Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new challenger has appeared!

2»

Comments

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    edited September 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    HOLY SHIT this bastard ranting at me and Erillion here just filled our DM box with freaking gore photos! this is not even the first time, talk about an axe to grind ffs!

So how do you know he filled the rabbits inbox too. Bunny Boi tell ya that from across the cubicle? lol...
    BeansnBreadMrMelGibsonMaxBaconrpmcmurphyPhaserlight
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I wonder if MaxBacon gets notification alerts anytime SC is mentioned here, kind of how Kano does when anything Trion appears lol.

I just don't get why he is always in damage control the second something is said about SC that isn't flattering. The only thing I can think of is he either works for CIG or has spent an embarrassing amount of money on the game.  Inc, "I only spent the bare minimal, but am in the alpha and other closed testing" lol. 
    MaxBaconFrodoFragins
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited September 2018

You can tell CitizenCon is near. Goon despair is peaking lol

Every year they mention some technical challenge that will be impossible for CIG to solve only to be solved lol

Back in 2014 CIG wouldn't be able to make large enough maps for a space game....

In 2015 they couldn't possibly make seamless integration of dogfighting, fps, eva, physics grids or multicrew...

In 2016 Star Marine was impossible because the networking couldn't handle it, they even said that the Gamescom live gameplay planetary demo was a pre-rendered cutscene (lmao)...

2017 seamless planetary landings also impossible, it was a external loaded map they said... (lmao)

These haters like to pretend they have technical skill and knowledge about complex stuff but cant even change wording or modus operandi lol

90 days top in full swing boys! B)

Erillioncielyrpmcmurphy
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited September 2018
    Babuinix said:

You can tell CitizenCon is near. Goon despair is peaking lol

Every year they mention some technical challenge that will be impossible for CIG to solve only to be solved lol

Back in 2014 CIG wouldn't be able to make large enough maps for a space game....

In 2015 they couldn't possibly make seamless integration of dogfighting, fps, eva, physics grids or multicrew...

In 2016 Star Marine was impossible because the networking couldn't handle it, they even said that the Gamescom live gameplay planetary demo was a pre-rendered cutscene (lmao)...

2017 seamless planetary landings also impossible, it was a external loaded map they said... (lmao)

These haters like to pretend they have technical skill and knowledge about complex stuff but cant even change wording or modus operandi lol

90 days top in full swing boys! B)

The one challenge they seem unable to resolve year in and year out is a solid release date for either game in development.

No matter what the argument, there's always this hole card. It's almost like cheating.

B)
    MendelMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    WalkinGlenn said:
    So how do you know he filled the rabbits inbox too. Bunny Boi tell ya that from across the cubicle? lol...
    It's rather funny your first assumption is that and not that on this site you can add multiple users per DM. lol

I wonder if MaxBacon gets notification alerts anytime SC is mentioned here
    Wrong.

I just don't get why he is always in damage control the second something is said about SC that isn't flattering. 
    The fans are here because the haters are here, and vice-versa.

he either works for CIG 
    Wrong.

MrMelGibson said:
    has spent an embarrassing amount of money on the game.  Inc, "I only spent the bare minimal, but am in the alpha and other closed testing" lol. 
    Wrong.... and right
    rpmcmurphyMrMelGibson
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DS's "90 days, tops" gambit would work in any crowdfunded MMO, provided that it succeeds in creating sufficient panic amongst the backers.

All crowdfunded MMO's rely on continuous funding to complete the project. Scare away enough backers, and the project stalls and dies...

It's just a variation on the "run on the bank" scenario.
    MaxBaconBabuinix
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Kyleran said:
    The one challenge they seem unable to resolve year in and year out is a solid release date for either game in development.

No matter what the argument, there's always this hole card. It's almost like cheating.

B)

Babuinix said:
    The more the game is developed and the fundamental tech is worked on the easier it is to access an ETA.

You guys ever wondered why we don't know the release date of Cyberpunk 2077?
    Seemed to be about done wasn't it?

CDProjekt Red is a studio running for 24 years and have just made Witcher1,2,3 for years straight, why can't they tell us a release date now?

