Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pokémon Go still going strong, currently experiencing its highest player numbers since launch

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Pokémon GO's incredible launch period popularity may have faded a fair amount after several months had passed, but the smartphone game has remained one of the most popular - and highest earning - apps on the market ever since. It appears that the recent addition of trading, which has been introduced as part of GO's recent 'Friends' feature, has started something of a resurgence, however, with revenue figures reaching scarily high numbers once again.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/pokemon_gos_friends_and_trading_update_has_seen_revenue_rise_to_usd2_5_million_per_day

MadFrenchie

Comments

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Pokemon go isn't exactly a mmorpg is it?  It does seemed quite mmorpgish though.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I doubt that: "currently experiencing its highest player numbers since launch"
    I live in a big city and at lunch it was insane you could spot people playing it out in the streets it was viral now you don't see not even one. 
    Kyleran
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    DeadSpock said:
    I live in a big city and at lunch it was insane you could spot people playing it out in the streets it was viral now you don't see not even one. 
    Dont forget at launch it wasnt a global release. 

DMKano said:
    Dragnelus said:
    DeadSpock said:
    Dont forget at launch it wasnt a global release. 

Bingo - nobody I know still plays it - I don't see people playing it out in public anywhere.

So what happened is the game grew via being out everywhere in the world, it didn't grow due to original launch playerbase growing.
    Indeed.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    I live in downtown Denver.  I see people playing it everyday.  Poor guys.

I've got the straight edge.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    El-Hefe said:
    How does one recognize someone who is playing? Maybe I've seen someone and didn't realize it?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Alex175Alex175 Member CommonPosts: 6
    It's strange because I do not see people like zombies on the street with their cell phone trying to catch to pikachu haha...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Kyleran said:
    El-Hefe said:
    How does one recognize someone who is playing? Maybe I've seen someone and didn't realize it?
    There the ones who get a bit excited when they spot a new Pokémon.

Kyleran
    Alex175 said:
    It's strange because I do not see people like zombies on the street with their cell phone trying to catch to pikachu haha...
    They just chill and hang at pokestops and put lures or doing raidbosses.
    MargravePanther2103

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Still a fun game. They keep adding stuff regularly too.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Dragnelus said:
    Alex175 said:
    Oh, perhaps I just mistook them for some sort of weird "hipster" gang activity....

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Dragnelus said:
    Alex175 said:
    I've seen pretty large groups outside of my office before doing raid bosses. I think the general population isn't walking around trying to catch things, everyone is just going to designated areas now so it isn't as much wandering as there was when it first came out.
    Kyleran
    edited September 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Alex175 said:
    Oh, perhaps I just mistook them for some sort of weird "hipster" gang activity....

;)
    Aye they all look the same to me. 

:rolleyes: