Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP Games Acquired by Black Desert Online Creators Pearl Abyss - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>>....then launch EVE in .... China .... With regional servers. Parrallel universes! >>>

Again ?

Have fun
    Phry
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited September 2018

Started out with 7 people. Put all they had into 1 game and now look at them. Take notes, this is how its done.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Yes im a little worried, one of the things that kept me 12 years in EvE was ccp, but, if they are a wholly independent subsidury then thy will still be in charge of the game.
    Of course the cash-shop is a worry, but i cannot see how with the current gameplay how a p2w will be added.
    Given we already have skill injectors / plex / skins i cannot see how things can change, if your real life rich you can buy a fully maxed out toon for just £25,000 or so, so that doesn't change, the fact you can theen log in and get owned as you suck, so how does that change?
    There is no enhancement in EvE like bdo for gear, i played BDO for the first 12 months until it got to point that gear score was just about the cash you put in... So will be interesting to see how the venture will go.

Im sure lots of people will jump on the p2w of PA, but lets give this time, i would expect to see some impact by maybe next summer/autumn on how PA are involved, only then will we know if its the death or even 'rebirth' of EvE. 

Obviously i hope its the latter, as im also sure that 99% of people on this forum do, the one thing EvE has which most pople agree with is the fact they showed that a small team and a niche game can survive over time lets hope that PA don't destroy what 1000s off people have built up over 15 years
    PhryAgent_Joseph5CARLLeTT

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Gender locked ships.
    ConstantineMerusTyranusPrimecielyTEKK3NAlomarKyleranPhaserlightanemogegecoucTuor7and 1 other.
  • KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited September 2018
    Hopefully this makes Spreadsheets-In-Space more playable for the masses instead of the diehard zealots that currently play it.  I stopped playing EVE years ago because I decided that I cared about all the work I decided to put into the game and a large portion of the game's population decided that the mentality of an 8 year old playground bully is more fun.

On the other hand, it could also make BDO that much worse, but then again I haven't played BDO in a year or so either, though I was considering trying it out again with all the changes incoming.
    AlomarSolar_ProphetTuor7Panserbjorne39
  • DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134
    RNG Ship Upgrades, "costumes" to enhance every little job and activity, space pets and some kinda afk space fishing, here we come.

There's always the tiny, miniscule chance this could NOT turn into a giant train wreck dumpster fire... but I'm not willing to bet on that.
    SpottyGekkoAlomarPhaserlight5CARLLeTT
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wasn't CCP working on a FPS set in the EVE universe or something?
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Albatroes said:
    Wasn't CCP working on a FPS set in the EVE universe or something?
    World of Darkness (engine to be reused in EVE for avatars and walking in stations). IP sold in the meantime.

Dust 514 free to play FPS (on Playstation 3)

Project "Nova" and Project "Legion" were (are ?) planned offshots (Unreal Engine) of DUST 514.

Have fun

Phaserlight
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    ahh just thought of th PA p2w mechanism

buy +1 skills for plex, so instead of +5 being max you can buy upto +3 levels for cash *sarcasm*
    5CARLLeTT

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

edited September 2018
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Started out with 7 people. Made 1 game which was their 1st game and look at them now. Take notes, this is how its done.

Every successful company has small roots - I am yet to hear of a company that starts of as s billion dollar 50,000 employee company on day 1 from scratch.

So "this is how its done" - literally every successful business ever

XD
    What company made their 1st game which was a mmo that went on to be as successful as BDO and has done what Pearl has done. 

Pearl was an unknown company and made Black Desert which was a brand new unknown IP. 

Not talking about roots. What other company did what Pearl has done.?
    Post edited by Mikeha on
  • arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    if i was a EVE player, i would be really pissed and scared right now
    Agent_JosephAlomarPhaserlight5CARLLeTT
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Margrave said:
    I always found EVE boring. Maybe they can liven it up some.
    sure liven it up with some heavy p2w, pay 50k dollars and you can wipe a entire fleet by yourself  :p
    5CARLLeTT
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    CCP has always had a great sense of humour...

