Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In search of who likes Easy ?

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited September 2018
    ikcin said:
    lahnmir said:
    I know I am never going to get a 'you win' response from you but this post will suffice, this is just you throwing the towel in the ring, which is great, thank you.
    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    For "win" you should play a real MMO instead to write in the forums. We are debating about games, this is not a PvP, are we?

Aww don't be like that, you've been searching for conflict all the time, trying to win. Which you didn't so you rolled over, saying I was wrong by default which is pretty much the equivalent of 'I have no arguments left so I give up, please go gentle on me.'

Fortunately I have a lot of real MMOs left to play. You might confuse them with MOBAs, soccer matches, ARPGs and single player games however, thats not my fault though.

But I recognize an 'I surrender' when I see one and yours was as clear as day. So, a thank you is in order. Thank you!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    UngoodcheyaneAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    ikcin said:
    The need is attached in MMORPGs as a matter of contrivance, to encourage group play, and such used to be much more prevalent than it is today.

So, not so moronic really, as at one time it was par for the course, and a good number of people feel we'd be better off if MMORPGs trended back to that.
    What I mean is, when you go into a game, you agree with the rules. What means forced? Every game has rules - so there is not such a thing as not forced. Are the instanced dungeons in WoW forced grouping? So let make them solo, why not? Are the fractals in GW2 or the WvWvW forced grouping? Why not solo? At the same time many of the quests are solo - are they forced solo? When you enter into a game you just agree with the rules to play.

But then comes the moment, if every player can completely to ignore the other players, how that game is multiplayer? You want help - I ignore you. You are angry, but you cannot do anything. Then I want help - you ignore me. So when the multiplayer part starts?  Obviously when it is forced into some instance - a different game with different rules actually - every instance is such. But as the players do not make links in the bigger game, they can play ignorant in the smaller too - with random parties, everyone could be a troll or moron. And that leads to bad social environment in the game. And why we play MMOs?
    When I go into a game I do agree with the rules.

There is nothing in the rules of MMORPGs that require me to do content that needs a group or to group in content that doesn't.

There are many opportunities provided for group play, but no obligations.

It is multiplayer from the onset because it has concurrent multiple players. Nothing about that requires that the players get along or even interact directly or along with each other, unless that is the only type of activity the game allows, such as in team based shooters and the like.

MMORPGs offer a wealth of different activities meant to appeal to a wide variety of players, such that one need not interact with others if they prefer.

Since they can be played different ways people come to MMORPGs for a variety of reasons. They are not obligated to have playing with others among them.

Why, then, do those that prefer to play solo opt to play MMORPGs?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do it because I want to and can. Aside from that, if there is something I don't want to do in a game, such as crafting, I can rely on a plethora of others to do it for me so that I simply need purchase what I want rather than go through the bother.

The reason I like MMO's, even if I play solo often, is that I like that feel of being in a world with real people around me. NPCs can't do more than they are programmed, and they only affect the game world and "life around me" according to their programming and design. I like having a world affected by the masses, as well as all the interactions with real people.
    That's why I prefer games with small power gaps too, as it enhances that "worldly" feeling to something that feels realistic (even in a make believe world).
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]

Once upon a time....

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited September 2018
    ikcin said:
    lahnmir said:

Аww don't be like that, you've been searching for conflict all the time, trying to win. Which you didn't so you rolled over, saying I was wrong by default which is pretty much the equivalent of 'I have no arguments left so I give up, please go gentle on me.'

Fortunately I have a lot of real MMOs left to play. You might confuse them with MOBAs, soccer matches, ARPGs and single player games however, thats not my fault though.

But I recognize an 'I surrender' when I see one and yours was as clear as day. So, a thank you is in order. Thank you!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Dude, it is about the games. I really do not care about you, to search for a conflict. I'm joking that you are wrong - I simply do not care. As you do not talk about the games, your opinion does not matter. You are no one to me. Completely insignificant person, as I do not know you, and you are often out of the topic. I do not care about you, and I do not need to.

As for the games - it is pretty obvious - solo players like it easy, as they want solo grind, safe RP and solo progression. The other players like the challenge, as they want to compete. That is why every solo focused MMO is easy game.
    But I talk about MMORPGs all the time, that you don't want them to be MMOs is on you, not me. I am on topic, it is you throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it hoping it will stick.

