Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Review - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Lol those are some pretty weak pros and strong cons imo.
    Ozmodan
    Isaiah 41:10
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Its terrible imo , not gonna play much longer , Hunter Marksamn tree now basically consist of 3 skills .. So fucking bad .. and these Tables Fuck these tables what unimaginative lazy shit ... ..
      Back to UO :)
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Waste of money and time for sure :(
  • waipowrectdeapr1976waipowrectdeapr1976 Member CommonPosts: 8
    Everyone complains (including me) but they keep coming back. It's bloody addicting. I always say I won't buy the latest expansion..... but I always do.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Everyone complains (including me) but they keep coming back. It's bloody addicting. I always say I won't buy the latest expansion..... but I always do.
    True for most part. And some stick with it no matter what. But...

WoD is proof that a bad expansion can drive off a vast amount of players.

We'll see if BFA is better, same or worse in WoD in terms of retaining players.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited September 2018

Huh?  WoD was far superior to Legion in just about every facet.  I stopped playing Legion less than a month after launch.  Legion was a horrible change to Wow.

I have not bought this expansion.  I will wait until at least the first major patch before I try it.

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I haven't reached BfA-content yet. When the expansion was released I started playing on a new Warrior. Only reached level 75 and I'm having a blast so far. Yes the game is easier, but there's so much content. I'll probably switch to TESO in a few months or wait until Camelot Unchained, but I am pretty sure I'll enjoy the game until then.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Ozmodan said:

Huh?  WoD was far superior to Legion in just about every facet.  I stopped playing Legion less than a month after launch.  Legion was a horrible change to Wow.

I have not bought this expansion.  I will wait until at least the first major patch before I try it.

Of course you forgot to mention this is your opinion. Mine is completely opposite, weird how that works.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited September 2018
    Scorchien said:
     Its terrible imo , not gonna play much longer , Hunter Marksamn tree now basically consist of 3 skills .. So fucking bad .. and these Tables Fuck these tables what unimaginative lazy shit ... ..
    I agree that Marksman Hunter is not in a good place.  I enjoyed the way it played in Legion, but I guess many didn't so Blizzard decided to rework the spec again ... but the BfA version does not feel like an improvement to me.

And on the Mission Tables, man, don't even get me started.  I'm glad their significance has been reduced yet again in this expansion, but why are they still in the game at all?  The developer who came up with the Mission Table concept must have some dirt on a higher up that they're using as blackmail to keep their garbage idea in the game.  They really need to put a bullet that shit.
    I kind of disagree on the MM.  I feel like it's in a better place now.  It still revolves around Aimed Shot proccing Arcane shot buffs, but it seems more fluid to me even with the Haste changes.

It's still (and likely always will be) a crutch in PvP to rely so heavily on a cast time ability, but combining double tap with camoflouge is a helluva stealth opener. 

The spec suffers from the whims of RNGesus.  Lock and Load is not nearly reliable enough to depend on for anything.  Crit and damage buff procs really make me feel like I have limited control over my damage capabilities.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Scorchien said:
    Tables are not mandatory In the least. I just ignore them. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Scorchien said:
    I agree that Marksman Hunter is not in a good place.  I enjoyed the way it played in Legion, but I guess many didn't so Blizzard decided to rework the spec again ... but the BfA version does not feel like an improvement to me.

And on the Mission Tables, man, don't even get me started.  I'm glad their significance has been reduced yet again in this expansion, but why are they still in the game at all?  The developer who came up with the Mission Table concept must have some dirt on a higher up that they're using as blackmail to keep their garbage idea in the game.  They really need to put a bullet that shit.
    I kind of disagree on the MM.  I feel like it's in a better place now.  It still revolves around Aimed Shot proccing Arcane shot buffs, but it seems more fluid to me even with the Haste changes.

It's still (and likely always will be) a crutch in PvP to rely so heavily on a cast time ability, but combining double tap with camoflouge is a helluva stealth opener. 

The spec suffers from the whims of RNGesus.  Lock and Load is not nearly reliable enough to depend on for anything.  Crit and damage buff procs really make me feel like I have limited control over my damage capabilities.
    I need to play with it more with my Goblin Hunter, but my initial impressions in the pre-patch left me feeling a bit "meh" about it.  Maybe it'll grow on me over time.
    The haste buffs from Azerite Armor definitely help.  That's kinda been a sticking point for me throughout the expansion though, as I'm not a huge fan of these buffs they seem to be pushing to replace the stacking of secondaries ala Legion.

• feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited September 2018
    Here's my review - rushed to release several months early for no apparent reason (dont coincide with a movie release or any gaming con's or any anniversaries) and pushed out without full beta testing while ignoring the mountain of test reviews/complaints/bug reports they did get. Azerite gear is clunky and doesnt really serve any purpose - and the traits you unlock with that slow azerite grind are somewhere between lackluster and useless, plus the three slots they take up - chest, helm and shoulders lack any secondary stats at all, so they dont even provide stat stick benefit.

