight model in the current alleged "alpha" is slated to be scrapped and redone from the ground up.  And all the other mechanics are not there to be alpha tested like medicine, food, crafting, building, housing, criminal system, NPC AI, death penalties, etc, with the exception of some "tier 0" (thus likely to not resemble the final product at all, if there hypothetically is a final product) bare-bones mining.
    gastovski1
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited September 2018

rensta said:

epic troll bro....epic troll

game has been in "production" since 2011 ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    edited September 2018
    Yes I can hear you, Clem Fandango.
    sgelmaskedweasel
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Yes I can hear you, Clem Fandango.
    I came here to say the same thing. +1000 points
    immoralthang

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

feztonio said:

Even the flight model in the current alleged "alpha" is slated to be scrapped and redone from the ground up.  And all the other mechanics are not there to be alpha tested like medicine, food, crafting, building, housing, criminal system, NPC AI, death penalties, etc, with the exception of some "tier 0" (thus likely to not resemble the final product at all, if there hypothetically is a final product) bare-bones mining.

False. There is nothing to be redone from scratch. Flight model is a n XML matrix... beacuse not all ships and systems are implemented, there is no need to polish flight model at this stage. Balance is the last stage before release not in Alpha.
    The day they want to do it, it is a matter of changing some digits in an XML file... really a big deal .. in fact no :)
    alkarionlog
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

rensta said:

epic troll bro....epic troll

game has been in "production" since 2011 ;)

False... end of kickstarter was end of Nov. 2012: 12 guys, 6M$, no studios , no pipelines... You lie and it shows badly :)
    alkarionlogmmolou
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    JoeBlober said:

feztonio said:

False. There is nothing to be redone from scratch. Flight model is a n XML matrix... beacuse not all ships and systems are implemented, there is no need to polish flight model at this stage. Balance is the last stage before release not in Alpha.
    The day they want to do it, it is a matter of changing some digits in an XML file... really a big deal .. in fact no :)
    Well, don't hold out on us, post the link where we can follow what's going on today with the flight model status.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited September 2018
    JoeBlober said:

feztonio said:

Yep, like you and I said, the flight model in there is nothing.  So it's not an alpha.  It's a tech demo.
    MaxBacon
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2018
    Tiamat64 said:
    Yep, like you and I said, the flight model in there is nothing.  So it's not an alpha.  It's a tech demo.
    You don't know what a tech demo is, what you could brand of having unfinished core mechanics is of a Pre-Alpha, even though, due to the very nature of alpha testing, games can face major changes due to the player feedback or its needs as it develops; the Alpha terminology itself is not feature-complete software.

SC has been in tech demos or pre-alphas stages when all they had was isolated pieces of the game, Dogfighting in one side, hangars in another, landing zones in other, with no persistence or proper game loops resembling the pitched game. Unfortanly for your argument, it does have that now.
    alkarionlog
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    You don't know what a tech demo is, what you could brand of having unfinished core mechanics is of a Pre-Alpha, even though, due to the very nature of alpha testing, games can face major changes due to the player feedback or its needs as it develops; the Alpha terminology itself is not feature-complete software.

SC has been in tech demos or pre-alphas stages when all they had was isolated pieces of the game, Dogfighting in one side, hangars in another, landing zones in other, with no persistence or proper game loops resembling the pitched game. Unfortanly for your argument, it does have that now.
    The horrific insult to game development that star citizen white knights refer to as the Star Citizen alpha right now is nothing more than an isolated piece of the (hypothetical final) game now, too.
    Tiamat64 said:
    The horrific insult to game development that star citizen white knights refer to as the Star Citizen alpha right now is nothing more than an isolated piece of the (hypothetical final) game now, too.
    Horrific insult lol, you haven't been following many early access games have you hmmm 
    You likely also don't properly know the current feature-set of the game, because there are several game loops already resembling of the pitched game. They are unfinished, not the usual tech demo/prototype code that is just a proof of concept a phase SC has already moved from and its current mechanics are already the final solutions in-dev, from FPS to AI, to the existent content.
    alkarionlogJoeBlober
    edited September 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Horrific insult lol, you haven't been following many early access games have you hmmm 
    You likely also don't properly know the current feature-set of the game, because there are several game loops already resembling of the pitched game. They are unfinished, not the usual tech demo/prototype code that is just a proof of concept a phase SC has already moved from and its current mechanics are already the final solutions in-dev, from FPS to AI, to the existent content.
    I guess no one did follow a game on early access this long like you guys do
    MaxBaconsausagemix[Deleted User]
    edited September 2018
    I guess no one does hate an early access game for this long like you guys do xD 

