Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arby's Makes a Meat Rytlock in New Guild Wars 2 #MakeMySandwich Challenge - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageArby's Makes a Meat Rytlock in New Guild Wars 2 #MakeMySandwich Challenge - MMORPG.com

Everyone wants Arby's attention on Twitter these days, including, it seems, Guild Wars 2 and ArenaNet. The company challenged Arby's to "make me a sandwich that looks like Rytlock", though once the final product was shown, ANet was told they'd have to "order Sohothin as an extra side".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    y tho

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Actually pretty cool lol.
    SBFordThuplirojoArcueidMrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Charr are the enemy in GW1 and the first book haven’t read the other 2, now in GW2 they’re playable and heroes?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2018
    Maybe Anet secretly wants Ving Rhames to voice one of their char characters "WE HAVE THE MEATS!" I'd honestly log in again to see a story character say that.
    Asheram
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2018

DeadSpock said:

Charr are the enemy in GW1 and the first book haven’t read the other 2, now in GW2 they’re playable and heroes?

if you look at the lore, the Flame Legion (the fire charr) were the enemies in GW1. The other Legions in GW2 broke out of the Flame Legion pretty much for their villainy and are also against them.

I'll never play a charr in GW2, I still hate them all. They remind me of the Searing and poor Lady Althea, but at some point there had to be a group of more civilized charr that saw reason... i guess.
    DeadSpockitchmonJilyna

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    time007 said:
    y tho
    Because they have the meats!
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonAsheramShadowStyleB
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    time007 said:
    y tho
    Arby's social media has been pandering to geek culture for a long time now. It's a really strange marketing campaign that I don't understand. I don't see any particular tie between geeks and Arby's (and have personally always viewed it as more of a bottom-of-the-barrel redneck fast food chain). 
    Iselin
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I dont get it. Is it Arby's ad (never heard about em before) or GW2 ad or twitter?
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

DeadSpock said:

if you look at the lore, the Flame Legion (the fire charr) were the enemies in GW1. The other Legions in GW2 broke out of the Flame Legion pretty much for their villainy and are also against them.

I'll never play a charr in GW2, I still hate them all. They remind me of the Searing and poor Lady Althea, but at some point there had to be a group of more civilized charr that saw reason... i guess.

Every single character I've made in GW2 is a Charr. Your loss I guess.
    Jilyna
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Aeander said:
    time007 said:
    y tho
    Arby's social media has been pandering to geek culture for a long time now. It's a really strange marketing campaign that I don't understand. I don't see any particular tie between geeks and Arby's (and have personally always viewed it as more of a bottom-of-the-barrel redneck fast food chain). 
    I've been to Arby's exactly once. I still shudder at the thought of their rubbery-textured "roast beef." 
    JeffSpicoli
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited September 2018

DeadSpock said:

that's fine. I have 2 Sylvary, 2 humans, 1 asura and like 10 Norns. I tried rolling charr a couple of times and ended up deleting them every time.

As for Arbys... never tried them before.
    MrMelGibson

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    DeadSpock said:
    I've seen you making a ton of critical GW2 posts such as:

-I don't like the scaling
    -Shouldn't have gone f2p
    -Feels too solo

And you don't know that Charr are playable on a game that released 6 years ago?
    I guess all of your criticism was very well researched considering you apparently never met a Charr player ingame...
    xyzercrimeAeanderMrMelGibsonitchmonThupliJilynaSamhael[Deleted User]
    Harbinger of Fools
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    edited September 2018

Dakeru said:

DeadSpock said:

-Shouldn't have gone f2p
    -Feels too solo

I guess all of your criticism was very well researched considering you apparently never met a Charr player ingame...

Also I mention before I bought GW2 day one release and yes I know Charr are playable I just don’t get it. I didn’t like they went f2p cause I payed full price and didn’t get anything when they gave for free what I payed that’s bad business on their part. I played ffxiv v1.0 payed for it when 2.0 came out I got legacy from SE meaning I pay about 8$ / month vs new 2.0 players which pay 15$ / month that’s how you do it Arena net screwed us over something they give for free I payed full price and least they should have offered expac half price the very least. Back on topic I played GW1 and Charr were very very hateful enemy so was the first gw book showing them as the worst thing ever yet in GW2 they are respectful race you can play as and among the other races.
    JilynaAeander
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

DeadSpock said:

Dakeru said:

DeadSpock said:

-Shouldn't have gone f2p
    -Feels too solo

Also I mention before I bought GW2 day one release and yes I know Charr are playable I just don’t get it. I didn’t like they went f2p cause I payed full price and didn’t get anything when they gave for free what I payed that’s bad business on their part. I played ffxiv v1.0 payed for it when 2.0 came out I got legacy from SE meaning I pay about 8$ / month vs new 2.0 players which pay 15$ / month that’s how you do it Arena net screwed us over something they give for free I payed full price and least they should have offered expac half price the very least.
    Back on topic I played GW1 and Charr were very very hateful enemy so was the first gw book showing them as the worst thing ever yet in GW2 they are respectful race you can play as and among the other races.

