Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bungie's New Reward System Ties In-Game Activities to All Sorts of Destiny 2 Goodies - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBungie's New Reward System Ties In-Game Activities to All Sorts of Destiny 2 Goodies - MMORPG.com

With the launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken, Bungie also announced it's new "Bungie Rewards" program that allows players to complete in-game tasks to earn real world and in-game items. The first offer challenges players to work through the Forsaken campaign by the end of September in order to receive a digital download of the Forsaken soundtrack, over 110 minutes of music.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Resorting to bribery now... eh?
    DeadSpockinfomatzmazutMargrave
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

LurchUSA said:

Don't be that guy. Things that every game does, like preorder bonuses, are much worse than this. This is extra free rewards for people who were already going to play it anyway.

Incentives to play are much better than incentives to pay.
    SBFordDeadSpockConstantineMerusWraithoneThaharPsym0n
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

LurchUSA said:

Don't be that guy. Things that every game does, like preorder bonuses, are much worse than this. This is extra free rewards for people who were already going to play it anyway.

Incentives to play are much better than incentives to pay.
    100% agreed. I think it's fantastic. As you said, something for people who are already playing. :)

ScottJeslisConstantineMerusThahar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    hows the game now? ive never heard anything good about it yet,there were so many complaints that i ignored it. but watching some videos i like the gunplay,the weapon and armor designs.

Did they fix all that stuff that ppl were hating prior?
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Well, Forsaken is running rather well right now. I can't say I agree with some of the design decisions, but for now its much akin to the Taken King expansion, that saved destiny 1. Given that this is the second time that High Moon has saved them, Activision should give the game to them, and fold whats left of Bungie into their in house operation.

Its really difficult for me to believe that this is the same Bungie that did the great Halo games of the past. But then people and companies change, and not always for the better.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    arbi15 said:
    hows the game now? ive never heard anything good about it yet,there were so many complaints that i ignored it. but watching some videos i like the gunplay,the weapon and armor designs.

Did they fix all that stuff that ppl were hating prior?
    Destiny 2 is fine. It's always been fine. The problem is that it's only a sequel because they called it one. It uses tons of the first games' assets and pretty much all the classes, enemies and weapons were the same with only a few exceptions (they've added more new ones now). It was also low on content, like Destiny 1 was, and to get your complete game you have to pay for it multiple times with the season pass... and now the expansion... and also the expansion's season pass. Some idiot somewhere decided that season passes' should actually have seasons, instead of being the all in one purchase option they were always originally intended to be.

The complaints have never been about the gameplay, it's more about the way it's been released. It could have easily been another expansion to Destiny 1 but instead they made it separate and stand alone, made everyone pay a premium price tag again and made everyone start their characters again.. and threw all the old content into the void. Which was pretty crazy for a game that's well known for being low on content.

It's not that it has been handled badly, as if they did it by mistake. This is their business plan. They have a number of people sat in a room looking at purchase and user data and they determine that doing it this way will make more money, regardless of whether or not it hurts the game in the long run and pisses people off.

But... if you've got the money to burn and want to buy the ultimate package that includes everything then you'll probably have a lot of fun with it. Just expect to be really let down when they release Destiny 3 and it's practically the same game again with the best stuff from Destiny 2 striped away so you have to pay for it again later and costs about $100.
    infomatzThahararbi15Valentina
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Playing this game I just realized they found a way to charge for quests. They call them bounties which you buy from an NPC vendor. You have to do five of them to get the vendors trust. The quests are time limited 24 hours and some are seven days. Some tie into the main story and you can level up without them but not if you want to see the entire story I think. You pay for them with items found in drops which you get a lot of. It wouldn't take too much to add special quests that you can buy with silver from the cash shop. They aren't doing this now but they could.

When you think about it a DLC is just a series of quests anyways. Would the next step be to charge for special quests which guaranteed special items?
    cmacq

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited September 2018
    No mentioning about the cluster feck up with the Infusion system they stealth patched into 2.0.0.1 ?

Feels very "Bait and Switch" with this sudden unannounced change in the Infusion system.

All infusions require Master Cores now. It has become a ridiculous grind, where even notorious Asian games are getting a run for their money.

It's now practically impossible to use your favorite collected armor and weapons anymore, unless you are a no-life 24/7 player that had a couple thousand shards stored in their inventory.

Whoever thought this was a good change at Bungie should be instantly fired! One of the worst changes they have ever done to their Destiny games.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/248349294?sort=0&page=0

-------------------------

Next! The Ace of Spades gun from Cayde. A pre-order bonus item (ornament). A PVE story item and what does Bungie do yet again?  Pull a ridiculous PVP quest step requirement in it!
    Yet another bait and switch prank by Bungie. They are so stone headed and arrogant over there, that they keep finding ways to screw over people who hate PVP!
    Fine that there are PVP exclusive exotics. Perfectly fine! But a PVE story exotic, part of pre-order bonus and locking it behind a ridiculous PVP quest step is huge Facepalm!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/248360387?sort=0&page=0

Sometimes you really wonder if they run a funded "Psychology research" project at Destiny to see how far they can mentally push gamers. /facepalm

Post edited by JeroKane on
    Psym0n
  • arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    i guess ill pass and keep playing warframe then
  • hanslauferhanslaufer Member UncommonPosts: 13
    not to mention that you must buy the first 2 failed dlc's to play forsaken ! Thats 60$ for a dlc , other companies would include the old stuff if its realy needed , just a nother cash grab it seems .
    arbi15
    edited September 2018
    arbi15 said:
    You may really like the game despite their business model. Might be best to keep an eye out for when there's another free trial weekend and decide for yourself.

I expect there to be one soon once the expansion launch hype has died down.
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

arbi15 said:

You may really like the game despite their business model. Might be best to keep an eye out for when there's another free trial weekend and decide for yourself.

I expect there to be one soon once the expansion launch hype has died down.

You are a real fanboy. The game was never fine, it was universally blasted from the get go plagued with issues and bungie has been constantly bungling over and over trying to address. The core physics of the game play FEEL GREAT, the world looks GREAT, the actual gameplay?? epic garbage of thinly veiled hamster wheel treadmills. None of which are fun beyond your first pass through the content. Many very poorly designed systems, terrible itemization, scaling etc... game is nothing but a beautiful over priced shell.