Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Beta for Azeroth - Not Ready for Primetime - MMORPG.com

Comments

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Weird. Except for the missing honorbound rep thing, I haven't encountered a single one of these problems.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Zamuro said:
    they ruined 90% of the classes and specs with this expansion... yeah i like the expansion overall - story, zones, pve, items, etc but when u dont have any fun with ur completely ruined class u cant really enjoy the rest... it just feels not right
    Does Blizzard feel like they HAVE to change classes all the time to spice things up?  Do players even want that?

How about getting classes balanced and remove homgenization?  Then you just need to keep pumping out compelling content (PVE/PVP).
    Octagon7711
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Zamuro said:
    they ruined 90% of the classes and specs with this expansion... yeah i like the expansion overall - story, zones, pve, items, etc but when u dont have any fun with ur completely ruined class u cant really enjoy the rest... it just feels not right
    Does Blizzard feel like they HAVE to change classes all the time to spice things up?  Do players even want that?

How about getting classes balanced and remove homgenization?  Then you just need to keep pumping out compelling content (PVE/PVP).

LOL @ removing homogenization and WoW.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Zamuro said:

Ever since I can remember Blizzard has buffed and nerfed skills in cycles. Along with a lot of other games. It's one of the reasons I play a lot of alts.  So I can play the game with a buffed character.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited September 2018
    SBFord said:
    Utinni said:

laserit said:

Hmm

Finally had some shitty weather this weekend, so I got my priest to 110 ready to start BfA

Now you guys are all pissing on my parade ;) /jk

What's the deal with Shadow priests and Shamans? 

Shaman (all 3 specs) and shadow priest are both great right now. People who are complaining really don't understand how to play their class. They just look at a log and see they aren't the top dps and assume its bad without taking into account any of the other things the classes can do. Don't shy away from them because of the forum warriors out there.
    Even Blizzard via Ion Hazzikostas admitted that Shadow Priests and Shaman were in a bad spot but that they wouldn't have time to "fix them" until v8.1. 
    It's been almost two years (early Legion) since I last played. I just played through Legion to get from 100 to 110 with my shadow priest this last weekend and had great time, I felt Kick Ass. I've since logged into to my 107 warrior... and my feelings of shadow priest Kick Ass was very short lived.

For the Horde!

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited September 2018
    laserit said:
    SBFord said:
    Utinni said:

laserit said:

Hmm

Finally had some shitty weather this weekend, so I got my priest to 110 ready to start BfA

Now you guys are all pissing on my parade ;) /jk

What's the deal with Shadow priests and Shamans? 

Shaman (all 3 specs) and shadow priest are both great right now. People who are complaining really don't understand how to play their class. They just look at a log and see they aren't the top dps and assume its bad without taking into account any of the other things the classes can do. Don't shy away from them because of the forum warriors out there.
    Even Blizzard via Ion Hazzikostas admitted that Shadow Priests and Shaman were in a bad spot but that they wouldn't have time to "fix them" until v8.1. 
    It's been almost two years (early Legion) since I last played. I played through Legion to get from 100 to 110 with my shadow priest and had great time, I felt Kick Ass. I've since logged into to my 107 warrior... and my feelings of shadow priest Kick Ass was very short lived.

For the Horde!
    I was pleasantly surprised that, up until hitting 120 and being nerfed all to hell by BfA's progression system, my Marksmanship Hunter had some of the fastest TTK or any of my 4 post-100 toons.

I had the same feeling goin from my Ret Paladin (tough, sustained DPS) to the Marksman (bursty as hell).
    laserit

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    reillan said:
    Weird. Except for the missing honorbound rep thing, I haven't encountered a single one of these problems.
    Simply because you haven't run into them doesn't mean they're not there. Technically this expansion has been a mess.
    PhryThahar[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• PierrenardPierrenard Member UncommonPosts: 30
    when you are a casual player like i am and you buy the expantion to create a new race allies and you dont have the faction for it .....Yes some peoples have a life and need to work famely etc... so you cancel your subsciption sad,angry,desapointed
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    I have played BfA a ton and have only come across 1 bug. The game seems very polished to me. Maybe I am just lucky.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    I'm beginning to think I was overly optimistic about BfA being ready to play in 6 months. Looking more like 9 months or a year.

Glad I didn't buy the expansion. By that time it should be on sale.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Elidien said:

I was initially very excited about this expansion. The world, the story, the characters, it was all amazing. I enjoyed getting back to the "war" and feeling like it did even back in the 90s playing the RTS game. But my sub ends Friday and I am not renewing. I did not even make it to 120 and have no desire too.

Why?

With one decision, Blizzard really killed my interest in the game.....and that one decision is this - levels mean NOTHING. Levels now are just a cheap, pedestrian way to make you do something so you can get to the later content that is now gated behind a pointless experience.