But considering how you dislike "making it personal" I am very surprised by the content of your post, no need to go hostile now is there? Unless you're out to win, then I fully inderstand the frustration of not being able to do so.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543
    I do like easy. Game where (horrible dictu!) I know where to go - hard to miss that yellow-coloured territory to hunt 10 Pink Rats - and even when I point cursor, it shows this Rat is for quest/deed and this is for nothing or just starts quest.
    I do like it when I can come and conquer: I went, stomped some half-troll-half-bat into ground, looted and sold loot, gained xp.
    There could be challenge content like dungeons that drop best armour in the game. No chance to buy, craft: only kill Dwarf-lizard Tyrant in 24 person raid to get a chance for Tyrant's Shield (best one ever). Or imagine territory inhabited by tough easy-aggroed monsters: how unlucky that top-tier crafting resources are there only.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited September 2018
    You might as well ask "in search of who likes gaming"? Easy mode is so ingrained now that when something like Darks Souls comes out it is a revelation. That game shows there are fans for harder games, but why did it not start a revolution?

You become what you play, much as you are what you eat. We are all easymode players now, there is no escaping it, much as I rail against it.
    AlBQuirky
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited September 2018
    Talking about 'easy' when I started back up from scratch on P99 I was very surprised to be so well informed and not that intimidated as I felt years ago when I played in 1999. I expected more fear although there was some when I was making a run to Highhold Pass but nothing like how I felt years ago.

I doubt any of us can roll back time on how much more savvy we have gotten. Things will definitely be much easier any time you play a type of game in comparison to how it was when we first played. Even PvP is like that because people learn to be with others and take skills that help one succeed. Everything is indeed much easier but lacking complete challenge isn't a given. There is still some challenge in engaging bosses in FFXIV for instance in these more difficult Coil raids. Many people have completely failed at them and that is considered difficult and challenging and once you manage to do some of them feel some satisfaction.

Ease is relative I think to each person and does not have a fixed value.
    AlBQuirky

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    For me it comes down to risk/reward and challenge , only 2 MMOs deliver this for me thats UO and Eve, the rest, at the end of the day may have some nice parts , but are a walk in the park as there is 0 risk/reward
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    ikcin said:
    lahnmir said:
    I know I am never going to get a 'you win' response from you but this post will suffice, this is just you throwing the towel in the ring, which is great, thank you.
    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    For "win" you should play a real MMO instead to write in the forums. We are debating about games, this is not a PvP, are we?

When I go into a game I do agree with the rules.

There is nothing in the rules of MMORPGs that require me to do content that needs a group or to group in content that doesn't.
    Every game has different rules. So there are games where the group is a rule. Anyway. There is an important moment - need. Why people go in group? Because there is need implemented into the game, or because they have personal need. In  the second case the multiplayer experience is not actually part of the game. You can play solo even in party if you want. But if there is need implemented into the game, you will be punished for such attitude by the game.
    I don't know of any MMORPG these days that require grouping other than content specifically designed for groups generally found at end game, and even then there is no requirement for players to do that content.

As such there is no genuine need involved. Any "need" expressed about such content is actually a matter of want, and any force claimed is in fact a matter of choice.

It is the same with personal "need", which is generally actually a matter of personal preference, outside of food and water, and shelter and clothing in hostile environments.

Multiplayer is a function of the game in the context of MMORPGs, not of the way anyone chooses to play it. That I play MMORPGS solo frequently doesn't in any way affect the multiplayer functionality inherent to them or make others playing together somehow cease to be.

The only way to make need inherent to a game is to design the content in such a way that players must work together to succeed while at the same time ensuring players can't work the system so that they can solo it anyway. Appealing, in theory, to some, but incontestably niche in appeal to players and thus also revenue seekers.
    ikcin said:

As for the games - it is pretty obvious - solo players like it easy, as they want solo grind, safe RP and solo progression. The other players like the challenge, as they want to compete. That is why every solo focused MMO is easy game.
    Solo players like to able to function as independently as possible. Whether they wish to do so with ease or with challenge depends on the individual player.

You speak as though solo players have no choice in what content they wish to face, and how they wish to face it.  Since they aren't reliant on others and others are not relying on them, they are free to approach game content on whatever terms they prefer without having to consider how their choices impact on the others around them.

They can avoid challenge at their whim, to be sure. They can also escalate it. They have a much better ability to drive their own play experience than if they had to carpool with others through it.
    Scot said:
    You might as well ask "in search of who likes gaming"? Easy mode is so ingrained now that when something like Darks Souls comes out it is a revelation. That game shows there are fans for harder games, but why did it not start a revolution?

