Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sale/Event (Searing Plague) is now live:

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    Mendel said:
    You have to admit.  This Caspien guy is doing more to entertain us this summer than most other forms of entertainment.  He's far behind the MCU, or the Incredibles, but he *may* be ahead of the DCEU.

That was a well-placed dart, sir! :+1:
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    Mendel said:
    You have to admit.  This Caspien guy is doing more to entertain us this summer than most other forms of entertainment.  He's far behind the MCU, or the Incredibles, but he *may* be ahead of the DCEU.

I'd love for some of the supporters to explain how this is anything but an utter disaster.  They were all over these forums when it was Hopes and Dreams.  They were all over when Caspien decided to tag naysayers as Harbingers and ask that his followers go out and shut them down.

Now we have the first actual, tangible event from the company and it's sum is:
    Links of Elyria- Post millions of links to "win"
    People aren't playing how Caspien wants so he institutes a "role wipe". Love to see how that fits into the Lore.
    People still not playing right so the big 25% milestone is changing the functionality of store items.

Screw Pay 2 Build.  This is Pay 2 Cure!!!

Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Mendel said:

I'd love for some of the supporters to explain how this is anything but an utter disaster.  They were all over these forums when it was Hopes and Dreams.  They were all over when Caspien decided to tag naysayers as Harbingers and ask that his followers go out and shut them down.

People aren't playing how Caspien wants so he institutes a "role wipe". Love to see how that fits into the Lore.
    People still not playing right so the big 25% milestone is changing the functionality of store items.

**crickets**
    --------------------------------------------
    edited August 2018
    Mendel said:

**crickets**
    Uh oh.  Trouble in Paradise... a vocal uprising begins.

Note the shockingly low 5 pats on the back he got.  Normally he gets up voted for simply breathing.  Not one person asked the simple question "Why downplay the store items when they were a main focal point in the 25% milestone that you hyped for days? Why change them to encourage people to buy them?"

Then of course one of the highest backers who bought not one but 2 $10,000 Kingdoms chimes in to point out that it's not really Pay 2 Cure because the people could always simply just buy new accounts to help the effort:

This is getting to new levels of embarrassment and that's a pretty hard feat given the history here...

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited August 2018
    This entire event will go down in gaming history along with RGs selling of blood vials and other strange occurances in what will come to be known in the future as the "Indie Era."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Kyleran said:
    This entire event will go down in gaming history along with RGs selling of blood vials and other strange occurances in what will come to be known in the future as the "Indie Era."
    Or perhaps it will become a Cautionary Tale like NGE.. and then a bunch of up coming gamers can have no clue.. and be like "What is this whole COE thing"

Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited August 2018
    Such a bummer, I shoulda known from his bald head and fake goatee that he was gonna ruin the game.

Curse you caspian
    Kyleran
    OrangeBoy said:
    Such a bummer, I shoulda known from his bald head and fake goatee that he was gonna ruin the game.

Curse you caspian
    Sorta like this guy, eh?

https://goo.gl/images/gehWo9

;)
    OrangeBoyWellspringAnOldFart

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

New awesome Lore Milestone reached!!!!

Cure 37.5%: Congratulations on meeting Caspian's challenge while accomplishing the 37.5% milestone along the race for the cure! The Generate Purity action will generate 2 purity instead of 1! As a result of this milestone, all players who qualify for a tier 2 pure role by the end of the event will receive a vial of disinfecting tincture. This tincture of vinegar and alcohol can be used to disinfect items (remove infectious agent properties from items) in game and this reward includes the recipe to make more. Additionally, the Outbreak Bar is reduced by 5%!
    [Deleted User]

Cure 37.5%: Congratulations on meeting Caspian's challenge while accomplishing the 37.5% milestone along the race for the cure! The Generate Purity action will generate 2 purity instead of 1! As a result of this milestone, all players who qualify for a tier 2 pure role by the end of the event will receive a vial of disinfecting tincture. This tincture of vinegar and alcohol can be used to disinfect items (remove infectious agent properties from items) in game and this reward includes the recipe to make more. Additionally, the Outbreak Bar is reduced by 5%!
    I feel like they're just making this up as they go now.

Are we really supposed to believe they always planned to have a 37.5% milestone from the beginning? This whole thing is a farce. 

Are we really supposed to believe they always planned to have a 37.5% milestone from the beginning? This whole thing is a farce. 
    There's a big outcry on Discord and private forums about their behavior.  Its obvious that they expected the community to rally and defeat the Plague and their actions IMHO show a clear panic to help ensure that happens.  When Caspien started to tell on players that were hoarding tokens it was quite clear that he has no idea how to properly GM.  It was a conscious and allowed playstyle but he went and told Discord that people were doing it instead of keeping his big mouth shut and letting players play.

Wait till the event ends and he brags about thousands of new players joining the community.  Id say there were 3 digit new players with thousands of extra alt-accounts.  Wait until the last few days when everyone is making alt account #10 before the event ends.   

I wonder if someone let the Goons know about this one.  Imagine what they could do with self-generated free accounts in a game like this...  :D

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

What?  37.5% doesn't strike you as a common goalpost for these sort of events???  :D 

It is also believed that on the 26th they changed some mechanics to force the plague to retreat and thus insure they would never have to create that biome for the launch of the game:

Notice how prior to that date there was a jump and then a fairly steady line.  Now there is a jump and then a steady decrease.

Then also a week or two ago they magically gave everyone a free respec because they weren't playing the way SBS wanted them to.