You no longer get anything for leveling. No skills, no talents, no nothing. And after 110 of those, I am simply tired of it.

Blizzard needs some sort of alternate experience, veteran levels, or something else to make use feel like we are growing and increasing power in their world. Level 110 felt the same as level 112 and the same as 115.

I feel like WOW is now progression for progression's sake. And I am not sure how you fix that.

Same here. I gave BfA a go, since I pre-ordered, but already unsubbed again. Was bored within 2 weeks.
    There is no sense of progression anymore and the new Azerite armor is just such a huge joke!

It's like they removed all veteran developers from WoW, moved them to other projects and have a bunch of Junior devs working on the game now that have no clue what they are doing.
    when you are a casual player like i am and you buy the expantion to create a new race allies and you dont have the faction for it .....Yes some peoples have a life and need to work famely etc... so you cancel your subsciption sad,angry,desapointed
    That is another pet peeve of mine. Really wanted to try the new Void Elf, but I just don't have the stomach nor stamina anymore to grind many hours a day for weeks, just to unlock a stupid race!

This seems to be the best kind of content Blizzard can come up with these days. Hence, see my previous post.
    [Deleted User]
    edited September 2018
    So they hotfixed Warfronts to now require iLvL 320 to queue.  Alliance players are pissed, and I get it.  They've let us farm gear for our Horde toons in it for days.  My horde toon is now really close, but it'll be another 20 iLvls before my Alliance toon can queue.

You can't wait that long to change something like this, specifically when you've only allowed one faction to get their hands on it for days while the other faction never even got the chance to participate in it.  Blizzard's decision-making for this expansion......  I'm honestly kind of shocked at how bad it has been.

EDIT- they also ninja-nerfed M+ weekly cache drops but are acting like it was never intended.  They got called out by a partner fan site for allowing everyone to believe through beta that was how it was intended to work before hotfixing it now and acting like the system was never intended to give multiple items in a week (Azerite + regular armor drop).
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on
    SBFordFrodoFragins[Deleted User]Thahar

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited September 2018
    So they hotfixed Warfronts to now require iLvL 320 to queue.  Alliance players are pissed, and I get it.  They've let us farm gear for our Horde toons in it for days.  My horde toon is now really close, but it'll be another 20 iLvls before my Alliance toon can queue.

You can't wait that long to change something like this, specifically when you've only allowed one faction to get their hands on it for days while the other faction never even got the chance to participate in it.  Blizzard's decision-making for this expansion......  I'm honestly kind of shocked at how bad it has been.

EDIT- they also ninja-censor M+ weekly cache drops but are acting like it was never intended.  They got called out by a partner fan site for allowing everyone to believe through beta that was how it was intended to work before hotfixing it now and acting like the system was never intended to give multiple items in a week (Azerite + regular armor drop).
    Yep, I was reading this just now. It is the right decision, but one implemented too late. If I were an Ally, I'd be ticked too. Hotfixing it without any explanation or mea culpa is a terrible decision, the latest among far, far too many recently.

If Ion Hazzikostas makes it out of this expansion....even out of this year...as the WoW game director, I'll be amazed. The entire expansion has been a clusterf*k of mistakes, issues and abysmal communication.

2 weeks left on my sub and I'm not planning to renew.
    MadFrenchieFrodoFragins[Deleted User]ThaharlaseritJeroKanegervaise1[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Well it really doesn't matter what they do quite frankly, it's destroyed already.

1.  Hit level 120 in a matter of 3 days (and that wasn't even rushing... rushing got you to 120 in a matter of hours).

2.  Normal dungeons were obsolete before you even hit max level.   So queues are astronomical compared to heroic.

3.  Heroic dungeons were obsolete shortly thereafter... WQs offered better rewards almost immediately.  Queues were short before the loot piñata of warfronts... now they should skyrocket at there is no reason to do them anymore.

4.  Expeditions rewarded more Azerite than any dungeon run in a matter of a few minutes... assuming you could force yourself into doing a mind-numbing game of whack-a-mole endlessly.

5.  Handing out 340+ gear before even the raid finder first wing opened up pretty much killed the first tier raid for casuals.  They aren't going to run that thing for the remote possibility of a an item drop that they don't already have.

So yeah, Blizzcon will go a little something like this...

GREAT NEWS!  VANILLA WOW WILL RELEASE WITHIN 2 WEEKS!

If that doesn't happen, they won't stop the bleed of subs.  Casuals have no reason to play until the next tier comes out.
    PhryThaharJeroKane
    edited September 2018
    SBFord said:

EDIT- they also ninja-censor M+ weekly cache drops but are acting like it was never intended.  They got called out by a partner fan site for allowing everyone to believe through beta that was how it was intended to work before hotfixing it now and acting like the system was never intended to give multiple items in a week (Azerite + regular armor drop).
    Yep, I was reading this just now. It is the right decision, but one implemented too late. If I were an Ally, I'd be ticked too. Hotfixing it without any explanation or mea culpa is a terrible decision, the latest among far, far too many recently.

If Ion Hazzikostas makes it out of this expansion....even out of this year...as the WoW game director, I'll be amazed. The entire expansion has been a clusterf*k of mistakes, issues and abysmal communication.

It's disappointing due to how awesome the zones are.

I totally agree with your post, though.  I've experienced both sides in terms of zone questing, and the current endgame just isn't very appealing in this expansion.  Azerite traits were a swing and a miss imo.  I will give them credit for trying something different, but it just didn't translate into a compelling system.

EDIT- I think, in general, depending so heavily upon a proc system to balance class power was a poor idea.  It takes control away from the player, which is hardly ever received well.
    [Deleted User]ThaharlaseritJeroKane

• WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Maybe they've been stepping down on the resources they put into WoW and they underestimated the effects it would have on the current expac.
    SBFord[Deleted User]ThaharMadFrenchiedeniter
    We got clarification on Blizzard's decision to reduce weekly M+ caches, if anyone is interested in (the logic applied by Blizzard here is incredible):

https://out.reddit.com/t3_9f2fvu?url=https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1039649864718544901&token=AQAABHaZW8VMteBxQ8LJZLGRn34UbrUtvQlF5NuZYmg7STRZJHcN&app_name=mweb2x

For additional context and clarity: this change was made months ago, during the BfA Beta, in response to player feedback that a random chance for 1-3 items in the weekly M+ cache felt bad for players who only got 1 item. The cache has only rewarded one item since late June.

So, to be clear, the logical progression went: "Players disliked only getting one piece whenever they could get 2-3, so we changed it so now you ONLY EVER get 1 piece!"

The sentiment from many players (one I agree with) was that Blizzard should've, instead, gave each weekly chest one Azerite drop and one regular armor drop.  Since Azerite Armor doesn't have a chance to drop from M+ bosses, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one per week based on you M+ progression.
    [Deleted User]Thahar[Deleted User]FrodoFragins

We got clarification on Blizzard's decision to reduce weekly M+ caches, if anyone is interested in (the logic applied by Blizzard here is incredible):

https://out.reddit.com/t3_9f2fvu?url=https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1039649864718544901&token=AQAABHaZW8VMteBxQ8LJZLGRn34UbrUtvQlF5NuZYmg7STRZJHcN&app_name=mweb2x

For additional context and clarity: this change was made months ago, during the BfA Beta, in response to player feedback that a random chance for 1-3 items in the weekly M+ cache felt bad for players who only got 1 item. The cache has only rewarded one item since late June.

So, to be clear, the logical progression went: "Players disliked only getting one piece whenever they could get 2-3, so we changed it so now you ONLY EVER get 1 piece!"

The sentiment from many players (one I agree with) was that Blizzard should've, instead, gave each weekly chest one Azerite drop and one regular armor drop.  Since Azerite Armor doesn't have a chance to drop from M+ bosses, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one per week based on you M+ progression.
    That is hilariously bad reasoning from Blizzard developers.  "Before, only some players were disappointed, so we felt we needed to insure that all players would be equally disappointed."
    Yea.  The contrast between the world building/quest design and the itemization/progression designs has been interesting to watch unfold.  It's crazy how a team can do so well in certain areas while simultaneously making bonehead move after bonehead move in others.
    Thahar[Deleted User]

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2018
    Lol this azerite system.....gg blizzard: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769156796?page=6

So multiple people have been doing several tests ever since a rumor that the HoA levels scale up your requirements on the exact same piece of gear. So for instance, one person ran the same Mythic before and after, ending up getting the same azerite piece (since this week is extra loot from mythic dungeons)  getting higher requirements on the piece after the reset. I guess this is what blizzard meant when they kept saying dont try to grind your HoA levels. Its honestly making me a little sick that some of these MVPs just hop in hoping to shut down most negativity about this broken expansion and then get instantly shut down by multiple links by multiple people who seem to have done more testing on system's numbers than blizzard. Are the right people getting paid I wonder.

All this stupid time gating is just ridiculous at this point to and it just showing how desperate blizzard is with wow. You can't ask for a rep system like MoP in BFA/Legion because it 'would make things progress too fast" even though crafting tiers are locked behind rep just like how some crafting recipes were locked behind rep in MoP. It was more tolerable in MoP because if you hit revered with a faction, then you could buy an account-wide x2 rep booster. I mean right now in wow, its even worse than Legion's system which allowed you to at least trade those tokens if you hit exalted. Then you have them using the heart of azeroth similar to how your third relic slot was locked behind the campaign in Legion at the start. The only 'good' thing about your HoA ilvl not mattering so much even though the secondaries are supposed to cover 4 slots of gear (since azerite pieces dont have secondaries) is the secondary stat nerf this expansion (which blizzard again didn't properly test even though some testers were running numbers non-stop since alpha and saying how screwed dot classes would be in the long run).

