Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anyone 55+ years old playing mobile games?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
I can't. Too tiny for these eyes. Maybe others my age or older do better?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    My dad plays mobile games and hes 55, but he also has an Iphone 8+ so it's relatively large. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2018
    Make an effort to not tense your eye muscles when you catch yourself doing it, relax them as much as possible.  When working at the computer look away at distant objects as much as possible.  When outside make an effort to stare at distance objects that are as far away as possible.  Research natural supplements that strengthen vision and take those.  

Research, research, research, and stick with those things that are easy to do from time to time.

Buy a tablet. :smile:
    AmathePhaserlight

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Alex175Alex175 Member CommonPosts: 6
    My mother constantly plays games on your mobile phone, generally plays puzzle games and the like. When she gets tired, she chooses to play on a tablet...
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I qualify on the age part of this, but fail because I don't want any form of mobile phone.  I'm not important enough to need to be in constant contact with anyone.  Also, I happen to like my money more than wireless service commercials (and contracts with their nasty, nasty fees).  A proper keyboard plays into it too.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Not qualifying for 55+ but I am close to it. I only play mobile games sometimes during vacation when I can't get access to a pc. But next to never on my smart phone as display is too tiny, only on a 7 inch tablet. It's ok but I wouldn't call it a great experience which might be because most mobile games suck imo. ;)
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    I play on a 6.4 inch phablet with no problems.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Make an effort to not tense your eye muscles when you catch yourself doing it, relax them as much as possible.  When working at the computer look away at distant objects as much as possible.  When outside make an effort to stare at distance objects that are as far away as possible.  Research natural supplements that strengthen vision and take those.  

Research, research, research, and stick with those things that are easy to do from time to time.

Buy a tablet. :smile:
    It's just a natural part of getting older, for me it started at 49 when all of a sudden I could no longer read the ingredient labels in the grocery store.

https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/good-vision-throughout-life/adult-vision-19-to-40-years-of-age/adult-vision-41-to-60-years-of-age

As to the topic at hand. The only mobile game I play is Spider Solitaire while I'm sitting on the shitter or trying to kill some time while out ;)

And I do need my reading glasses to be able to play :( 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    laserit said:
    It's just a natural part of getting older, for me it started at 49 when all of a sudden I could no longer read the ingredient labels in the grocery store.
    In the evenings I watch tv and piddle with my phone. For tv I need my glasses. For the phone I need my glasses off.

On, off, on, off ...

Gaaaaaaaaah.
    laserit

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    laserit said:
    In the evenings I watch tv and piddle with my phone. For tv I need my glasses. For the phone I need my glasses off.

On, off, on, off ...

Gaaaaaaaaah.
    I'm still amazed at how quickly my sight went from being normal to not being able to read without glasses.

40 "I feel just as good as I did when I turned 30"

50 "Shit"

;)

AmatheGameolioDan

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I clicked "inSIGHTful" for your response.

laseritMadFrenchie

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    laserit said:
    Amathe said:
    laserit said:

On, off, on, off ...

Gaaaaaaaaah.
    I'm still amazed at how quickly my sight went from being normal to not being able to read without glasses.

50 "Shit"

;)

Wait 'til you're sixty; cataracts.

Good news at 70.  The cataracts  may be bad enough to get replacement lenses with 20/20 sight.
    laserit[Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ElalandElaland Member UncommonPosts: 40
    laserit said:
    Amathe said:
    laserit said:

On, off, on, off ...

Gaaaaaaaaah.

50 "Shit"

;)

60 "Why am I in a home with stairs?"

I more than qualify on the age, and as far as mobile games go I only use simple ones to pass time waiting such as in a doctor's office; I never use my phone for serious gaming.  I'm not even crazy about a normal laptop to play on.  I much prefer my full sized screen, gaming keyboard, and mmo mouse.
    laserit
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    Amathe said:
    I can't. Too tiny for these eyes. Maybe others my age or older do better?

I am 63. I have played several games on my iphone and Ipad. Not one of them is worth the bother and that is not just because of the small screens....although why we would WANT to play any of them on small screens is beyond me. I don't play them because they are not very good. I don't care what game anyone here might point to, they just aren't that good.
    laseritAmathe

Let's party like it is 1863!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    It amazes me how old some of you guys are when I read your posts.  I don't mean that as an insult, either.  Some of you old geezers are hip.
    AmatheElaland

• ElalandElaland Member UncommonPosts: 40
    It amazes me how old some of you guys are when I read your posts.  I don't mean that as an insult, either.  Some of you old geezers are hip.
    I'm sure I am not the only one who appreciates your complement.  Grandkids definitely think we're cool with the gaming.  I ride a Harley with even older friends too (recent 1200 mile trip).  The body may complain sometimes, but life is worth living and fun is worth having!
    laseritMadFrenchieAmatheGameolioDan
    Elaland said:
    I'm sure I am not the only one who appreciates your complement.  Grandkids definitely think we're cool with the gaming.  I ride a Harley with even older friends too (recent 1200 mile trip).  The body may complain sometimes, but life is worth living and fun is worth having!
    Cool

I did a 6000 mile trip hitting 9 states ( put my foot in New Mexico which makes it 10 ;) ) earlier this summer on my Harley
    AmatheElalandKyleran

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Some grandpa in asia:

MadFrenchie

• Ps4proboyPs4proboy Member CommonPosts: 6
    Nope, can't say that I'm that old.. but I can say I hope that when I do reach that age that I'm still actively playing video games, as well as still being active in the gaming communities. I think that's so rad.
    AmatheGameolioDan
  • DwaaawffulDwaaawfful Member UncommonPosts: 65
    tbh I think by that age, the most popular games are Funeral Arranger 3, Will Writer II, and Denture Dash Online.
    KyleranElaland
    Stumpiness & Unbridled Misery Masquerading as VIRTUE

Need an AI-Free Elf Names Generator to bring your next elven character to life? Why ... course you do, you darn fool!