Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THQ Nordic Acquires IP Rights from 38 Studios - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    PogChamp
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    momintim said:
    The possibility of there being an HD version or a sequel of Reckoning made me pop a tent in my pants.... a proud one at that.
    It really doesn't need an HD version. A couple of months back I reloaded KOA and played it through a couple of times.

Its graphics have actually aged very well thanks to its WOW-like art style, If someone saw it for the first time today they would no idea its actually a 6-yr-old game.

And @Hariken is right, Chakrams are the coolest mage weapon ever :)
    SolancerHariken
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lahnmir said:
    THQ has been on quite a roll lately, great! Now if they would be so kind to rebalance KoA so it has some proper challenge that would be greatly appreciated.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

trick to that is stay to the Main Quest / there are far to many side quests and they OP you pretty quickly , dont do to many of the side quests , unless you feel you need a level or 2 to progress the Main Story
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Ah, Kingdom of Amalur. Stopped playing halfway because it was super boring.
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Hmm interesting. I always thought the MMO should have been released first. When KoA was done first instead, my first thought was that the studio probably wouldn't last long enough to produce the MMO. 

The single player game was just 1 of many in a sea of quality games already out. If they did the MMO though, I think the timing would have been ideal, by the time it was finished because of the lack of competition. I definitely would have tried it then. Of course if it didn't turn out somewhat good, the timing wouldn't have mattered anyway, lol.

I wouldn't mind a remaster either for the ps4. Barely got to play it originally, and I no longer have my ps3.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I lived in RI at the time and played mmorpgs and still had no idea what all the drama was about. I know the state lent them money, but I never really understood the drama around the closing of the studio. Was the drama founded? Or did they just close for regular reasons?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited September 2018
    I want to purchase the rights to punch Curt Schilling in the face, does THQ have this now? I know, WTF but that guy is a grade A doucher. He ran 38 in the ground and hijacked Rhode Island for $$$ it provided.
    Oyjord
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Make KOA A MMORPG, or in the very most an open world Multi-Player game like Diablo.
  • bleedeaglebleedeagle Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I would rather see the game become more Open World, story choice driven RPG Single to Co-op game rather than a large MMORPG. As MMO's tend to have a higher chance to fail nowdays. I really loved this game and played it multiple installations so as long as i even get a remastered longer version i am happy.
    Valentina
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It's hard to get a feel for this without knowing how much was paid.  If it was bought on the cheap they may just be after some tech or maybe a port of the single player game.  I'm not sure how valuable that MMO code is, I'm guessing not very as it's old now and was never released