Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard may want to give Cyberpunk2077 team a call

13»

Comments

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,701


    This is what I got from this thread.
    I love the running man position the crewman is in in the first picture.  I've seen a fighter catch fire on the runway during my time in the Air Force...  Never seen a man run so fast in my life.
    Nothing is scarier than fire on a ship at sea. I was on a submarine in the engineroom during my time. It's even scarier when you're locked in there with it. :lol:
    MrMelGibson
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,558
    Iselin said:
    thunderC said:
    thunderC said:
    Women rocking undercuts is pretty normal in various iterations. That's why it's being seen/used in video games.

    I'll tell you this much, it sure as f#$% ain't start with "punk". 
    What did it start with ? Id love to hear the history of women's undercuts, Iv been searching for this answer for quite some time now... BTW Are you a professional stylist?
    Nope, I just happen to not live in isolated Middle America and have been exposed to other cultures and people.

    The undercut in general was popularized by European military men in the early 1900s. Iteration of it have been apart of other native cultures well before that. European, or American clipper cut hair styles mostly derive from the military.

    As far as the Punk culture, it was being done by the hip-hop crowd before them, though I suspect the punk version had Third Reich influence.
    I knew that's where you were going i just wanted you to make a fool of yourself and say it. THX
    How am I fool if it's the truth?
    He was just trying to be his usual edgy without a clue self and couldn't find a meme quickly enough.
    He should have just said "O'Doyle Rules" it would have had the same effect.
    IselinMrMelGibson
    Raging Demons for all flowchart "Kens". This is a metaphor.
  • rifleman223rifleman223 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited August 2018
    Torval said:


    This is what I got from this thread.
    I love the running man position the crewman is in in the first picture.  I've seen a fighter catch fire on the runway during my time in the Air Force...  Never seen a man run so fast in my life.
    Nothing is scarier than fire on a ship at sea. I was on a submarine in the engineroom during my time. It's even scarier when you're locked in there with it. :lol:


    Unexploded RPG embedded in the engine block of HMMVW (shit you not RPG tore a giant hole through the hood) or unexploded 155mm howitzer that was improvised for an IED.

    instead of running so fast, you move as slow as a snail as to not accidentally cause the UXO to blow up.
    TorvalMrMelGibson
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,144
    I've been shaving 1/2 my head since 1990. Blizzard can send me a check in the mail if it's really that important to them.

  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,222
    edited August 2018
    Iselin said:
    thunderC said:
    thunderC said:
    Women rocking undercuts is pretty normal in various iterations. That's why it's being seen/used in video games.

    I'll tell you this much, it sure as f#$% ain't start with "punk". 
    What did it start with ? Id love to hear the history of women's undercuts, Iv been searching for this answer for quite some time now... BTW Are you a professional stylist?
    Nope, I just happen to not live in isolated Middle America and have been exposed to other cultures and people.

    The undercut in general was popularized by European military men in the early 1900s. Iteration of it have been apart of other native cultures well before that. European, or American clipper cut hair styles mostly derive from the military.

    As far as the Punk culture, it was being done by the hip-hop crowd before them, though I suspect the punk version had Third Reich influence.
    I knew that's where you were going i just wanted you to make a fool of yourself and say it. THX
    How am I fool if it's the truth?
    He was just trying to be his usual edgy without a clue self and couldn't find a meme quickly enough.

    Who's BAD ?
    Asheram

    ALOHA MR HAND ! 

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,144
    thunderC said:
    Iselin said:
    thunderC said:
    thunderC said:
    Women rocking undercuts is pretty normal in various iterations. That's why it's being seen/used in video games.

    I'll tell you this much, it sure as f#$% ain't start with "punk". 
    What did it start with ? Id love to hear the history of women's undercuts, Iv been searching for this answer for quite some time now... BTW Are you a professional stylist?
    Nope, I just happen to not live in isolated Middle America and have been exposed to other cultures and people.

    The undercut in general was popularized by European military men in the early 1900s. Iteration of it have been apart of other native cultures well before that. European, or American clipper cut hair styles mostly derive from the military.

    As far as the Punk culture, it was being done by the hip-hop crowd before them, though I suspect the punk version had Third Reich influence.
    I knew that's where you were going i just wanted you to make a fool of yourself and say it. THX
    How am I fool if it's the truth?
    He was just trying to be his usual edgy without a clue self and couldn't find a meme quickly enough.

    Who's BAD ?
    The people in the background half-assing it for a paycheck. =)
    IselinJeffSpicoliTorvalAsheram

  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,535
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've been shaving 1/2 my head since 1990. Blizzard can send me a check in the mail if it's really that important to them.
    You mean your beard? ;)
    AsheramRhoklaw
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,548
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've been shaving 1/2 my head since 1990. Blizzard can send me a check in the mail if it's really that important to them.
    You mean your beard? ;)
    What about his head and not the beard?

