Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pc gamer and i just got a Xbox one S and a Playstation 4 Pro for christmas(Early)

gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
I don't know what games to get on each system since I have access to everything now(except switch). Are there any recommendations for games with replayability? Or ones that are on pc(that's what I always game on) but that play well on console(either). The only new game I want badly is dragon ball fighter z.  Thank you for any input.

Comments

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited December 2017
    i have a 1s, 1x and PS4 Pro. The 1x looks/performs the best out of the 3 followed by the PS4 Pro.

Pick up Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 and Last of Us Collectors Edition.  On XB.. if you like DBZ get DBXV2.. The Witcher 3 looks amazing on the XB 1 s and 1x .. also Cuphead is pretty/fun
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    You may want to check out the PLAY ANYWHERE titles from Microsoft as they will run on your XBOX and your Windows 10 system

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    forgot to mention Elder Scrolls Online looks awesome on xb 1s as well.. Conan Exiles also
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2017
    I don't know your gaming taste but i recommend 100% Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4. If you like Dark Souls games then Bloodborne and Nioh on PS4 as well. If you like JRPGs then Persona 5 on PS4 as well. Also Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, which i think is on Steam too.

XB users will surely recommend you some good stuff too, plus the W10/XB play anywhere service. It's a great service if you prefer digital games.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Try monster hunter beta ^  Tbh also get the switch? Zelda, mario odyses, bayonetta 3 exclusive titles.  :smiley:

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Thank you all for the kind input about each system:)
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2017
    Xbox One take a look at  Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 7, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Ryse Son Of Rome, Gears Of War 4, Gears Of War Ultimate, Ori And The Blind Forest, Recore and Halo Wars 2. 

Also make sure you join the Insider Program. You will get beta access to Sea Of Thieves.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Just checking in to commiserate with the OP for being given consoles for Xmas. Don't they know you already have a PC? ;)
    gorro187
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Scot said:
    Just checking in to commiserate with the OP for being given consoles for Xmas. Don't they know you already have a PC? ;)

Oh yes sir they do. I just wanted to visit the plebs of the lower realms and make sure the kingdoms were not burning. :
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I have the Xbox One S white model that came with free Minecraft with all the current addon packs (free.) I'll never play Minecraft and waiting for a good multiplayer experience. Fortnite PVE mode is pretty ok for now.
  • ThevigilanteThevigilante Member CommonPosts: 6
    Wow, you sure lucked out. You got two consoles for one Christmas? I know that must of been one heck of a Christmas for you. Now that you've had them for a while, which one do you find that you play more often? 
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    First off congrats, sounds like an awesome early Xmas!  I had both for awhile but I found I played on my PC and PS4 almost all the time.  The Xbox just never got used since there were very few games on it that were exclusives that I wanted to play,  every game i wanted to play imo was better on a PS4 or PC.  For me the sports titles were much better on a PS4 over the Xbox One and eventually I got sold it.  Hopefully you will more games on all the systems to keep you going.
  • xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    There are a lot of great games for the PS4, I doubt you'll be able to touch your Xbox.  :D
    Never give up ~
  • JamesErhartJamesErhart Member CommonPosts: 6
    I like dragon ball fighter games because it is a fighter game, there is never a point come when I put down my controllers and can say that I fully understood all the best and worst things about it. And in between PS4 and Xbox one s I will suggest you PS4. And if you want to go with x box 1 s then try it on windows 10.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Persona 5 for the PS4
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I have all the consoles except Switch and mainly game on PC too. I just get the big exclusives on consoles that I can't get on PC:

Halo Masterchief Collection
    Halo 5
    All the Gears of War games (the 360 ones work on Xbox One too)
    God of War
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Bloodborne
    The Last of Us Remastered
    The whole Uncharted Series
    Persona 5
    Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix 
    Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue
    Lots of exclusive jRPGs on PS4
    Any exclusive sports games I'm interested in

Check out this list if you want to know about all the exclusives (upcoming too) and remember that a lot of Xbox 360 games work on Xbox One now:

Best list of console exclusives

All 360 games that work on Xbox One
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Luetta13thLuetta13th Member CommonPosts: 7
    Old thread, any update on how the 2 consoles are holding up? I actually got both on Christmas too, but I find that I use my Ps4 way more than I do the Xbox. 
  • Ps4proboyPs4proboy Member CommonPosts: 6
     TheDarkrayne said:
    I have all the consoles except Switch and mainly game on PC too. I just get the big exclusives on consoles that I can't get on PC:

Halo Masterchief Collection
    Halo 5
    All the Gears of War games (the 360 ones work on Xbox One too)
    God of War
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Bloodborne
    The Last of Us Remastered
    The whole Uncharted Series
    Persona 5
    Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix 
    Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue
    Lots of exclusive jRPGs on PS4
    Any exclusive sports games I'm interested in

Check out this list if you want to know about all the exclusives (upcoming too) and remember that a lot of Xbox 360 games work on Xbox One now:

Best list of console exclusives

All 360 games that work on Xbox One
    Nice choice of games bro. I'm in the same boat as well having every console. I even still have my atari. I haven't fired it up in aged, but I still got it packed away in a box somewhere. PC games own console graphics.. but I still love playing my ps4.
  • PlayKing1920PlayKing1920 Member CommonPosts: 6
    So now that its been almost a year later, which one got the most play? (Please say Playstation, lol). Did you ever end up getting any new systems since then?