Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online enters the Battle Royale arena

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
edited September 2018 in Mortal Online

Press release from Companies

Published: 2018-08-30 09:59:08

Star Vault AB: Update - Mortal Royale

Last night, we opened "sign up for closed alpha" / final test, which was filled the same day when the interest was high. Approximately 3,000 people are registered to join the first trial phase at the end of September.

Early access will be released late 2018.

The launch of the website and trailer was scheduled for 23 August. On August 28, Mortal Royale became a public at Steamstore where you can follow the game as well as discuss it. You will not be able to buy the game until it enters early access later this year. Mortal Royale Forum goes live this week at mortalroyale.com

The player will be able to download and play Mortal Royale for free. After that, it is possible to make a large number of visual modifications of its own character in the game. You will also be able to purchase other player races to access other ones in addition to the launch race. We plan to offer some small changes and different game styles through these character races. World rankings will be available when early access begins so players can see how well they perform in the game and win different titles.

See the trailer here

CEO, Henrik Nyström comments:

It's fun to see that there is a lot of interest in playing Mortal Royale. We will follow the test phases carefully to see the feedback and make the gaming experience as good as possible for early access. The game started as an experiment but then there are many Mortal Online players who wanted this kind of game next to Mortal Online, so we made it possible because it was short development time. We also see that Mortal Royale can open interest in new players who easily enter Mortal Royale and then can step into Mortal Online to get to know the real world of roleplay elements that Mortal Royale misses when it focuses only on combat under a short match. It will be exciting to see the interest of Mortal Royale when we start early access later this year at Steam.

Henrik Nyström

*Above was translated by Google

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited September 2018
    ....and STILL only one server is Sweden?  lol

this is going nowhere unless they have somehow miraculously managed to turn MO's combat into an accurate, reliable and responsive experience, devoid of lag, nodelines, de-sync....oh and cheaters of course (biggest lols here). 

don't get me wrong, i have a lot of very fond memories of MO, which i played for years. however, the actual combat was a frustrating mess of prediction exploitation at the best of times, and a complete delirious shit fest at worst,  for anyone except those few lucky chaps that so happen to live in Sweden. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    I guess their Kitten game wasn't as big of a hit as they hoped...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Wasn't Mortal Online some Full Loot Open World PvP game, that was at one time hailed by all the wanna-be hard core players as the next great coming of MMO's and swiftly turned into a stupid brute squad gank fest?

or am I thinking of a different game?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    frustrated power rangers GIF

lol
    KyleranAsheram

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/