Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Server 'Evolutions' Coming to NA and EU Servers on October 17th - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Server 'Evolutions' Coming to NA and EU Servers on October 17th - MMORPG.com

Trion Worlds is giving ArcheAge players plenty of notice ahead of a server "evolution" coming to both North American and European servers on October 17th to "better balance populations". While the details are somewhat slim at the moment, the plan is to release a comprehensive FAQ sometime next week.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited September 2018

No Cash Shop , Sub Only or No play
    SupaMutantwingoodmcrippinsceh430[Deleted User]ScellowPhryTEKK3NThuplikenguru23
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    you know not even if they make a sub only now I would go back, it was spoiled all the fun already, with the whole localization changes they did, and the land and merges fiascos, i'm never touching anything then trion put his hands on ever again
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Greedy Garbage
    DeadSpockkenguru23
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I find it funny, that Trion is calling server merges an "Evolution" !!
    necrolock
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

Greedy Garbage

I fail to see how merging servers is greedy when populations shift. Stop triggering folks!
    jimmywolfPanther2103
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    So sad to see the ArcheAge like this, i've played it a lot in it's early days, had a lot of fun leveling up until i hit the Wall that is endgame and its p2w elements.

Nevertheless, it was the best SandPark mmo i've played (i know there are just a few of them out there but still).

Hope one day some company makes a similar sandpark mmo and nails the feel that ArcheAge had without the p2w.
    ultimateduckkenguru23
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    So either merges or megaservers.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its almost like we've seen this once before....or maybe twice before....nah, they would never....
    Phry
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If they had more PvE I would have stayed and leveled some more alts. I had a good time playing the PvE content. I was only interested in questing and exploration. The chat from court was great.
    kenguru23

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ry7737ry7737 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    edited September 2018
    i once owned all of silent forest mtn top near the community center. i walked away cuz this game is trash. The reason it's bad is because you have no life. It forces you to continuously play with no breaks. there's always something else you HAVE to do. Be that dailies, alt mining on eu for gold to buy apex for your account between those two things you have maybe an hour left to go and do w.e u want like grind mobs for haram gear. It forces you into doing too many things you must do and not any where near enough things you want to do. i'd rather just go grind a billion mobs out in auroria tbh. i can handle that, the ganks are always welcomed too i loved that. what i didn't love is farming,mining and all the dailies. screw you trion
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited September 2018
    The reason Arche Age sucks is because of Trion, it was one of the best games for it's time better than Black Desert as far as I am concerned because of the Economy, ability to actually own land and farm, but it has some major flaws that plagued the game and still to this day have not been fixed.

. Land Grab hackers and Aurorian plots, rather than bring down the servers roll th em back this gave a huge advantage to cheaters during Auroria launch.

. The Voting system for faction leader sure it's an okay thing, problem is there are some d*** head leaders who try to demand everyone on the alliance do what they say and then grief and PK those who don't all day *Not a good idea when that person is spending over $500 every 6 months in Arche Age* and Trion allows it.

. The Merges on Merge everything is lost all your land you have to hope you can even get it back no real compensation is given equal to the in-game currency some people pay for the land.

. Costumes unlike BDO, you have no cash shop storage so even with Max inventory your spaces get filled full of cosmetic items and nowhere to put them.

. Archem De-Valued over night I used to roll in thousands of gold every-day on Arche Age just growing Archeum on the massive amount of land I had, but over-night Trion Worlds in one patch instantly de-values stuff rather than in EVE - Online where that doesn't happen due to developers or changes.

I miss Arche Age because it's still one of the best games given the crafting system, although the down-side being the rerade system losing your item compared to Black Desert, but the game was still good Trion Worlds is just too greedy, and ---- to make the changes needed to keep the game alive it's likely going to end up like Defiance and the whales who do stay it doesn't matter when they have no one to play with.

Having actual costume storage in a game like Arche Age is a must especially when a whale is rolling out the big dollars to own every cosmetic piece in a game.

cielyPhry
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    lol they are still calling it an Evolution till now.. Just call it what it is for once.. lol.. the whole world already knows what it is..
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2018
    The game is honestly unsaveable tbh. I say this because its too easy for them to make money as p2w and everyone knows they would make more money with that vs just having 1-2 sub only servers on the side. The remaining population would just bandwagon onto the p2p servers, leaving the p2w whales to either quit or join, that's way too much money loss. 5 whales would dump more money in a month than 2 fully populated sub only servers would make in the same time frame even with a cosmetic only cash shop. That's the real reason why they have annual fresh start servers, not to hook new players but to keep the whales interested. You make so much gold through fresh start in the long term, which is the kind of game AA is.
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95

Scorchien said:

The 3rd parties would still ruin it big time, but it would at least be worth playing. Arche Age needs the black desert trading system and with a sub to play, would be best game ever.

asdasdasd

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Rhoklaw said:

Trion keeps saying, "We've been listening to feedback, blah blah blah..."

Then where is the subscription only server people been asking for for 4 years.

A sub server only is up to XLgame not Trion.
    PhryThupli
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199

DMKano said:

Scorchien said:

Patience.

Good things come to those who wait.

DMKano has literally been saying the same thing since this game launched. I used to think he knew something I didnt. Time has proven he has no idea.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited September 2018
    Greedy POS.

They literally do this on a cycle. Next announcement is another "Fresh Start" server with some features people asked for 3 years before.

Launch > Debacle Merge > Fresh Start > Debacle > Merge > Fresh Start > Debacle > Merge
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Rhoklaw said:

I think people forget that Trion does not own Archeage, Trion are in the same position as Kakao games has with Pearl Abyss, well i say they forget, i think its really just willful blindness. :/
    ConstantineMerusPanther2103
  • SzczepanXSzczepanX Member UncommonPosts: 40
    And there is me who never tried AA before but I gave the game a chance 2 weeks ago and I'm having a great time.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    edited September 2018

SzczepanX said:

And there is me who never tried AA before but I gave the game a chance 2 weeks ago and I'm having a great time.

Maybe, or maybe at 36 posts you work for trion/xl games? I always wonder when I see a low post count... Edit. Your other posts look real, so I actually believe you. Can't knock you for enjoying something.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited September 2018
    Phry said:

Rhoklaw said:

I think people forget that Trion does not own Archeage, Trion are in the same position as Kakao games has with Pearl Abyss, well i say they forget, i think its really just willful blindness. :/
    Yeah, but I do agree with people on the server side of things Trion does run them if they can get them stable or keep the ban up on bots or so. Anything like coding or ingame change more on XLgame even comes down to sub server. I still don't think XLgame will do a sub server ever due to Rift Prime was not a super hit to change thier mind on it. With the whales keeping the game alive so far on Archeage.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Yawn....
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited September 2018
    This game could have been the best in mmorpg genre, I have a lot of fun memories from it. and then they botch it up. I missed sailing and pirating on seas with guilds it was pretty fun. The problem is getting land, land is very limited and people can have multiple plots. I ended up getting no land for all the time I played. Stupid bots auto pick the land even when the bots is not on the spot while I kept trying to get the land going to the spot. In the end I just say screw it and left the game. Some people who never played the game told me I should have paid people for the land which is downward stupid because I already paid Trion to get the land plot. this is just shady business practice. "Hey you want land plot, please pay $15. you don't have a spot to place your land plot? Too bad for you" It's just a smack in the face.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    One of the most boring mmos I ever played. Tried it at Fresh Start and I think I only made it to around level 25 before I gave it up. 

Only thing good about it was the open world.