They named the latest expansion "Into the Abyss", then sold their company to Pearl Abyss !

Priceless ! :D
    MikehaErillionPhryAgent_JosephanemogegecoucOctagon7711Tuor7Panserbjorne395CARLLeTT
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    I wonder how much cash i can get for  180mil sp toon before the shits worthless
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Finally we will see space ships with huge breasts!
    WalkinGlennPhryAgent_JosephPhaserlightOctagon7711
  • Lightningstalk3rLightningstalk3r Member UncommonPosts: 13
    no new games ever again prlly cuz u dual box and random 10k dota 2 in very high skill.
    no dev wants to listen to u ticket and report all day and dual box from the same ip. and pretend you own twitch lol
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136

I wonder how much cash i can get for  180mil sp toon before the shits worthless

I'll give you $1.
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I mean this doesn't mean THAT much... Yet.  I'm sure they will want their investment back, but doesn't Eve already have the option to buy things for money and sell them for ISK? I don't know what else they could really add that would change that drastically. Maybe directly buying skill upgrades for money?
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Ugh, I'm currently playing Eve and have been on and off for 13 years. I can tell you the sentiment and overall reaction to this by the community is not good. I've played BDO and don't want that type of game development or management in anything I play.
    [Deleted User]Phaserlight5CARLLeTT
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    The EvE forums must be on fire right now. Haven't even looked yet
    edited September 2018
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Started out with 7 people. Made 1 game which was their 1st game and look at them now. Take notes, this is how its done.

Every successful company has small roots - I am yet to hear of a company that starts of as s billion dollar 50,000 employee company on day 1 from scratch.

XD
    What company made their 1st game which was a mmo that went on to be as successful as BDO and has done what Pearl has done. 

Pearl was an unknown company and made Black Desert which was a brand new unknown IP. 

Everquest 1 - 989 Studios - ushered a whole new genre of 3D MMORPGs - there wouldn't be BDO without these guys most likely

Asheron's Call 1 - turbine

Anarchy Online - Funcom

basically any gen1 MMORPG 

how about that, hmm? 

As far as non-MMO games with original IPs that made it huge 

League of Legends - RIOT

or 

Diablo - Blizzard

Starcraft - Blizzard

etc...

Please stop making a big deal out of something that has been done for 15+ years before Pearl Abyss even existed.

Heck even take a small company like Trion - their first game was Rift - unknown IP, unknown company - they made $100million in the first 6 months of Rift launch.

Does that count?

Please provide links to any of the companies you named who had no prior gaming history and made a MMO as successful as BDO and are now as successful a company as Pearl because of that game. 

MMOs Only please.

Everquest was developed by Sony Online Entertainment.

Again,

Pearl Abyss was a unknown company that has with no connection to any well known company.

Solar_Prophet
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

kitarad said:

I suppose EVE players can look forward to some great outfits .

Maybe BDO will get spaceships.
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

XD

Everquest 1 - 989 Studios - ushered a whole new genre of 3D MMORPGs - there wouldn't be BDO without these guys most likely

Asheron's Call 1 - turbine

Anarchy Online - Funcom

basically any gen1 MMORPG 

how about that, hmm? 

As far as non-MMO games with original IPs that made it huge 

League of Legends - RIOT

or 

Diablo - Blizzard

Starcraft - Blizzard

etc...

Please stop making a big deal out of something that has been done for 15+ years before Pearl Abyss even existed.

Heck even take a small company like Trion - their first game was Rift - unknown IP, unknown company - they made $100million in the first 6 months of Rift launch.

Does that count?

Everquest was developed by Sony Online Entertainment.

No, it was not.

It was PUBLISHED by SOE, it was developed by 989 studios and Verant interactive.
    TheScavenger
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    This is great. Maybe they'll make the game fun, and finish walking in stations and stuff

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited September 2018
    Mikeha said:
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

XD

Hmm, besides CCP? Not sure.

Well to be honest they did create a board game first to help fund the MMO.

Found another, Turbine with Asherons Call.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon