Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to Pokemon Go?

13»

Comments

• waipowrectdeapr1976waipowrectdeapr1976 Member CommonPosts: 8
    In Signapore I saw a guy fall in the sea from a pier while playing the game. They were crazy about the game when I was there (It had just come out though).
  • Alex175Alex175 Member CommonPosts: 6
    Like all viral effects, Pokemon Go has gone out of style and many people (those who only played for follow trend) have abandoned it.

Although the fact that this happened has much to do at least initially that the game lacked more updates to make many fans want to have new pokemons
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Alex175 said:
    Like all viral effects, Pokemon Go has gone out of style and many people (those who only played for follow trend) have abandoned it.

Although the fact that this happened has much to do at least initially that the game lacked more updates to make many fans want to have new pokemons
    It's still doing really good though. The changes they have made have made it a way better game than it used to be.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Not too sure what happened to it, I guess the phase  finally over. Which is a good thing. There was too much craziness happening with people looking for pokemons, any and everywhere. Goodridense
    Couple months old thread. Looks like you didn't bother to read the first few posts however since there was a link to a slightly earlier mmorpg.com post reporting on (estimated) revenue having passed $2B and the fact the game continues to make c. $2M a day. Not exactly "goodridense".

Nor do I see what's wrong with a game that has brought / brings enjoyment to many. You don't like it fine but why knock it?
    mmolou
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The most surprising thing to me is that no other studio's tried to cash in on the concept of Pokemon GO. When the game first game out and everyone was playing I was convinced we were going to see a ton of mobile Pokemon Go knock off games that had people using their phone to interact with the real world.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• skr1107skr1107 Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited November 2020
    Enjoy high quality music with the world’s most popular music streaming service, Spotify Premium.

Post edited by skr1107 on
    My Blog: Modapkdl.io
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    skr1107 said:
    It was a blockbuster after its release, but things ended so fast.

Welcome to the boards!
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    thunderC said:
    The most surprising thing to me is that no other studio's tried to cash in on the concept of Pokemon GO. When the game first game out and everyone was playing I was convinced we were going to see a ton of mobile Pokemon Go knock off games that had people using their phone to interact with the real world.
    is this a joke? or do you really not know of the other AR games that are out there? There are tons of smaller lesser known games, if that interests you, but also many other big IP names too. Besides Pokemon GO, you have a Jurassic Park, Walking Dead, and very soon a Harry Potter based AR game. The idea of AR is still very much alive, and more games are being released it seems almost monthly, that integrate maps and the real world.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    It's still going strong even with the company trying to kill it with failed live events.  They have added a lot to the game though now.  If the company could get out of its own way with those messed up events it will probably be doing good for a while to come.
  • Muppetrat123Muppetrat123 Member CommonPosts: 6
    I still think pokemon go is really awesome, It's one of the closest thing you get from catching a pokemon in real life xD
  • Enzo15Enzo15 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Nothing happened, game was running slowly in the past but now everybody is creating new  accounts again. Where I live, everybody is creating even 2 accounts. The game is on, lets catch pokemon!