Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Definitive Edition of Divinity Original Sin 2 now on Steam

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
edited September 2018 in Divinity Original Sin 2
Haven't played around with it yet (currently downloading the 8.9 GB update) but FYI it's free for anyone that bought the "vanilla" OS:2. Tons of improvements and additions and a new DLC included.

The only bad news is that it isn't compatible with the existing save files so you'd have to start a new game for it.

There's also a new party member available :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Saw that looks nice but im gonna wait till they have at least 50% off sale
    KyleranOctagon7711[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Scorchien said:
    Saw that looks nice but im gonna wait till they have at least 50% off sale
    Yup. That's always wise, especially with refreshed older game.

It's free for us that already have it though, which is a thing Larian does and that generates a lot of positive press for them.

Contrast that to the Skyrim refresh that was only a free upgrade if you had bought all their DLC.

Larian doesn't nickle and dime that way: you got the original? You get the new one gratis.
    KyleranMadFrenchieMrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Apparently I already own it on GOG.  I need a better inventory system.
    Iselin[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I bought it again for the ps4 version, the console port is pretty nice so far.

MrMelGibson
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I just started a new character myself, playing a Metamorph.  Excited about this definitive version.

However, it's causing a squeeze on my time between this, Prey, and WoW.  Once I get a Horde character to 120, I likely will drop the WoW unfortunately.  The zones are great and all, but the end-game grind is wayyyyy too segmented now.  Chests don't drop anything other than War Resources, and spreading the world quests over 6 zones just makes it a huge headache with regards to grinding certain rewards from WQs (such as gear).

So I'm going to likely transition this into my rotation.  I really need to power through Prey and finish it up.
    [Deleted User]

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Did the install size shrink at all? I was reading a thread that said old patches had bloated the original game and they have cleaned that up.
    The upgrade install was a bit of a nightmare for me, TBH. It kept jamming at the verification stage and totally froze my computer at one point. There are a lot of threads about people having a hard time with the upgrade so it wasn't just me.

I ended up totally uninstalling the original D:OS2 and downloaded the whole thing fresh - it was a 34 GB DL  as opposed to an 8.4 GB upgrade but at least it worked fine doing that.

They didn't release it as a separate game like they did with D:OS1 enhanced. Definitive shares many files with the original and it just appears on Steam as one game. It's only after you launch it that you get a new pop-up that lets you select original or definitive.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited September 2018
    I'm gonna wait till the mods get updated for this version before I do another playthrough. I really enjoy playing a 6 party team rather than the default 4.