Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spiderman Co-Creator Passes Away =(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited July 2018 in General Gaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    *sigh*  Another icon gone.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NumeroUnomynameNumeroUnomyname Member CommonPosts: 6
    Rest in Peace; As for me, Doctor strange is bigger creation from him rather than Spider-man; In fact I don't like the hype around the SP-M, cause D. Strange is better than any character
    psychosiz1
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    The place gets colder when a creator of worlds passes.... This combined with hearing about how Stan Lee's been treated over the years is a real steel toed kick to the junk man.

Gut Out!
    Octagon7711ScotJeffSpicoli

What, me worry?

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    Gutlard said:
    The place gets colder when a creator of worlds passes.... This combined with hearing about how Stan Lee's been treated over the years is a real steel toed kick to the junk man.

Gut Out!
    I have actually read that Stan gets a lot more credit for the superheroes than he deserves, largely because of him pushing out a partner.  Can't remember if it was Ditko, but I don't think it was.

So while mistreatment in any case is bad, I'm not sure Stan's actually clean of such behavior in business.

Sorry to hear Ditko has passed. :/

EDIT- believe the co-creator I was trying to think of is Jack Kirby.  Anyways, that's business for ya.

• emilyidkemilyidk Member CommonPosts: 7
    Awwww...... RIP it's sad to hear that. Well the games he created will always be here with us :) <3
  • techblogger911techblogger911 Member CommonPosts: 18
    Oh! RIP. You will be missed.
  • JunebugircJunebugirc Member CommonPosts: 6
    Big Rest in peace to a legend and solid icon. All spidey fans will miss you broski. I'm sure his name will forever live on to true spiderman fans till the end of time, as spider man will always be here. R.i.p. to a great one.
  • Alex175Alex175 Member CommonPosts: 6
    For people like Steve Ditko Spiderman and the superheroic comic would not be what they are today. Thanks for so much RIP
  • Ps4proboyPs4proboy Member CommonPosts: 6
    These was a horrible day for spider fans, sorry for the loss. But his name and Spider man will forever live on thru the fans, that's for sure. Rest is peace amigo.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    T.T

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    edited September 2018
    NM...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    A true great who launched what we think of as the Marvel way of drawing comics.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!
    I have actually read that Stan gets a lot more credit for the superheroes than he deserves, largely because of him pushing out a partner.  Can't remember if it was Ditko, but I don't think it was.

So while mistreatment in any case is bad, I'm not sure Stan's actually clean of such behavior in business.

Sorry to hear Ditko has passed. :/

EDIT- believe the co-creator I was trying to think of is Jack Kirby.  Anyways, that's business for ya.
    That's nothing...If you want to read about someone really taking it in the butt google the story about who really created Superman..
    MadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• DwaaawffulDwaaawfful Member UncommonPosts: 65
    What distinguished Marvel from its rivals back in the early days was the human-centred storytelling underlying the superhero SHAZAM.

Key to this were Ditko's portrayals of Peter Parker's life.

You see all emotions in these classic block panel comics — a snapshot of American life played out better than any soap opera.

What distinguished Dr Strange were the surreal landscapes where the Master of the Mystic Arts battled Baron Mordo, Dormammu and a host of other offbeat sorcerer villains.

However, my personal favourite Ditko tales were the pulp horror shorts that featured in Silver Age classics such as Fear, Where Monsters Dwell and Where Creatures Roam.

Kirby penned a lot of these also, but Ditko's style delivered way more of the necessary CREEP FACTOR.

In "I Must Find Korumbu" and "The Gentle Old Man" we see Ditko deliver a visual masterclass.

Every twist in the tale is revealed in the characters' facial expressions as the full horror of their plight unfolds.

Yummy stuff.
    MendelScot
    Stumpiness & Unbridled Misery Masquerading as VIRTUE

Need an AI-Free Elf Names Generator to bring your next elven character to life? Why ... course you do, you darn fool!
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited September 2018
    Sad news indeed  :(
  • Muppetrat123Muppetrat123 Member CommonPosts: 6
    Sorry to hear that, well good people always die first right? RIP
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Rest in peace :(