    ConstantineMerusTorval
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,535
    Asheram said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've been shaving 1/2 my head since 1990. Blizzard can send me a check in the mail if it's really that important to them.
    You mean your beard? ;)
    What about his head and not the beard?

    He could be shaving his ears, nose, eyebrows, eyelashes, big hairy mole and the odd cluster of alien hair on his forehead. 
    AsheramTorval
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 9,727
    edited August 2018
    DMKano said:
    Nah the half shaved, combed over look has been a staple of punk rock as well as cyberpunk style for a couple of decades.

    While true you do realize that this example looks very different than what I posted.

    There's more similarities between Sombra and V than just half shaved look. You do see that right?
    Lets see... the background is different. The posture is different. The nationality is different. The facial expression is different, the cyberpunk girl looks more worried while Sombra looks like she's eyeing some muscled dude at the gym. What else, the lighting and color palette are different.

    Besides the punk hairstyle and both camera shots from the left angle (pretty normal/common photography angle as well), i don't see what else is similar. The wide tall neck line? pretty common cyberpunk (and other styles) apparel.

    At first glance i can see they look similar, after paying more attention they are quite different representations of the same cyberpunk style.

    My thoughts.

    EDIT: also, Sombra's apparel looks just as blizzard intended, a sort of cyberpunk hacker/cybernetic nerd. On the other hand, the CP2077 girl looks more cyberpunk with a military approach.




  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 602
    DMKano said:
    Nah the half shaved, combed over look has been a staple of punk rock as well as cyberpunk style for a couple of decades.

    While true you do realize that this example looks very different than what I posted.

    There's more similarities between Sombra and V than just half shaved look. You do see that right?
    Lets see... the background is different. The posture is different. The nationality is different. The facial expression is different, the cyberpunk girl looks more worried while Sombra looks like she's eyeing some muscled dude at the gym. What else, the lighting and color palette are different.

    Besides the punk hairstyle and both camera shots from the left angle (pretty normal/common photography angle as well), i don't see what else is similar. The wide tall neck line? pretty common cyberpunk (and other styles) apparel.

    At first glance i can see they look similar, after paying more attention they are quite different representations of the same cyberpunk style.

    My thoughts.

    EDIT: also, Sombra's apparel looks just as blizzard intended, a sort of cyberpunk hacker/cybernetic nerd. On the other hand, the CP2077 girl looks more cyberpunk with a military approach.
    Yeah, but other than that...
    WellspringMrMelGibson
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    frostymug said:
    DMKano said:
    Nah the half shaved, combed over look has been a staple of punk rock as well as cyberpunk style for a couple of decades.

    While true you do realize that this example looks very different than what I posted.

    There's more similarities between Sombra and V than just half shaved look. You do see that right?
    Lets see... the background is different. The posture is different. The nationality is different. The facial expression is different, the cyberpunk girl looks more worried while Sombra looks like she's eyeing some muscled dude at the gym. What else, the lighting and color palette are different.

    Besides the punk hairstyle and both camera shots from the left angle (pretty normal/common photography angle as well), i don't see what else is similar. The wide tall neck line? pretty common cyberpunk (and other styles) apparel.

    At first glance i can see they look similar, after paying more attention they are quite different representations of the same cyberpunk style.

    My thoughts.

    EDIT: also, Sombra's apparel looks just as blizzard intended, a sort of cyberpunk hacker/cybernetic nerd. On the other hand, the CP2077 girl looks more cyberpunk with a military approach.
    Yeah, but other than that...
    If someone is badly colorblind, they'll see that both use the same exact colors as well.
    MrMelGibson

    My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

    https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul



  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,500
    Much ado about not much.....

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,144
    Most importantly, I believe Cyberpunk 2077 uses a very diverse character creation system, does it not? So a player could make their character look like Wolverine if they try hard enough, which can be said about most games that utilize a similar character creation system.

  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Rhoklaw said:
    Most importantly, I believe Cyberpunk 2077 uses a very diverse character creation system, does it not? So a player could make their character look like Wolverine if they try hard enough, which can be said about most games that utilize a similar character creation system.
    Maybe character customization goes too far then, if you can re-create copyrighted characters? If so, the safer and better way is to limit character customization and give you pre-set options like games of old did. That way never risk any copyright character being created by someone.

    My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

    https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul



  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,548
    Rhoklaw said:
    Most importantly, I believe Cyberpunk 2077 uses a very diverse character creation system, does it not? So a player could make their character look like Wolverine if they try hard enough, which can be said about most games that utilize a similar character creation system.
    Maybe character customization goes too far then, if you can re-create copyrighted characters? If so, the safer and better way is to limit character customization and give you pre-set options like games of old did. That way never risk any copyright character being created by someone.
    Were there any copyright lawsuits with APB?
  • VerenathVerenath Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited August 2018
    DMKano with the clickbait?  Why, I never.

    Moving on, nothing to see here.
    Wellspring

    -Verenath-

  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 448
    Why is it always the left side of the head shown and no right side love?

    Gut Out!

    What, me worry?

Sign In or Register to comment.