How about Ubisoft's Beyond Good & Evil 2? It's only been in the works since 2008, what's the release date? Ubisoft been running for 30+ years, and have released 100+ titles, why can't they tell us the release date?

How about Starfield? Bethesdas Sci-Fi RPG, it's only been in the works for 10 years now! I mean Bethesdas been going for 30+ years and has more than 100 titles under it's belt why no release date?

Don't be frustrated by your own ignorance, not worth it.  B)

ciely
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LOL still running to Cyberpunk. I would almost guarantee that game will release by next year. As in 7-9 months from now. They dont need to show anything to get people excited i.e. throw money at them. That company actually makes and not only makes but RELEASES games for people to buy. They make their money with retail sales not phantom gameplay videos jpegs or 'information' subs.

And Bethesda LMAO they have maybe the second most popular MMO going right now in a genre thats in their wheel house. A game I hated on pretty hard during testing and didnt even buy until over a year after its release. But they did what they needed and actually made the game better and more populated after the first month after release, something not many (none these days) companies can do. Not to mention the new Fallout game. If anything i think they are completely trolling Chris Roberts because there wasnt a single rumor or hint of anything like this from ANYONE anywhere and suddenly two months ago (other than another obvious troll a couple years ago on 4Chan)they come out with all sorts of videos and announcements? And they also claim its been 'secretly' in development for years. Sort of like how Roberts was secretly using Lumberyard engine for over a year. 

But like prokekt red bethesda isnt going to release an 'official' trailer (troll or not) unless something releasable  is close at hand, as in less than 2 years away and generally less than a year.

As far as all the 'tech' being impossible talk. HUUUUUUUUGE difference between what they have now and what they will need if they ever do release this mess. People already cant play it because systems bog down, bottleneck or outright CTD. Go watch one of the half dozen paid streamers who are showcasing this techdemo on Twitch. None of them actually 'play' the game, because they cant. Best youre going to see is them with a few of their subs or followers doing random 'hang out' scenes or playing hide and seek. Once in awhile they might do a dog fight instance or something but most have done those till their eyes bleed. But even when they do those remedial things they all crash at least 3 times a stream from something. One day I had one on in the back ground and the guy crashed about 10 times in just under 3 hours. Mostly because he was trying something different and had to tax the environment a little bit. And these are guys with rigs better than 99% of the people playing PC games right now. And a few of them actually bought buy CiG (more than likely with backer money) built specifically to play SC tech demo in the first place.

These two games are a catch-22 for Roberts on one hand they can tide people over for the next little bit while he continues to milk and delay whatever he has going so depending on timing and updates that could buy him another 3 years. Other side of that is if theyre obviously better graphically and in playability and everything else its going to dampen the SC being the best at everything card.

Regardless there will still be the hardcores who are blinded who wont care or will pretend to not care and continue to put SC and Roberts up on some pedestal no matter how long it takes or how much its starts to suffer by comparison or how much money they are able to spend on it.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Babuinix said:
    The more the game is developed and the fundamental tech is worked on the easier it is to access an ETA.

CDProjekt Red is a studio running for 24 years and have just made Witcher1,2,3 for years straight, why can't they tell us a release date now?

How about Ubisoft's Beyond Good & Evil 2? It's only been in the works since 2008, what's the release date? Ubisoft been running for 30+ years, and have released 100+ titles, why can't they tell us the release date?

How about Starfield? Bethesdas Sci-Fi RPG, it's only been in the works for 10 years now! I mean Bethesdas been going for 30+ years and has more than 100 titles under it's belt why no release date?

Cyberpunk 2077, cd project red came out and said they didn't like what they had so they went back to pre-production and made two great dlc for witcher 3 instead.

Beyond good and evil 2, most likely they ditched their original idea and started from scratch.

You guys love to speak about how long it took to make diablo 3 and ignore that the studio that started development was shut down and another team took over. Most likely what happened was that blizzard didn't like the original plans and decided that another team would do the job.

We have had the same thing happening with Star citizen, they removed the team that worked on star marine, pretty sure chris roberts was disappointed with the original idea for squadron 42 gameplay and started over.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Hopefully at this year's citizencon Chris will announce his plans for post launch ship packages.
    MrMelGibson
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    you know anyone who si still wanting to play star citizen should just play no man sky and get over it, pretty much half of the promised on SC is there

btw are you guys who are so adamant on defending SC are getting some monetary reward for that? I don't see a point in defending this since you have nothing to gain at.

i'm more interested if citizen con this year will tell about that nice lawsuit, who was going for discovery
    MaxBacon
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2018
    you know anyone who si still wanting to play star citizen should just play no man sky and get over it, pretty much half of the promised on SC is there

btw are you guys who are so adamant on defending SC are getting some monetary reward for that? I don't see a point in defending this since you have nothing to gain at.

i'm more interested if citizen con this year will tell about that nice lawsuit, who was going for discovery
    Then go play NMS; I play it and I want to play SC, NMS is no SC, SC is a space sim trade MMO, game experiences that have nothing to do with one another.

I'm not here for gain, I'm here for entertainment, maybe you should ask why some here are so adamant on solely naysaying and discredit SC, maybe you would stop validating one side while aiming at the other...

The only reason there are fans here "defending SC", is because there are others here "attacking SC", one does not exist without the other, get it? It's the core fuel of this forum.
    GrindcoreTHRALL
    Babuinix said:
    Kyleran said:

B)

Babuinix said:

funny I don't remember bethesda or cdprojektred or ubisoft asking for people money to make the said games. maybe I lost the memo somewhere
    MaxBacon said:

Then go play NMS; I play it and I want to play SC, NMS is no SC, SC is a space sim trade MMO, game experiences that have nothing to do with one another.

I'm not here for gain, I'm here for entertainment, maybe you should ask why some here are so adamant on solely naysaying and discredit SC, maybe you would stop validating one side while aiming at the other...

The only reason there are fans here "defending SC", is because there are others here "attacking SC", one does not exist without the other, get it? It's the core fuel of this forum.
    i'm, don't worry, kinda passable, don't need to get so uptight about it
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    MaxBacon said:
    WalkinGlenn said:
    It's rather funny your first assumption is that and not that on this site you can add multiple users per DM. lol

I wonder if MaxBacon gets notification alerts anytime SC is mentioned here
    Wrong.

I just don't get why he is always in damage control the second something is said about SC that isn't flattering. 
    The fans are here because the haters are here, and vice-versa.

he either works for CIG 
    Wrong.

MrMelGibson said:
    has spent an embarrassing amount of money on the game.  Inc, "I only spent the bare minimal, but am in the alpha and other closed testing" lol. 
    Wrong.... and right
    I thought you were done posting in this thread? Said it on the first page. Just can't back down when someone questions your precious. 
    MaxBacon
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Shaigh said:

Babuinix said:

Cyberpunk 2077, cd project red came out and said they didn't like what they had so they went back to pre-production and made two great dlc for witcher 3 instead.

Beyond good and evil 2, most likely they ditched their original idea and started from scratch.

You guys love to speak about how long it took to make diablo 3 and ignore that the studio that started development was shut down and another team took over. Most likely what happened was that blizzard didn't like the original plans and decided that another team would do the job.

We have had the same thing happening with Star citizen, they removed the team that worked on star marine, pretty sure chris roberts was disappointed with the original idea for squadron 42 gameplay and started over.

Pretty sure Chris Roberts totally flubbed the 'I am a Genioos!' modular game design that he so highly touted early in the development of SC.   Saw a video were he said something to the effect of 'We had one meeting, I thought everything was clear.'   I knew it would fail because the disorganized management team would screw up and some parts wouldn't work with other parts.  Which is exactly what happened, mostly due to CIG changing things and not keeping their modular design partners informed.   

Keeping everyone on the same page is on the first page of 'Intro to Modular Design 101'.

Kefo

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Hopefully at this year's citizencon Chris will announce his plans for post launch ship packages.
    Roberts couldn't possibly be that tone deaf!   Oh, wait.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Roberts couldn't possibly be that tone deaf!   Oh, wait.....
    Naw and not like he would announce a paywall to watch the con that backers paid for. He couldn’t be that tone deaf.
This discussion has been closed.