Revolution requires the masses. Perhaps Dark Souls lacked mass appeal.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Easy, Hard, you can have both of those things in the same game if it has enough variety in terms of gameplay, rather than worry about how difficult a game is, i am more concerned with how fun it is to play. I think thats the main factor, games can be easy and fun they can also be easy and boring, the same applies to games with complicated or challenging mechanics, unless players are having fun it really doesn't matter how difficult or not a game is, making it fun is always the dominant factor and likely easiest one to get wrong, probably the reason why so many games that looked good on paper, failed to catch players :/
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    ikcin said:
    You may call it MMO, but is is not. You may call it challenging, but it is not.
    Sure it is, you're just wrong.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Ungood said:
    ikcin said:
    You may call it MMO, but is is not. You may call it challenging, but it is not.
    Sure it is, you're just wrong.
    As they say ''you're not the boss of me" . Exactly he does not get to decide what is easy or not easy or what is challenging  or what is an MMO for us. He can bray like a donkey for all this thread and it does not make it right.

I love it as he must hate his impotence seeing what a bully he is to be unable to affect any of us in any way. 
    [Deleted User]UngoodKyleran

edited September 2018
    People who suggest that games they don't even play are easy, and who never actually completed the hardest actual content of said games, are not worth your time and only deserve to be ignored.

Leave them be kings on their imaginary thrones...

... and just enjoy your games... life is short ;)

Mmm  , now i would agree that anyone saying a game is hard or easy that has never played it would be ignorant at best ...

But ill also add that what you are with the rest of that statement is also ignorant at best ..

We all know that less than 1% of a games Pop complete the hardest content in any said game ...

So what you are saying is that 99% of any said games pop cannot have an opinion on that games difficulty wether hard or easy , because they did NOT complete...................................................."the Hardest actual content of said game"

So basically with that statement you are saying that less than 1% of any given game has the clout to declare a game Hard or Easy ..
    Scorchien said:
    People who suggest that games they don't even play are easy, and who never actually completed the hardest actual content of said games, are not worth your time and only deserve to be ignored.

Mmm  , now i would agree that anyone saying a game is hard or easy that has never played it would be ignorant at best ...

But ill also add that what you are with the rest of that statement is also ignorant at best ..

We all know that less than 1% of a games Pop complete the hardest content in any said game ...

So what you are saying is that 99% of any said games pop cannot have an opinion on that games difficulty wether hard or easy , because they did NOT complete...................................................."the Hardest actual content of said game"

So basically with that statement you are saying that less than 1% of any given game has the clout to declare a game Hard or Easy ..

No.

What he saying is. If you can't complete the hardest content in the game, you have no place to say the game is Too Easy.

However, if you get brutalized at the starting zone, it's well within your right to say the game is Too Hard.
    [Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited September 2018
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

No.

What he saying is. If you can't complete the hardest content in the game, you have no place to say the game is Too Easy.

However, if you get brutalized at the starting zone, it's well within your right to say the game is Too Hard.
    No .. you cant have that both ways ...

So also with that statement if you cruise the starter area unscathed , you cannot say its to easy ..lmao .. You can only have that opinion if its to hard .. lol .. wow agenda

you cannot delegate the voice of a games difficulty to the less than 1% that completes end game raids ..

Every players experience is relative to them , if a game feels to easy to Them , there is nothing wrong with that , the only people that actually get upset by this is usually the biggest fanbois of said game ...
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

No.

So also with that statement if you cruise the starter area unscathed , you cannot say its to easy ..lmao .. You can only have that opinion if its to hard .. lol .. wow agenda
    Yes.. Absolutely I can have it that way. In fact that is the ONLY way it can be done.

Because.. get this.. if you can't do the Game's Supposedly Easy content.. then Ba-dum-Tish.. it's too fucking Hard.

But if you can't do the Supposedly Hard content.. it can't be Too Easy.

No, you don;'t get to say the easy stuff was easy and thus the whole game is easy, NO, NO, NO,  Bad Gamer, if the easy stuff is easy and the hard stuff is hard, the game is On Point

edited September 2018
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

No.

Yes.. Absolutely I can have it that way. In fact that is the ONLY way it can be done.

Because.. get this.. if you can't do the Game's Supposedly Easy content.. then Ba-dum-Tish.. it's too fucking Hard.

No, you don;'t get to say the easy stuff was easy and thus the whole game is easy, NO, NO, NO,  Bad Gamer, if the easy stuff is easy and the hard stuff is hard, the game is On Point
    Once again only 1% of players get to that content , so you are sayin that 99% of a games pop again has no say ..

You cannot judge a games difficulty  on 1% .. Most players dont expereince that content and they have every right to say wether the game was easy or hard having completed the other 99% of the game ..

And plz tell me the game that players cant complete the starting zone and are allowed to say the Game is to hard .. Which game had this terrifying Starter zone that struck fear into the hearts of gamers ..

Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

No.

Once again only 1% of players get to that content , so you are sayin that 99% of a games pop again has no say ..

You cannot judge a games difficulty  on 1% .. Most players dont expereince that content and they have every right to say wether the game was easy or hard having completed the other 99% of the game ..

And plz tell me the game that players cant complete the starting zone and are allowed to say the Game is to hard .. Which game had this terrifying Starter zone that struck fear into the hearts of gamers ..

No, if they can't do the hardest content, they are in no place to say the game is too easy.

This is not hard to grasp.

Again.. IF you can't do the hardest content in the game, then obviously the game is not Too Easy for you.

One would think this was a pretty easy concept to grasp, but.. apparently it's too hard.

LOL.
    [Deleted User]

edited September 2018
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

No.

No, if they can't do the hardest content, they are in no place to say the game is too easy.

Again.. IF you can't do the hardest content in the game, then obviously the game is not Too Easy for you.

One would think this was a pretty easy concept to grasp, but.. apparently it's too hard.

LOL.
    Its foolish at best ..

So what you are saying is that if someone plays Wow and does all the content except  complete Mythical , They cannot have an opinion that there experience was Easy , So here we are again where 99% of the players cannot possibly have a valid opinion on Wows difficulty by your standard .. LMFAO

So as long as everyone understands 99% of all the players to ever play Wow can not have a valid opinion on its difficulty .. Because they did not complete all Myth runs ..

Now if ya wanna say they cant have an Opinion on Myth runs , (ill buy that) as they did not do them , But many players have an easy experience with Wow for ex .. up to that point . For many the Hardest thing about Myhticals is time and Groups .. And thats the only thing stopping them from trying ..

but you cant sit here and say a Wow player who lvls 1- 120 does regular and all Heroics and challenges , and does not have the time to do Myths and his opinon of the game is it was easy is not valid .. Because there is 1% of content he did not complete .. Cmon man really ..
    edited September 2018
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

No.

LOL.
    Precisely.

A game is an entity. It has easy, medium, harder and very hard content. If the hardest content is easy for you (or your group) and you've completed is without hassle, then yes, you have the right to say the game is too easy for you. Otherwise, you're just full of it (and of yourself) and what you say has no real meaning, doesn't make sense, and completely invalidates anything you've said about that game's difficulty.

We got it ...

99% of all Wow players do not have valid opinions of there experience on its difficulty .... lol
    Post edited by Scorchien on
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    edited September 2018
    Oh they have a valid opinion of their experience. Their experience is not reflective of the entire game though. So they don't have a valid opinion about the entire game only their experiences. 

They could only say the part said they tried were too easy. Those parts may have been designed to be easy. 

If someone doesn't try the hard parts but says the game is too easy that is not a valid opinion of the entire game.

It maybe true that the majority of the game is easy. I can't comment on that as I haven't tried the majority.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    edited September 2018
    Oh they have a valid opinion of their experience. Their experience is not reflective of the entire game though. So they don't have a valid opinion about the entire game only their experiences. 
    And i said as much , i get that that the player cant have an opinion on Myth Runs , because they did not do it , But thye sure as hell can have a valid opinion on the game ..

Afterall we all know that for the most part in all of these games 1% +/- complete that content , and this applies to every game , So you cant tell99% of all MMO game pops that there opinions on its difficulty are invalid , because they did not complete that 1% of content ...

So , what that would be is that noone on this site can have a valid Opinion on a games difficulty unless they post a SS of BiS .. DO we see how ridiculous that is ..

So as long as we all know that Noone on this site can now post an Opinion on  a games Difficulty without a BiS SS..

And when you say entire game you are literally making that less than 1% of the games content is the only way a player can gauge difficulty, Because that is exactly what end game raiding is ...............less than 1% of any games content
    edited September 2018
    Didn't you know? If you didn't go to the Empire State Building, you can't have an opinion on NY. That is so obvious. /sigh

Some people just like to go full retard.
      ya know its like saying to one of your buddies..

" hey wanna go Bowling ?"

" Nahh i Bowled alot , its easy i average 292"

"You ever Bowl a Perfect Game "

"Nahh"

" Well , if you didnt Bowl a Perfect game you cant say its Easy "
    Didn't you know? If you didn't go to the Empire State Building, you can't have an opinion on NY. That is so obvious. /sigh

Some people just like to go full retard.

edit: Who the fuck care if the elevator is broken( which makes it mythic )... it is just one building. 
    I've never been to Greece, but let me saddle you with my feelings about the whole country that I came about from just looking at pictures and reading meme's. Why should I need to go and do something to have an opinion of it?
    [Deleted User]