Off the top of my head here are the direct impacts they made:

Sold store items that affected the game
    Changed after a few weeks and made MORE store items affect the event
    Ratted on players that were hoarding tokens
    Told people when there will be milestones (get to 50%! etc...)
    Mysterious plague decay starting on the 26th
    Specifically TELLING the players to do things like gain 2.5% on this bar in a day and keep the other bar steady.

Can you imagine if they do crap like this when the game launches? 

Wellspringanemo

What a snitch

MadFrenchie
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    It is also believed that on the 26th they changed some mechanics to force the plague to retreat and thus insure they would never have to create that biome for the launch of the game:

Notice how prior to that date there was a jump and then a fairly steady line.  Now there is a jump and then a steady decrease.

Then also a week or two ago they magically gave everyone a free respec because they weren't playing the way SBS wanted them to.

Off the top of my head here are the direct impacts they made:

Sold store items that affected the game
    Changed after a few weeks and made MORE store items affect the event
    Told people when there will be milestones (get to 50%! etc...)
    Mysterious plague decay starting on the 26th
    Specifically TELLING the players to do things like gain 2.5% on this bar in a day and keep the other bar steady.

Can you imagine if they do crap like this when the game launches? 

I know a few of the Kingdoms went from generating accounts for unpledged Kingdoms to actually fighting the plague. 

Whilst that plague biome wouldn't be a problem for the biggest spending Kings it is a kick in the arse for the kingdom already picking last...

So they have gone from generating to fighting the plague. 
    This might have in part to do with the declining trend, but as you say it could be an alteration of the underlining mechanics. 

As caspian as a GM, I would imagine that all GMs to a point will bend the campaign if the players are going to miss out on something major. The point is they wouldn't make a big issue of it so the players thought this was just what was happening. 

Now don't get me wrong I don't massively agree with this event and how it's run but it is what it is... 
    Here is the latest exciting Lore Update:

Cure 50%: As a result of achieving the 50% milestone reward, every player that has qualified for a tier 2 pure role by the end of the event will receive a plague mask in game to commemorate the effort to stem the outbreak. This plague mask offers some protection from foul miasma and grants some protection against airborne diseases. Additionally, the Cure Bar is increased by 2%, and the Outbreak Bar is reduced bar 3%!

That's all good right? So hard to tell.

;)

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    More items that will put any Day 1 newbs even further behind pre-alpha players.  My brain is telling me these guys already have all the customers they will every get.  There's no incentive to actually wait for the game to be finished.  And I'm questioning the developers incentive to finish the game; they're already collecting all the revenue, er, donations they're likely to get.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Milestone Lore Update:

Cure 62.5%: The 62.5% milestone on the cure bar brings together knowledge from the fight against the plague to offer new tools to physicians and doctors as they treat the injured and afflicted. As a result of this milestone, all players who qualify for a tier 2 pure role by the end of the event will receive a Healer's Kit containing 5 linen bandages, 2 disinfectant vials, 1 utility knife, and a small jar of leeches in a belt pack. Additionally, the outbreak bar is reduced by another 5%!

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Must say it's bit a bit of a laugh, nothing to take seriously.

If I had learnt how to do it earlier I am sure I would have got a few more people accounts lol
    Kyleran
    AnOldFart said:
    Must say it's bit a bit of a laugh, nothing to take seriously.

If I had learnt how to do it earlier I am sure I would have got a few more people accounts lol
    Oh... there are soooo many accounts being made it’s insane.  A guy in Discord had over 20 alts created through this event.

Kyleran

edited September 2018
    Just found out I was IP banned after trying to create a new account after almost a year to activate a free package from some friends that are still in their community.

Why? Because I had a friend on discord tell me about some promises Caspian made to some high-rollers for extra packages and items (EP and etc) that were given away free by him (Caspian) to those he favored personally and to those he thought were good suck-ups and tried to "placate" the community. My friend was a direct beneficiary but decided to tell me anyway since he's extremely aggravated at the recent plague event, and the lack of progress such as the map voting. When I brought this up to Serpentius on Discord, I got the ban hammer.

For the sake of the person who let me on this little secret, I won't say his name (unless he grows tired of the non-existent development and lets me post discord screen shots).

But I will say this: Caspian, I have another PC, and 2/3 alt accs offered to me by some of the community members over there that acquired them through your event. So I hope to see you in Elyria when it launches, you clown.  ;)

edit: I dare Serpentius or Caspian to challenge me on my claims above, I'd love to spoil your month.
    Usually never a good idea to challenge devs on their own turf.

Ungood

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    This game is dead in the water.  Better to waste (or spend) your time on something else.

I've got the straight edge.

OrangeBoy said:
    Just found out I was IP banned after trying to create a new account after almost a year to activate a free package from some friends that are still in their community.

Why? Because I had a friend on discord tell me about some promises Caspian made to some high-rollers for extra packages and items (EP and etc) that were given away free by him (Caspian) to those he favored personally and to those he thought were good suck-ups and tried to "placate" the community. My friend was a direct beneficiary but decided to tell me anyway since he's extremely aggravated at the recent plague event, and the lack of progress such as the map voting. When I brought this up to Serpentius on Discord, I got the ban hammer.

For the sake of the person who let me on this little secret, I won't say his name (unless he grows tired of the non-existent development and lets me post discord screen shots).

But I will say this: Caspian, I have another PC, and 2/3 alt accs offered to me by some of the community members over there that acquired them through your event. So I hope to see you in Elyria when it launches, you clown.  ;)

edit: I dare Serpentius or Caspian to challenge me on my claims above, I'd love to spoil your month.
    You have screen shots of your friend telling you on discord about something the devs allegedly did? Hardly sounds like proof of anything...