Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you still play GW2? If so how often?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
Curious how many on here still play GW2, and how often. Or if they never played

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Do you still play GW2?
  1. Do you still play GW2?68 votes
    1. Yes. Daily or as often as possible
      16.18%
    2. Yes. But less than I used to
        2.94%
    3. Sorta. I play other games that mostly keep me occupied
      17.65%
    4. I only play when there is a story update or an expansion and then stop
      17.65%
    5. No. I quit playing
      44.12%
    6. I never played GW2
        1.47%

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Also, if you voted you still play...what keeps you playing?

Like wise, if you voted you quit playing...any particular reason?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    I played at launch for a month or so.  Combat became boring for me.  I tried to pick it up again a couple years ago.  Combat became boring for me.

I've got the straight edge.

• adamd2adamd2 Member CommonPosts: 1
    If you are not getting the following process of the game update that you can also make that thing perfect if you read the blog of the Google Drive support for the entire knowledge.
    [Deleted User]
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I play from time to time. Eventually I'll get a max level character once I can decide on which class. 
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I chose sorta cause I'm super busy playing other games(DQ11/D2/FFXIV) but even when I play I only get all maps to 100% started from all cities and I'm at the low level areas right outside the cities.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    I played for years, and loved the game, but then I mainly quit after HoT, I said I was taking a break, and would see what happened, and true to my word, I went back for PoF, and just.. really could not get back into it.

They soiled the game with their efforts to cater to the hardcore crowed, with raids and more focus on hard end-game content, and it just made me feel like a second-class citizen because that was not my thing.

Happens, they made direction decisions, and I had a choice of two, deal or quit.. and I quit.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I keep playing because I found content that I enjoy doing just about everyday.  This poll should be multiple choice as I play a lot more when new content comes out then I go back to a level of less playtime.
    Thupli

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    edited September 2018
    I played at launch and lasted two weeks after hitting the level cap.  I bought the first expac on sale months after it released.  i quit due to having tons of group quests and nobody in the world anymore AND because the final fight of the story bugged out so I couldn't kill the boss and I refused to redo the three or four fights which preceded it and didn't have save points.

Exploration is great, dungeons and WvWvW are horrendous.  Not being able to go back to pick up on the world story you missed was a stupid decision by the devs.

I wouldn't pay more than $10 for the last expansion.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Ive tried it 3 different times and didnt last more than 10 days in any of them...i dunno, the game just doesnt grab me.
    pokrak
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Its my favorite game by far..
    i don’t play it exclusively, keep switching to other games..
    but allways return
    and enjoy it when returning

i love open world and good stories..
    and this game keeps getting better at this year after year..
    the game is as busy as ever..

the horizontal progression works very well for me
    there are some really epic longterm(weapon) goals.
    Reverielle

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    There are many reasons why I play daily, but I guess the two main ones are;
    1. Level scaling: basically the ability to play with anyone anywhere at anytime, and 
    2. The horizontal progression: The exotic equipment your character was in 6 years ago is still relevent to enjoy 99% of the game's content (High-level Fractals being the exclusion).

pokrak
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    edited November 2018
    Sorta. Guild Wars 2 is the MMO I go to to stop myself from buying into or resubbing onto another MMO. Every now and then, 2-3 times a year, nostalgia kicks in and this serves as a nice, free reminder that MMOs arent reeeally how I remember anymore :grin:
    Ungood
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Just kinda fartin around in it again. Picking up my Mirage. I'll go get my beetle now I guess.

• Zeppel80Zeppel80 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    I got to end game, Heart of Thorns, and got really turned off by it. It's nothing like the base game at all, it's basically one big jumping puzzle. I haven't been back since.
    UngoodReverielleThupli
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I quit before their first expansion. Was operating under the happy but mistaken belief that there would not be any such expansions.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I mainly played WvW and some spvp. I quit in this last xpac because of the damage creep. Combat in GW2 is so uninteresting to me anymore when every class has these 2 shot builds. It takes away from what made the combat feel engaging to me in the first place. 
    Ungood
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Still play it for its WvW and living story aspects. It always serves as a secondary mmo for me. Right now I play FFXIV mainly and Gw2 for my pvp need.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I tend to pop in throughout the Halloween and Christmas events time.

The Christmas snowball fight thing is the best(and only good) PvP in the game.  That game is a blast.  Everything about it is better than the real game's combat.

On that note: the PvP in GW2 is the worst and most broken it has ever been.  That says a lot...

Game still suffers from pretty much all the same things it always has -- broken, OP/god classes;  the horrid buff/debuff system; lack of overall general content(way better than it used to be however); grind-focused;  most of their items come from the gem store rather than the game; horrible, laughable group management/LFG system;  perhaps worst -- the inventory clutter(they are trying to eliminate a bit, at least).
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Couple of months each year.
    It's a cool game if you allow 10 months to forget how shallow it is.
    Lokero
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     Play almost daily.  Almost exclusively play in WvW.  Love the server versus server battles and find GW2 combat best in the MMOs Ive played. 
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    nope i stopped quite some time ago and have just recently un-installed it after having it installed for over a year (maybe 2) of doing nothing nothing.

I stopped playing because you couldnt get grouped, couldnt do dungeons (got shunterd out because you hadnt done any before).... all i had left was to do the world boss's which after awhile got boring for no loot relevant to you........ i stopped playing i did not purchase thorns and have not purchased the latest XPack, dont think i will either.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I tried twice...Just never could get into it
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    It's still in my rotation. Would play it more, but it has one of the worst end-game of any mmorpg for me. Everything seems to be gated behind 'must play in a group' which for a casual popping in and out like me is poison.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Alteiir said:
    I mainly played WvW and some spvp. I quit in this last xpac because of the damage creep. Combat in GW2 is so uninteresting to me anymore when every class has these 2 shot builds. It takes away from what made the combat feel engaging to me in the first place. 
    I suffered from this as well, after playing a decent MOBA, GW2 PvP combat was a bad combination of broken beyond repair and bland.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Im actually playing a little more now. Even bought the expansions lol(figured id "catch up" since it was 50% off). Still playing super casual, less that an hour every few days id say. Just completing maps and story missions mostly. If its too complicated either toss it or move on to something else. Not worrying about guilds, rotations, gear or "best spec" ... just wasting time, leveling, exploring etc. Theyre probably going hate me in a group lol. 

Oh well, I honestly dont care enough about the game to really get into its mechanics anymore than what is in front of me. And its actually more fun that way... so far at least.

Been a while since played any MMO (few months into Legion) and this one before that (around the start of HoT) so maybe thats changed my overall perception of it. No expectations no disappointments.