It's easy to forget games like DayZ because of the traumas they created (and still create) to the early access program, but they're there lol
    JoeBlober
    edited September 2018
    Of course no one's been either following SC's early access or hating its early access as long as any other games' followers.  Other games never were in "early access"/"alpha"/"Prolonged tech demo" for over 6 years and counting, so SC has long exceeded the amount of time where it's even POSSIBLE to follow any other game's "early access" for longer.
    alkarionlogMaxBaconsausagemix
    MaxBacon said:
    I guess no one does hate an early access game for this long like you guys do xD 

It's easy to forget games like DayZ because of the traumas they created (and still create) to the early access program, but they're there lol
    I don't remember ever saying I support early access.

but hey if you want to compare DayZ with star citizen, its ok, I kinda agree on that
    MaxBacon
    edited September 2018
    Tiamat64 said:
    Of course no one's been either following SC's early access or hating its early access as long as any other games' followers.  Other games never were in "early access"/"alpha"/"Prolonged tech demo" for over 6 years and counting, so SC has long exceeded the amount of time where it's even POSSIBLE to follow any other game's "early access" for longer.
    Considering the first proper gameplay release of SC was Arena Commander in 2014, by those terms, games like DayZ and related titles have been in early access for longer periods of time.

The longest one that I played was Overgrowth, I think in alpha since 2008 (it released in 2017).

But hey do you know who takes the cake? This one: https://store.steampowered.com/app/251950/WWII_Online/
    Yes, you saw the date right, since 2001 in early access.

So yeah it's quite possible, SC just opened up people to play through things the earliest they possibly could, otherwise the alpha would have realistically started in 2015 when the first version of the PU released.
    JoeBlober
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Considering the first proper gameplay release of SC was Arena Commander in 2014, by those terms, games like DayZ and related titles have been in early access for longer periods of time.

The longest one that I played was Overgrowth, I think in alpha since 2008 (it released in 2017).

But hey do you know who takes the cake? This one: https://store.steampowered.com/app/251950/WWII_Online/
    Yes, you saw the date right, since 2001 in early access.

So yeah it's quite possible, SC just opened up people to play through things the earliest they possibly could, otherwise the alpha would have realistically started in 2015 when the first version of the PU released.
    Hmm, I saw at least one negative review say they played the game for 8 years, and one positive that says they played the game for 11 years.

So I guess both of you are in error.  There have been people liking and hating other early access games for longer than Star Citizen.
    edited September 2018
    Tiamat64 said:
    Hmm, I saw at least one negative review say they played the game for 8 years, and one positive that says they played the game for 11 years.

So I guess both of you are in error.  There have been people liking and hating other early access games for longer than Star Citizen.
    Welp, if you just weren't trying so hard to discredit SC that you would avoid saying things like the game has been in early access for over 6 years it'd be great. Because for sure SC early access didn't start before it was even announced!

If one wants to be technical, Star Citizen, what SC is, is the PU that entered early access close to 3 years ago. If there were no modules that would have been it.
    JoeBlober
    edited September 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiamat64 said:

Welp, if you just weren't trying so hard to discredit SC that you would avoid saying things like the game has been in early access for over 6 years it'd be great. Because for sure SC early access didn't start before it was even announced!

If one wants to be technical, Star Citizen, what SC is, is the PU that entered early access close to 3 years ago. If there were no modules that would have been it.
    It wouldnt' be great.  Whether or not I'm accurate on SC's early access doesn't change that what's there is garbage and always will be.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Guys, let's stay on topic. Don't ruin this moment for me. I've been waiting for this Focused Hearing feature for 6 years now and it's finally here.
    sausagemixgoobsnews
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/