Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THQ:N acquires Amalur IP

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,947
edited September 2018 in General Gaming
It seems that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel for Amalur IP. I just stumbled on it by chance:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-09-06-thq-nordic-acquires-ip-rights-to-kingdoms-of-amalur

Hm...interesting.
TorvalConstantineMerus

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 10,706
    Interesting.  I picked the singleplayer game up way back but never got a chance to play it.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,134
    Now this could be some good news. THQ Nordic has been quietly (and not so quietly)  buying up lingering or small isolated IPs and doing something with them. I love that. I hope they do something cool with this.
    Gorwe
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,947
    Torval said:
    Now this could be some good news. THQ Nordic has been quietly (and not so quietly)  buying up lingering or small isolated IPs and doing something with them. I love that. I hope they do something cool with this.
    Yeah, THQ:N has been slowly building its niche in the gaming market. And it looks good tbh. Now, if only someone got a hold of Dungeon Siege IP and remastered the first two. I'm a big fan of second especially, but even the first is a very good game.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,682
    edited September 2018
    Interesting.  I picked the singleplayer game up way back but never got a chance to play it.
       I finished little while ago , really fun game , one piece of advice i would give to anyone jumping into .. Stay the Main Quest line and only due side quest when you start feeling to weak to progress ..
      The side quests are great for picking up some xp and gear , but if you do them all or to many you will trivialize the Main Story content ..it becomes to easy
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 33,117