Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone still play Sim City 4?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
To me, its still the best city builder out there. And when mods are added, it makes it more amazing. I know there is Cities Skylines, but traffic AI ruins it for me (where the AI wont use all lanes of a freeway and only the right or left lane is used, but barely to not at all of the middle lanes). 

But for sim city 4, the mods make it really amazing. With it modded, nothing beats it after all these years. Its really passed the test of time.

Anyone else still play it sometimes?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2018
    I got it on GOG the other day on sale, it goes really cheap a lot of the times
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    edited September 2018
    Hi

I've got the straight edge.

• nupalauknupalauk Member CommonPosts: 7
    Hello!

I have never played SIMS4. Is it worth playing? :)

Thanks!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    nupalauk said:
    Hello!

Thanks!
    It is a good game, I don't know which is the best one of the series, it seems even the Scavenger has good taste. :)
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I do.  There is a competition, statewide and nationally which challenges students to build cities of the future.  One part of the competition for overall score uses Sim City 4 as part of the competition.  Our students are entered in the competition.  
    Scot
  • erichoffmanerichoffman Member UncommonPosts: 11
    A very high-quality life simulator. Here is the editor of roads and infrastructure, everything your heart desires. After all, you decide how to build a house, a skyscraper or a fire station.
    All you need to know is that money runs out very quickly! 
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    markost22 said:
    So I know it's an old game but I still want to give my opinion because this game is for me THE BEST management game of all time, everything is there, it is complex, and hard enough to master and That's what I like, it may be old but it will remain timeless.
    Cities Skylines are 10x better.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I agree, Skylines is just better, but the DLCs will set you back a bit and there are limits on what Skylines is capable of.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I loved SimCity back in the day.I got into the recent Skylines like everyone else but i got bored rather quick,like within a week.
    I feel the genre lacks one thing that would really bring it to life,a zoom in walk down the street view.
    I am thinking sort of like what Rockstar does with their GTA games.See i look at a GTA game then i look at Sim City or Skylines and i think one is not nearly the same value as the other,so imo these city builders SHOULD step it up by a LOT.
    Octagon7711

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I loved original Sim City. But over the years the game got harder and harder with each new iteration, to the point I eventually felt like I was taking a class in civil engineering rather than playing a game. But I'm sure many people enjoy it.
    Mendel

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Amathe said:
    I loved original Sim City. But over the years the game got harder and harder with each new iteration, to the point I eventually felt like I was taking a class in civil engineering rather than playing a game. But I'm sure many people enjoy it.
    I find the games very hard , I think I am not equipped to plan . Lousy planner :p  I will probably kill everyone very fast in my city.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    I own it, and after reading this thread I may load it up.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• JohnMarvinJohnMarvin Member CommonPosts: 1
    nupalauk said:
    Hello!

Thanks!
    I think so, if you like life simulations. It is best of the kind.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    nupalauk said:
    Hello!

Thanks!
    I think so, if you like life simulations. It is best of the kind.
    Yep SIMS are one of a kind. game
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I remember playing Sim City 3000 Unlimited for years. I built a huge city and loved it so much. Learning real life city planning was so fun. Never got into the later ones because i heard they got to easy.
  • spacebeeeeespacebeeeee Member CommonPosts: 3
    I'm still playng om sims 4 even on my smartphone, I hope sometime developers will add online to this game
    I've change my phone and cant download the game from play market, can someone shere with me apk file
    already found, if someone need, here I takr take an apk
    http://simcity-buildit.uptrivial.com/en/us/android/