Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RESPAWN RSP-400 Review: A Bold Entry Into the “Big and Tall” Chair Arena - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageRESPAWN RSP-400 Review: A Bold Entry Into the “Big and Tall” Chair Arena - MMORPG.com

Last year, RESPAWN dropped into the gaming chair market out of nowhere with an entire line up of chairs, including the gamer-focused RSP-200 which we reviewed here at MMORPG. Out of the myriad of options, the one chair missing from this line-up was something for the big and tall. RESPAWN answers the call with the RSP-400. Might this titan be the chair for you? Read on for our full review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Just what we need, another gamer racing chair brand that look and function nearly identical as all the others.
    JeffSpicoliceh430
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited September 2018
    I'm old school, when its time for a new chair i like going to office depot and planting my fat ass on each and every chair on the showroom floor before making my decision.
    dingleyz
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    The thing about this one I like is the weight limit. I'm not 400, but I'm 6' 4" and about 270. Most of these gaming chairs are made for stick figures.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks comfy. Decent price.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Hardly what I'd consider a "Bold" entry, looks like all the others.
    --------------------------------------------
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Nice article -- and it actually addresses the issue that is hardest for me to tell without a few hours in one myself... the heat problem is real! I've been using a mesh seat for about 15 years now (Herman Miller Aerons, usually) and haven't had any problems with mesh.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Covered in SofThread leather (a bonded leather). No Thanks that type of leather is the worst.
    [Deleted User]

• MoyabaMoyaba Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I recently talked to a DACH-Manager at AK-Racing. There are only 3 real manufacturers of gaming chairs havingtheir own production sites, quality control, development and so on. Namely AKracing, DXracer and Underseat. Everyone else is just branding stuff from chinese contract manufacturers. That's why the look the same. Yes, their (AK racing and so on) sites are in China too, and I am sure they buy a lot of the parts from those same chinese manufacturers, but assembling parts themselves and developing new models, parts and so on makes a huge difference.
  • Pastor_DamePastor_Dame Member UncommonPosts: 37

Hardly what I'd consider a "Bold" entry, looks like all the others.

When I chose the word "bold," I was going a little more with the "show of confidence" more than of "strong appearance" - though it is impressive in its scale.

While it may not be a new design it is a bold move in the sense that, for a subsidiary company just exiting its first year, this is a new product on top of their already full and varied lineup of chairs.

Thanks for reading!