I wouldn't call Charr in GW2 respectful either. I think "pragmatical" suits them best.
    MrMelGibsonJilyna

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Iselin said:
    Aeander said:
    time007 said:
    y tho
    I've been to Arby's exactly once. I still shudder at the thought of their rubbery-textured "roast beef." 
    Fast food roast beef? No thx... Give me some nice rare Boars Head roast beef from the deli and a crusty loaf of bread and I'm set
    itchmon
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Iselin said:
    Aeander said:
    time007 said:
    y tho
    I went there with a friend to try out their limited time "venison" sandwich. It had the appearance, taste, and texture of liver. Fucking gross.
    JeffSpicoli
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    I could do shots of arby's sauce tho.

Replace could do with have done
    JilynaMrMelGibson

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Aeander said:
    Iselin said:
    Aeander said:
    time007 said:
    y tho
    I went there with a friend to try out their limited time "venison" sandwich. It had the appearance, taste, and texture of liver. Fucking gross.
    I actually like Arbys, or maybe just like pouring a lot of Horsey Sauce on it which would make Spam (almost) taste good.

But a venison sandwich,  the idea is absolutely abhorrant and I don't think even Horsey Sauce could save it.

ThupliMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited September 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Aeander said:
    Iselin said:
    Aeander said:
    time007 said:
    y tho
    I actually like Arbys, or maybe just like pouring a lot of Horsey Sauce on it which would make Spam (almost) taste good.

But a venison sandwich,  the idea is absolutely abhorrant and I don't think even Horsey Sauce could save it.

maybe if the venison is cut very thing it could work out. In a world where spaghetti sandwich, and avocado and egg empanada exist, a venison sandwich is the last of my worries.

EDIT: but i've never tried venison, so maybe it has to do with its flavor not going well with bread? idk

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    As with any meat, there's several dozen ways to prep it. I've had true redneck made venison sausage and it was spicy and amazing in a biscuit! And on the other end of the spectrum, I once got dragged to a 5-star restaurant (for an uncomfortable family Thanksgiving) and they had venison INSTEAD of turkey. I figured "what the hell" and tried it... and it was totally delicious. In a completely different way though! However, I do find myself doubting that any mass-produced style sandwich from a fast food chain could recapture either of those moments.

That said, I'd totally try a charr sandwich.
    MrMelGibson
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47

DeadSpock said:

Dakeru said:

DeadSpock said:

-Shouldn't have gone f2p
    -Feels too solo

Also I mention before I bought GW2 day one release and yes I know Charr are playable I just don’t get it. I didn’t like they went f2p cause I payed full price and didn’t get anything when they gave for free what I payed that’s bad business on their part. I played ffxiv v1.0 payed for it when 2.0 came out I got legacy from SE meaning I pay about 8$ / month vs new 2.0 players which pay 15$ / month that’s how you do it Arena net screwed us over something they give for free I payed full price and least they should have offered expac half price the very least.
    Back on topic I played GW1 and Charr were very very hateful enemy so was the first gw book showing them as the worst thing ever yet in GW2 they are respectful race you can play as and among the other races.

To sum it up u cry about gw2 pricing and how anet screwed u up with first expansion but then u tell us how u love when u pay for game , pay for expansion and pay monthly fee , hmm rly interesting way of thinking.

About Charr - look around you and check history of the world u live in u know we had 2 World Wars so i don't see anything strange about Charr they were bad now they are ok u can easy find connection with World Wars for example.
    MrMelGibson

DeadSpock said:

that's fine. I have 2 Sylvary, 2 humans, 1 asura and like 10 Norns. I tried rolling charr a couple of times and ended up deleting them every time.

As for Arbys... never tried them before.
    That's fair. If you've tried them and been disappointed. I can understand that. My wife had the same experience. Then again she likes to be pretty in game lol. So usual won't play the beast races.
    DeadSpock said:

Dakeru said:

DeadSpock said:

-Shouldn't have gone f2p
    -Feels too solo

Also I mention before I bought GW2 day one release and yes I know Charr are playable I just don’t get it. I didn’t like they went f2p cause I payed full price and didn’t get anything when they gave for free what I payed that’s bad business on their part. I played ffxiv v1.0 payed for it when 2.0 came out I got legacy from SE meaning I pay about 8$ / month vs new 2.0 players which pay 15$ / month that’s how you do it Arena net screwed us over something they give for free I payed full price and least they should have offered expac half price the very least. Back on topic I played GW1 and Charr were very very hateful enemy so was the first gw book showing them as the worst thing ever yet in GW2 they are respectful race you can play as and among the other races.
    As Spock you should consider GW1 = Original Star Trek and GW2 = ST: Next Generation. Replace Charr with Klingons and no more concerns.
    Dakeru