Everything is gated behind time sinks - rep, wq's, war fronts, new races, raid, LFR ... and most of it is just killing time waiting or endless quests of kill 10 of 'x' and return their heads/bones/eyes because apparently the battle between horde and alliance requires mass mountains of frog eyes and murloc hides.

Another issue is scaling - you're at your most powerful at the old legion cap of 110, then each level from 111-120 you actually slide backward; even though your level, ilvl and health pool keeps going up with gear upgrades and each level earned, secondary stats of mastery and crit scale quite badly, and haste at least to my destro warlock main feels like it scales even worse, making cast times actually get longer and resource regen slower as you get higher level. For example at 110 I may have an ilvl of 210 with 300 haste and a haste percentage around 34%.. by 120 while my ilvl is 310 and haste may be 580 but for some reason only equates to a 9% haste ... so my formerly 1.7 second chaos bolt now takes 2.4 or 2.5 seconds to cast.

Other than that though ... the art and design of both ally and horde zones are phenomenal, the story us so far quite good and interesting and the sounds/ambiance/music is awesome.
  • WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Been playing BFA since it went live, 3 toons to 120, and at Raid Ilvl. But the fun has dwindled, rep grind is a real dull experience once again. New 120 feel very under powered compared to 110-119 level toons. With Arathi opening and the gear drops from there, Dungeons, WQ's etc are not longer needed for fresh 120's, and redundant outside of faction grinding. BFA was fun for 2 weeks or so, now its dull and the Azerite gear, what a huge cluster truck of an idea.......

Think BFA has taught me its time to move on to something new.
  • KingsletterKingsletter Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited September 2018
    So many people seem to be complaining about the game being a grind fest, but whta they dont realize is, thats the MMORPG bussiness model, with a few exceptions. This is a bussiness model that works, the only time thsi will chnage is if they see that the numbers are not good enough.

Im a WoW veteran and I have been enjoying the new expansion. when the "Veterans say that the game is not delivering, I can only imagine theyve got their nostalgia glasses on. cause i remember Vanilla WoW being far more grindy than it is now.

The game is catering to more casual players as those are the majority. games have ocme and gone that tried to cater to the whining "Hardcore" players. it was onlya few hours ago that carbine studio announced they are shutting down, and I was in wild star in day 1. didnt see any of you "Hardcore" players there.

In conclusion players dont know what they want, they think they do, but trsut me they dont, jsut cause youre gamer it doesnt mean youre a good game designer. I'm saying this as a 3D character artist.

I'm sorry if this offended anyone, feel free to leave a comment and we can discuss this further.

PS: Apologies for the spelling mistakes, auto correct doesnt seem to work here.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    So many people seem to be complaining about the game being a grind fest, but whta they dont realize is, thats the MMORPG bussiness model, with a few exceptions. This is a bussiness model that works, the only time thsi will chnage is if they see that the numbers are not good enough.

Im a WoW veteran and I have been enjoying the new expansion. when the "Veterans say that the game is not delivering, I can only imagine theyve got their nostalgia glasses on. cause i remember Vanilla WoW being far more grindy than it is now.

The game is catering to more casual players as those are the majority. games have ocme and gone that tried to cater to the whining "Hardcore" players. it was onlya few hours ago that carbine studio announced they are shutting down, and I was in wild star in day 1. didnt see any of you "Hardcore" players there.

In conclusion players dont know what they want, they think they do, but trsut me they dont, jsut cause youre gamer it doesnt mean youre a good game designer. I'm saying this as a 3D character artist.

I'm sorry if this offended anyone, feel free to leave a comment and we can discuss this further.

PS: Apologies for the spelling mistakes, auto correct doesnt seem to work here.
    There's a huge difference now. 
    Everyone keeps complaining about the  "grind" "grind" "grind". But no one says anything about why we grind. Mostly because now, there isn't anything along the way worth grinding for. Vanilla was a long journey. You didn't just make a new character and hurry up and level to cap. There was a long process where the majority of the game's content was about getting there taking the long road. And it was worth doing if you stopped to smell the roses.

I recall taking the time to camp out the vendor in Booty Bay for the Leather-working recipes. Why? Because the journey was long enough where it made a difference and made it worth getting them to craft some better gear to help level with. It was worth pacing your crafting with leveling. I used to run a rule of thumb. As soon as I could break off from what I was doing after each level, I would stop and focus on all my crafting. Each level I would make sure I added 5 skill points to my gathering, crafting, 1st aid, cooking and fishing.  I loved the getting the fishing rod too.

But then somewhere during TBC, they sped up leveling. and kept speeding up the leveling. By the time Wrath launched, Death Knights proved that all vanilla content was pointless. They had to add DPS incentives to crafting because there was no reward in crafting for its own sake anymore.

The whole point of grinding is for small, incremental and noticeable improvements all the way through.

That's gone now, And so it's all about powerleveling because there is nothing along the way worth doing until you cap. Nothing is really rewarding anymore.

Now it's all about forcing yourself to play the game you have to play in order to get to the game you want to play.
    [Deleted User]FrodoFragins