Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new challenger has appeared!

kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

We've had pig and bunny, and now a fish joins the fray! And he wants to hurt Star Citizen with bad words!!!

Onward, noble alabaster warriors, and make him pay for his crime!

Octagon7711SiniestrohPhaserlight

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    And he is - unsurprisingly - a tag team  buddy of The Smarty.

Same old same old ... 

90 days .... TOPS ! 

Have fun

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Not sure how informed he is but at least Road Redemption is a pretty fun game.

Also why do white knights keep on going about the 90days bullshit Smart said but froth at the mouth when people mention Chris Roberts' "two weeks" quote.

Arglebargle

..Cake..

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    I'm also astonished people still take Smart seriously enough to quote the guy.
    He's spouted so much shit.

It tells a lot about the project that people cling on the garbage he's said to actually give the project some credibility... "see? CIG is still here after 90 days!!111"

..Cake..

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2018
    lol if Smart is his source of info on SC then RIP, bringing up DS once again to this forums... [mod edit]

The SC haters are unique, this is the only game forum on this site someone will post a thread when someone on the internet says something negative about the game. lol
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    The 90 days is because he didnt think people were dumb enough to keep throwing money at this thing for 7 years....

If they didnt raise another dime from today I doubt they WOULD last 90 more days and thats with (allegedly) 200 million already raised.

Thats the irony the ONLY hope (and it really isnt hope because of the obvious mismanagement if not outright 'embezzlement' of backer funds) is that the money keeps pouring in, but in all seriousness and no one has ever answered this and they conveniently ignore it or at best give some stupid 'as much as it takes' answer. But how much money do people think it will take for them to actually release something even remotely playable let alone decent or 'epic'. Just a SINGLE aspect of the supposed three games theyre developing.

Has 200 mil got them even close? Are they half way there? 2/3s? 30%? Go back and look at the old comparisons when they were talking about budgets and theyre already closing in on the most expensive games ever made in terms of money spent to actually RELEASE them (not continue developing them).35 mil a year seems to be their self proclaimed average so in two more years (which will be about 9 or 10 years of development) theyll be at 275 or so (depending on how the year end hype telethons go) so is 10 years and ~275 million enough? How many games will release before then?

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>> something even remotely playable >>>

You fail to understand that for people like me the Alpha IS already playable. And has been for years. Because you CAN have fun with your friends in the game already.

>>>  How many games will release before then? >>>

Does it matter ? I say no.

>>>   Are they half way there? 2/3s? 30%?  >>>

Ask them. Because CIG is the only group that really knows.

And if they do not answer you - though luck.

>>>  at best give some stupid 'as much as it takes' answer.  >>>

It is not stupid if it is the truth.

Have fun

Darkpigeonalkarionlog
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited September 2018
    sgel said:

Also why do white knights keep on going about the 90days bullshit Smart said but froth at the mouth when people mention Chris Roberts' "two weeks" quote.

Because to them, everything CR says is the infallible holy word of God. They defend and hang on every syllable.

The times when he is wrong, they just pretend it didn't happen. Or, deflect by proclaiming anyone pointing out inconsistencies and errors "just don't understand game development".

When none of that will work, they just change the subject to bashing DS. 

If CR came out insisting the sky is really bright orange, not blue, they would defend and insist he's right, and knows what he's talking about. When proven wrong, they'd start bashing DS.

That's been the pattern for literally years now. When things are going smooth with SC, "DS is a know-nothing, clueless, wanna-be dev". When things are amiss with it, somehow DS is responsible. 
    KefoSpottyGekkoMaxBaconalkarionlog
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    >>> something even remotely playable >>>

You fail to understand that for people like me the Alpha IS already playable. And has been for years. Because you CAN have fun with your friends in the game already.

>>>  How many games will release before then? >>>

Does it matter ? I say no.

>>>   Are they half way there? 2/3s? 30%?  >>>

Ask them. Because CIG is the only group that really knows.

And if they do not answer you - though luck.

>>>  at best give some stupid 'as much as it takes' answer.  >>>

It is not stupid if it is the truth.

Have fun

LMAO the same drivel for how long now? If it is so playable why arent more people playing it? There are after all 456 trillion members and they have raised more money than exists on the planet (allegedly) yet why is it there is no one actually PLAYING whats there. Sure people go and take some screen shots do a video of something but thats not playing thats just logging in. And even those instances are remote.

Youre also OK with someone without a budget because thats where they have been now for awhile and no matter how much money they allegedly raise it still wont be enough I guess.

Opened ended is never a good thing either time wise or money wise and with a guy like Roberts who has never finished anything without being forced to its a joke. That more than anything is why people with half a brain knew this thing didnt have a chance to begin with, and even with the astronomical sum of money they have allegedly raised they (he) still cant get close to releasing something.

I wish someone had him on tape or on the record with a hypothetical 'what if you raise 100 Million?' (half what they have allegedly raised so far) 'and 7 years, what will we as players expect to see with that type of money and time' I would LOVE to see what sort of nonsense answer he would have given and trust me it would be a hell of a lot more than what youre supposedly playing and think is more than enough to keep people busy for a long time....
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    I assume the link doesn't work for some of you because your rambling is quite off-topic.
    Let me sum up the twitter post:
    Ian Fisch is a game developer who worked on Road Redemption. We can assume that unlike a lot of people, he knows a thing or two about game development.
    In his tweet, he says that top talent doesn't want to work for CIG because their project is 6 years old and will never release.
    He also claims that it was badly managed.
    MaxBacon said:
    lol if Smart is his source of info on SC then RIP, bringing up DS once again to this forums... Same old garbage posts from kikoo indeed.

I'm afraid my posts are of equal quality as anyone else when it comes to Star Citizen, as if the quality was related to the very topic.
    Octagon7711alkarionlogMaxBaconPhaserlight
  • EvilPlayerTwoEvilPlayerTwo Member CommonPosts: 10
    But he is right,,,it will never be finished and they wasted all ther money on poorly optimzed game. I understand him
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    I assume the link doesn't work for some of you because your rambling is quite off-topic.
    Ian Fisch is a game developer who worked on Road Redemption. We can assume that unlike a lot of people, he knows a thing or two about game development.
    In his tweet, he says that top talent doesn't want to work for CIG because their project is 6 years old and will never release.
    MaxBacon said:
    lol if Smart is his source of info on SC then RIP, bringing up DS once again to this forums... Same old garbage posts from kikoo indeed.

I'm afraid my posts are of equal quality as anyone else when it comes to Star Citizen, as if the quality was related to the very topic.
    The narrative will become “well Ian hasn’t worked on a game as ambitious as star citizen so he doesn’t really understand game dev” or as Erillion already tried to do and use Derek Smart as a scapegoat to try and dismiss his criticism
    MaxBaconalkarionlog
    edited September 2018
    @Kefo @kikoodutroa8 cheap baiting for the sake of cheap "goon comedy".

Kiko comes here linking one tweet responding to bloody DS (no we're not bringing up DS to dismiss someone randomly!), responding to one of DS famous "SC doomsday" rants with that, well anyone who reads that and takes it seriously wouldn't react any other way lol

If you get triggered because SC fans bring up DS, then start by not bringing up a discussion based on a DS rant (because the tweet is a response to it).

I'm not feeding this further, so I'm done with this garbage of a topic, go "have fun" with someone else willing to take the bait.  //bacon out

What a surprise coming from someone who takes up what DS says seriously... Unless you're trying to imply he is making statements out of his personal knowledge of the project and not from following what DS says about it.

If your argument wasn't BS enough, being one game dev that worked in one AAA title doesn't validate saying things like top talent don't want to work for the company and they are badly paid, personal knowledge does, or on this case, following taking DS SC rants seriously.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    Darkpigeonalkarionlog
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Oh look, another random person has joined the anti-SC bandwagon !

I hope he enjoys his 0.5 seconds of "fame", lol
    ErillionMaxBaconalkarionlogBabuinix
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    But he is right,,,it will never be finished and they wasted all ther money on poorly optimzed game. I understand him
    Until SC can prove differently and release the game, this man is correct.
    alkarionlogMaxBacon
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited September 2018
    well I guess the SC fans are kinda annoyed with DS, serious I would be too if even him said something who makes sense, and he is not alone,

serious guys any self deserving dev would at the very least launch something by now and then keep updating, its was supose to be a MMO looks like or he don't know how to launch the game or he want to launch the game with everything then never look at it again, imagine if other MMO did that, we will only launch after we end all our content planned, not even wow would be out
    MaxBacon
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    @Kefo @kikoodutroa8 cheap baiting for the sake of cheap "goon comedy".

