Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefied V censors "white man" in chat lol.

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
LOL  :o 
GorweJeffSpicoli

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    lmao
    AsheramGorwe
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    WTF
    AsheramGorweEponyxDamorJeffSpicoli

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    edited September 2018
    With everything else wrong with this game I'm glad that EA/DICE could find something to add some actual fun to this shit title. I spent more time trying to get "white man" uncensored in the chat than I did shooting at people.

When shit posting in your shooter game is more fun than playing your shooter game maybe it's time to hang up the hat DICE lol.
    Asherambartoni33
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Nazi is censored too. 

It's a game about WWII ... and you can't say Nazi.

I want to go to fucking sleep for 10 years and hopefully wake up with all this SJW bullshit gone.

Get Woke. Go Broke.
    Gorwebartoni33TyranusPrimekadajvolajukrevraScotFrodoFraginsHorusraJeffSpicoli

You stay sassy!

• krevrakrevra Member UncommonPosts: 50
    This is the game anyone thinking of buying is about to support on top of ALL THE OTHER crap EA has done to piss off its playerbase, and now this.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Honestly I don't think the censorship of the term is as deep and conspiratorial as some of you think it is. It is probably just a recycled generic library of phrases and terms that are used across many games.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    They came out and said that it's not working as intended. A lot of things are blocked that make no sense like computer part names, DLC is blocked, Titanfall 2 is blocked, just random ass terms. I'm pretty sure that's not what they intended.
    bartoni33
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    They came out and said that it's not working as intended. A lot of things are blocked that make no sense like computer part names, DLC is blocked, Titanfall 2 is blocked, just random ass terms. I'm pretty sure that's not what they intended.
    DLC isn't entirely blocked.

If you say Free DLC, you can say it in the game. If you say just DLC it is, yes, blocked.

Why would "Free DLC" not be blocked (with a space between so its two separate words), but DLC is?

I'll answer for you. Its because EA is well known to do terrible DLC and they don't want people talking about it. They only want people to talk positive about free DLC.
    bartoni33

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Yeah this would be pretty crazy if this was intentional.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited September 2018
    Censoring out "DLC" and Titanfall 2 in an attempt to protect the company?  Maybe some "loyal well-intentioned for the company but stupid" employee (who additionally also has really stupid ideas of what counts as politically correct) got a hold of the chat filter coding or something.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    You know Gorwe you could just have said racial slurs to get your point accross
    FrodoFragins
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited September 2018
    Asheram said:
    You know Gorwe you could just have said racial slurs to get your point accross
    At least we now know that this site doesn't censor.

EDIT: Although one of those words isn't a slur, just a bored SJW attempt at making it one.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I want to express my opinion less than I want to keep my account safe and sound.

Self-censorship is the best ;)
    AsheramKyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    *Gets jaw broken*

*Mumble*"What did I do bro? You're being too sensitive."*Mumble*

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited September 2018
    Get woke, go broke 

Catchy phrase. Fitting too. ;) 

Or maybe not. Isn't it kinda retarded to censor 70% of your playerbase <o> 
    [Deleted User]
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    It's more sad than funny though. Isn't it?

Also the fake forced hysterical laugh. I understand that he is an entertainer but do people really get entertained by someone pretending to be laughing in that over-the-top way?
    iamspamicusJeffSpicoli
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I was going to buy the game. Now I am not sure.
    I wouldn't, after the last games i'm over after the bf3, I didn't see a point to buy teh 4th, its the same game basically, then the rest is just so meh, plus its a EA game, for me to spend on a EA game it need to be botherline perfect
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    I mean if you are basing your decision off of a really weird chat filter that seems broken, sure. 

Or you could just sign up for the origin premium thing for 15 bucks the week the game comes out and play the game for a month and see if you like it. 
    MadFrenchie
    edited September 2018
    Don't know why this double posted. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I'm dying at all the morons in this thread who are commenting without actually understanding what's going on.  Typical Facebook news mouth-breathers....
    Please enlighten us, then.
    It's a buggy filter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/09/08/battlefield-v-open-beta-chat-filter-censor-dlc/

All the SJW bitching is just folks taking a chance to hit their favorite proverbial punching bag.
    bartoni33Iselin

OG_Zorvan said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I'm dying at all the morons in this thread who are commenting without actually understanding what's going on.  Typical Facebook news mouth-breathers....
    Please enlighten us, then.
    It's a buggy filter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/09/08/battlefield-v-open-beta-chat-filter-censor-dlc/

All the SJW bitching is just folks taking a chance to hit their favorite proverbial punching bag.
    Buggy or not, words don't get added to filters unless they're put there first.
    So tell me what SJW conspiracy placed "DLC" on the list?
    Kajidourden

• SideerSideer Member CommonPosts: 6
    Bugs don't add words to a filter, if filter bugged out it wouldn't work properly, and that would affect all the algorithm, not add specific words to a filter itself. 

Ask any programmer in the field, the filter is programmed in the way that you would add words in the list and that's it. Not like you hard code every word and if bugged out they just change. It's a poor excuse for them to say
    iamspamicus
    Sideer said:
    Bugs don't add words to a filter, if filter bugged out it wouldn't work properly, and that would affect all the algorithm, not add specific words to a filter itself. 

Ask any programmer in the field, the filter is programmed in the way that you would add words in the list and that's it. Not like you hard code every word and if bugged out they just change. It's a poor excuse for them to say
    Do you know how filters work?

Filters parse words through a list. The wrong list can be put through on accident (or it could have been coded to pull the wrong list on accident)

Not sure what the list of words was from, or why it pulled those specific words.

The chat was literally filtering out computer part names. You couldn't say 7600 you couldn't say 6600k. You couldn't say the word Titanfall 2. Like what benefit would those words have being filtered out. That doesn't make any sense. 

Also holy crap this thread derailed. Personal attacks galore. 
    edited September 2018
    I mean if you are basing your decision off of a really weird chat filter that seems broken, sure. 

Or you could just sign up for the origin premium thing for 15 bucks the week the game comes out and play the game for a month and see if you like it. 
    I am a big fan of the series. I spent a lot of time playing Desert Combat and BF 2.

If the censorship of "white man" is a bug then I do not care about it. However, if not, then I would not want to support this philosophy with my money. It is a matter of principle, not a price tag.
    Considering words like DLC and computer part names were also filtered, I'm not sure what philosophy they'd be trying to push with intent behind this.  The anti-software, anti-hardware SJWs?
    Kajidourden

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

I am a big fan of the series. I spent a lot of time playing Desert Combat and BF 2.

If the censorship of "white man" is a bug then I do not care about it. However, if not, then I would not want to support this philosophy with my money. It is a matter of principle, not a price tag.
    Considering words like DLC and computer part names were also filtered, I'm not sure what philosophy they'd be trying to push with intent behind this.  The anti-software, anti-hardware SJWs?
    You mean if they keep "white man" filtered post launch it is alright since they have also filtered "DLC"? 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
This discussion has been closed.