Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Interview: The Power of Players - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall Interview: The Power of Players - MMORPG.com

We interview ArtCraft Entertainment on harnessing close ties with the community throughout development.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Hmmm fake spruced up screenshots... ugh.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I want this out NOW. I think most of us are done waiting and just want it to be "launched". That's a tough problem to have for ACE. People are either invested in testing, or just waiting for it to finally be out.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]ConstantineMerus

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

I want this out NOW. I think most of us are done waiting and just want it to be "launched". That's a tough problem to have for ACE. People are either invested in testing, or just waiting for it to finally be out.

If launching now means they do the soft launch approach, personally I'd rather them wait.
    --------------------------------------------
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242

If launching now means they do the soft launch approach, personally I'd rather them wait.
    They'll soft launch anyway, in a year or two tho.
     W...aaagh?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

18 months you mean, right? It's always another 18 months to be launched.

;)
    JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Kyleran said:

;)
    I typed "a year" for fans then added "or two" for haters - but some people you can never satisfy ;)
     W...aaagh?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Kyleran said:

;)
    I prefer the phrase/mindset "It's done when it's done".  Not like there's a lack of options for good games to play (non-mmo especially right now)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited September 2018
    I'm not waiting for launch per-say but I am waiting for an iteration that is the open world/variable campaign that was part of the original pitch :

Mensur
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dvora said:

Hmmm fake spruced up screenshots... ugh.

In other words "I didn't read anything but I thought it was important that I comment anyway"

I'm not waiting for launch per-say but I am waiting for an iteration that is the open world/variable campaign that was part of the original pitch :

5.8 Will bring with it win conditions. Not variable campaigns like you're looking for but its a sign that we're getting closer to that point.

I don't know though....ACE kind of put themselves in a bad spot with that. When do you test it? Open beta to maximize exposure/population? If there's not enough players in each campaign everyone will just assume it's dead and move on. Perhaps for an open beta phase they only release two campaign types, so as to not divide people too much?

Even then, the ramifications of this system can only be felt over the course of several campaigns. The loot import/export rules, etc etc will not be felt right away.
    JamesGoblin
  • KingsletterKingsletter Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I have put a few hundred $ into this game so don’t think I’m hating on it. I want it to be successful. But I keep seeing this happen, Game end up failing when get too ambitious and stay in the constant state of development.

Problem is they don’t even focus on the fact that it needs to be an MMORPG (YES MMORPG not MMO or some other variation of it) rather than an RPG that has MMORPH elements in it.

unfortunately every crowd funded MMORPG has done that and has failed. The Only MMORPG that I can think of didn’t fail as hard as others is Albion Online. Say what you want about it, but it focused on what it wanted and didn’t get too ambitious and has it niche and players that love it.
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

I have put a few hundred $ into this game so don’t think I’m hating on it. I want it to be successful. But I keep seeing this happen, Game end up failing when get too ambitious and stay in the constant state of development.

Problem is they don’t even focus on the fact that it needs to be an MMORPG (YES MMORPG not MMO or some other variation of it) rather than an RPG that has MMORPH elements in it.

unfortunately every crowd funded MMORPG has done that and has failed. The Only MMORPG that I can think of didn’t fail as hard as others is Albion Online. Say what you want about it, but it focused on what it wanted and didn’t get too ambitious and has it niche and players that love it.

In what ways do you feel CF is being too ambitious?
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,513
    edited September 2018
    I lost all hope for this game..First pitch was open world and now they turned it into a theme park mmo.
    JamesGoblin

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

Mensur said:

I lost all hope for this game..First pitch was open world and now they turned it into a theme park mmo.

Are you kidding? How is it a theme park?