Kiko comes here linking one tweet responding to bloody DS (no we're not bringing up DS to dismiss someone randomly!), responding to one of DS famous "SC doomsday" rants with that, well anyone who reads that and takes it seriously wouldn't react any other way lol

If you get triggered because SC fans bring up DS, then start by not bringing up a discussion based on a DS rant (because the tweet is a response to it).

I'm not feeding this further, so I'm done with this garbage of a topic, go "have fun" with someone else willing to take the bait.  //bacon out

What a surprise coming from someone who takes up what DS says seriously... Unless you're trying to imply he is making statements out of his personal knowledge of the project and not from following what DS says about it.
    But DS was brought up to dismiss the argument hence why Erillion added 90 days tops in his post. White knights (or at least a specific person here) loves to keep bringing up the 90 days tops in an attempt to dismiss any arguments.

And I’d hate to break it to you but you’re the one who is triggered posting a rant about people talking about the topic. If you don’t like the topic stay out of it instead of being triggered enough to post in it.
    alkarionlogMaxBacon
    edited September 2018
    Kefo said:
    But DS was brought up to dismiss the argument hence why Erillion added 90 days tops in his post. White knights (or at least a specific person here) loves to keep bringing up the 90 days tops in an attempt to dismiss any arguments.

And I’d hate to break it to you but you’re the one who is triggered posting a rant about people talking about the topic. If you don’t like the topic stay out of it instead of being triggered enough to post in it.
    There's no argument there's just one opinion put in a comment to a DS article, that's all. The 90 days is a meme by now, so is DS and CR hand gestures.

I just posted on it because kikoo specifically leveled the topic to bait me and Erillion, what should be reportable but whatever... That said

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wuh oh, the cult members found another name to invoke with the others.

Kyleranrpmcmurphyalkarionlog
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Do we really need to hear anything we can't see for ourselves?
    This guy Chris Roberts has ALWAYS been incompetent,literally to the point he admitted it himself when he mention ed that game development needs very deep pockets to succeed.
    So when you admit and know it takes  deep pockets,why was he selling his initial pitch expecting very little money?So in other words he has been delivering BS from day 1.

I wouldn't hire this guy to make a game of Yahtzee,oh go figure,he wasn't hired,he got free money  and answers to nobody,nice gig he has going there.
    alkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    90 days XD, I remember when DS said Star Marine would never come out and there would be no FPS in SC rofl.
    Babuinix
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    noooo onion head
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    MaxBacon said:

Bad Management?   Check

Top Talent not enthused?  Check

Though I personally think Star Citizen will release, just after Roberts has driven the project into the ground, and it gets bought by some outside investor.  You know, Freelancer; Microsoft, all over again.   

But the rats won't leave as long as the ship isn't completely sunk.  Til then it's pina colada party on the poop deck. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

HOLY SHIT this bastard ranting at me and Erillion here just filled our DM box with freaking gore photos! this is not even the first time, talk about an axe to grind ffs!
    WalkinGlennalkarionlog
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    MaxBacon said:

Yeah Road Redemption, a game that was in development hell, couldn't get a kickstarter and is now out as a paid, buggy as hell, alpha. Now I'm sure the guy knows more about game development than I do, but I also see a very good chance that this dude is just envious as hell that Roberts can get so many fangirls to throw money at him. Just like so many other "critics" in the game development community.
      Im not seeing this , been playing RR for 2 years now , and it runs great is good fun and not many bugs at all , no more than any other game out there, matter a fact hard to find folks complaining of bugs and is Mostly Positive on Steam
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    MaxBacon said:
    HOLY SHIT this bastard ranting at me and Erillion here just filled our DM box with freaking gore photos! this is not even the first time, talk about an axe to grind ffs!
    Pretty bad stuff.  I flagged his ass. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

This discussion has been closed.