Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefied V censors "white man" in chat lol.

13»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,039
    immodium said:
    I'm on the side of it being a bug.

SJWs like to use the term "White Male" anyway. Them banning it wouldn't make sense as they like to use the phrase.

White Man is used by the Native Americans and that's who you should be after. ;)
    It's either a bug, or EA and DICE are the absolute dumbest parties to ever try and ninja-censor something ever.  When words like eat or DLC are censored, it was only a matter of time before word got out about this inept filter.

• AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 4,677
    This thread seems less like a discussion of anything really and more like an excuse to call people politically charged names like "SJW," "Snowflake," and "PC." I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,587
    Tiamat64 said:

My bad.  I was trying to make a general statement, but apparently some people felt they resembled that remark.
    Just a FYI.  It's Resent, not resembled.

Resent means "to despise, to feel offended by, to be angry at", etc.

Resembled means "to be similar to", which.... kinda fits but is much more of a stretch. The original saying was "resent" but somewhere along the line people started misremembering it and used "resemble" instead, probably because they sound similar and "resemble" kinda technically works but fails to convey the "That guy is angry" emotional context that "resent" does.

I guess at least "resemble" vs "resent" makes more context sense than the "rouge" (red) vs "rogue" (thief, D&D class, etc) mistake that so many people keep making, although I'm still surprised it's seeped into the collective conscious so much since "resemble" has an entire extra syllable compared to "resent"
    I'm aware.  The commonly misused interpretation happened to fit, so I used it.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,587
    thunderC said:
    EA Going full on SJW Retard, Is anyone really surprised here ? 

Found another one guys!
    JeffSpicoli
This discussion has been closed.