I mean Ion seems like a nice enough guy, but something hasn't felt like since legion about this whole team tbh. I mean, before Legion started, they admitted that the artifact system was going to be dead before the next expansion and most people took that as the whole 'legendary' cycle thing, with one of the devs trying to relate this to you 'forgetting' your garrison (which can still make a good chunk of coin through legion medallions) or your farm in MoP. The problem with logic is how much of each spec's gameplay they tied to that system while also cutting other system and core class abilities/passives to make it work. Legion was 'great' because you lost the glyph system and half of your passives just to get them back in a different form through the combination of your artifact and the multiple legendaries. Then both of those systems go up in smoke at the end of Legion leaving us with this thing called the azerite system. Of course some people will say its too soon to tell and maybe they are right, but going back to the very start of my comment, it wont matter how good a system is if we have to keep grinding for stuff we immediately lose just because we get a higher ilvl piece of gear.
    hallucigenocideJeroKaneThahar
    edited September 2018
    SBFord said:

I am impressed you manage to endure this long.

Like I said earlier, the more that is happening now around WoW, the more I honestly start to believe that they are using WoW now as some kind of training ground for Junior developers. There is pretty much not a single veteran in that team anymore. I don't believe it. Impossible seeing what is happening.

The amount of amateurism and major mistakes made with this expansion is honestly shocking!

Worst of all is, that they made such huge design mistakes in this expansion, that it's now impossible to fix anymore until the next expansion hits.

So this whole expansion is pretty much a total loss! It's pretty much a given that subscription numbers are going to hit an all time low before the end of the year and stay there till the next expansion. That is, if people still can be bothered to come back after this royal f'ck up!

Like has been said many times over the years. No other game can kill off WoW, only WoW itself.
    It's seems they finally managed to pull that off. :(

I can't believe this would ever happen to a Blizzard game.
    Post edited by JeroKane on
    SBFordViper482Thahar
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Was great for about a week or two. It was probably a year before I felt like this with Legion but man am I bored. BfA has got to be the least rewarding version of an MMO I have ever played. I literally feel like I accomplish nothing after getting about ilvl 334. Unless you are hardcore into grinding Mythic+ this MMO will leave you wanting. The Warfront debacle is absurd, Alliance still has not been able to access this featured content, worst design ever. Island expeditions are something you have to do rather than want to do, they aren't fun....but good luck leveling your artifact neck without them.

I don't know what Blizzard is thinking. It is almost as though they try and find crap activities to make you do so you can't have fun doing what you want to do. All in the name of keeping your sub for one more month. They will need to pump some life into this expansion quick.
    SBFordJeroKaneThahar
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I like tanking and always play tank classes. I don't mind taking a while longer to kill things as my health hardly moves. Healing, no way in hell!

I'm still struggling to get Draenor Pathfinder for my alts.....I finally broke down and bought a bunch of Medallions of Legion off the AH just to finish it.

Pathfinders since, seem like they've been improved. I understand having the concept/lore of having get to Exalted with a certain people to open a particular class to play, I guess. For the 'right' to be me, you have to earn it and show that you'll be a good example of 'me'.

I wish they would decrease the amount of XP for things, because I barely get through one zone and I'm already at level cap. It kind of takes the shine off of leveling when you're not improving a character or making them better...so I don't like the no new skills.

Azerite armor seems like a crappier system with the RNG secondary stats/buffs, and they don't feel/look as epic or cool as the legendary weapons.

I liked the class hall stuff, and unlocking class-specific mounts. I wish they'd blow that class system out and improve on it, kind of like SWTOR's class stories. I'd like to know and feel why it matters if I'm a DK or Warrior or DH...

If they're going to use the same types of treadmills, at least make them figure 8's or add interesting backgrounds to look at while we're all running in place...ha

Gut Out!
    MadFrenchie

What, me worry?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    JeroKane said:
    SBFord said:

There is pretty much not a single veteran in that team anymore.

How do you know that?

I mean there has to be some in the lead design roles, but it's not the shiniest or most prestigious project to work on so a lot of senior devs will want to work on what's coming next rather than another WOW expansion.

The issue I have with some devs is that they want to put their stamp on things and end up trying "fix" what's broken or should be a low priority.  Their top priorities would have always been ensuring that all specs are fun and viable and that there is always content pushed out when it's needed.  Once they master that, then they can look into adding other systems or maybe tweaking classes.

If it's true that they are low on senior devs or at least good ones, then maybe the suits will force some back onto the team to right the ship as it is still a moneymaker and shouldn't be receiving such a bad reception.