Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should every game have a completely unique hairstyle and voices?

2»

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    One of the issues games have is copying hairstyles. This shows a lack of creativity and is also stealing someones design, which makes it viable for a lawsuit.

The other thing that developers take are voices. If the game is voice acted, it often has very similar voices of another game a lot of the times. Many times I'm playing a game...like Witcher 3 with Geralt. Suddenly I'm playing Spellforce 3 and hear Geralt again! Obviously they took his voice from Witcher 3 and used it. Even though Spellforce 3 is made by an entirely different company and has nothing to do with Witcher at all.

The recent thread about Cyberpunk  in this section, made me think of all the things that are taken from other games. Hairstyles and voices being the most obvious of these
    Are you being serious? Or is this click bait so you can raise your LOL count?
    Kyleran

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Why, oh why do I feel a very strong compulsion to give a political reply ...

But I am stronger. I resist ! *phew, that was close*

@OP Yes, a unique hairstyle is critical for any game that wants to be successfull. At least in these times.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Reflox said:
    Well the hairstyle in games reached the limited long time ago. Sure it's now much better customized, you have thousands of variations, not like the old days with 10-16 fixed haircuts tops. 
    I've been through so many character creation screens, i don't even pay attention now to the hair of my character, i'd want to make it fast and run the game asap. I think the customization option gave the reason to do a mockup character with crazy troll hair, or spend an hour going for a realistic haircut. 

As of voice acting, i wouldn't mind finding out that Peter Griffin voice actor was used in 10 MMORPGS as a side-quest character voice. Voice acting was never a problem for me, i usually don't notice differences between games and if some characters sound familiar or not. It's like with the hairstyle customization, you really don't notice much difference 
    Welcome to the boards. There are lots more hairstyles in MMOs now, but as always it is quality over quantity, I expect a proper pompadour always! :)
    JeffSpicoliAlBQuirky
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Here you go.

AsheramJeffSpicolijusomdudeScot
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    where the halfbeards arrested mid shave?

Scot
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Xasapis said:
    Anime blades? What about the shoulder pads?
    What about the underage lolis.?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Kyleran said:
    Xasapis said:
    Are there "of age" lolis?
    Scot

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    No.  Not every game should have voices, unique or otherwise.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Kyleran said:
    Xasapis said:
    Guild wars 2 take on lolis is interesting. And by interesting I mean a race that is not cute but has that evil genius in a tiny bottle vibe.

Lolis as depicted in Asian designed mmorpgs is an asian based take on the short races. Typical example is how male and females are depicted in Lineage.

• MarylleMarylle Member CommonPosts: 6
    Wait are these the real people or somehow photoshoped?  :D
    If they are real i find it amusing, it would add up to the theory that we are living in the game and before we are born we can choose our characters, and some of us are trolls who are born with randomized settings XD

"Hey man i just wanna play the new game called Life, let me jump in, i don't want think about character creation" :D 
  • waipowrectdeapr1976waipowrectdeapr1976 Member CommonPosts: 8
    Well, each manga and anime usually has it's own unique hairstyle. Or I should say, it has a whole unique set of fashion. It's part of the design of the "universe".

Is it important for games?:no
    Is it nice?: It can be
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited September 2018
    Marylle said:
    Wait are these the real people or somehow photoshoped?  :D
    If they are real i find it amusing, it would add up to the theory that we are living in the game and before we are born we can choose our characters, and some of us are trolls who are born with randomized settings XD

"Hey man i just wanna play the new game called Life, let me jump in, i don't want think about character creation" :D 
    I think they may have hit that "random" button at creation... :lol:

PS: Welcome to the boards!

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR