Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes Of Creation - PAX West Alpha One Gameplay - MMORPG.com

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It looks very beautiful, hopefully, it has some depth to it
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    If I didn't know what game this was I would think I was watching ESO gameplay.
    Iselin
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Looks a bit floaty, but I'm still keeping an eye on this.

Joined - July 2004

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    To much going on with the combat . Ill stick to pantheon where we can kick back, chat, and relax . its tiring doing action combat mob after mob .
    AlomarMadCoderOne
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    They had my attention, but this seems to be a mashup of all the things I DON'T like about MMO PVP.

The floaty Darkfall styled combat
    The extra overdone effects
    No risk versus reward for attacks. Just mash away
    No weight

The same could be said about how Crowfall is now, but it's different. Crowfall seems to work, this absolutely does not. Maybe the camera is too close?

After playing Monster Hunter World or Dark Souls, I could never go back to combat without weight and consequence, spacing, timing. They manage to do those with only a couple buttons
    sakinolKnyttaAlomarShaighAvarixAwakenHDMrMelGibsonThaharLeiloni
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    SBFord said:
    SBFord said:
    Honestly, it's a pretty game, but that blurry ultra fast action-combat just isn't my cup of tea. :/
    It's no one's cup of tea. It can be someone's bottle of champagne though.
    Hence why I said "not MY cup of tea". Everyone has their 'druthers.
    You missed the joke :| not your fault, I am not being understood in my time ;)
    Grend
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Absolute garbage lol.
    Valentinaeugheuforce
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    edited September 2018
    Ummm, they did point out that this is their first-pass of the action combat, they are nowhere near finished with their combat system. So just consider that instead of dismissing it right away.

Considering how much progress they have made with this game over the months, I am quite impressed so far. I honestly wish whoever posts this stuff would include the information WITH the video, instead of just posting a video and jumping to conclusions in comments without providing any details the developers shared about it.

This is their first-pass with action combat, they also are working on a tab-target system and ideally would like to find a fluid blend of the two. They went over this quite thoroughly in their recent live-stream on twitch. Also the My.com thing is for the european (specifically Russian) publishing of the game, not North America or Asia.
    Post edited by Valentina on
    freespirytIlayaMaurgrimBloodDiimondAngreeegamer[Deleted User]Thaharchocolate42069
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Looks like ESO with Warframe's field of view. Character even holds the staff just like they do in ESO.

Needs a lot of refinement if I'm even going to consider trying it. Right now it looks like a low rate battle arena game.
    AlomarShaihubyLeiloni
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Definitely my bottle of beer. Can't wait for release!
    ValentinaConstantineMerusShaihubyGrend
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Its fantasy Warframe.... jump up and down and circle around your opponent to win. I'm hoping this is just a testing "hybrid" class and not how every class will approach combat. Even EQNext was working out drastically different classes at an earlier stage than this game. I'll have to play it myself but this is not what I was envisioning.
  • freespirytfreespiryt Member CommonPosts: 3

Valentina said:

Ummm, they did point out that this is their first-pass of the action combat, they are nowhere near finished with their combat system. So just consider that instead of dismissing it right away. Considering how much progress they have made with this game over the months, I am quite impressed so far.

I honestly wish whoever posts this stuff would include the information WITH the video, instead of just posting a video and jumping to conclusions in comments without providing any details they developers shared about it.

This is their first-pass with action combat, they also are working on a tab-target system and ideally would like to find a fluid blend of the two. They went over this quite thoroughly in their recent live-stream on twitch.

Also the My.com thing is for the european (specifically Russian) publishing of the game, not North America or Asia.

Thank you. I'm glad someone took the time to thoroughly explain the process Intrepid is undertaking, while building Ashes. This is the main reason why game developers are extremely secretive, when it comes to production. Give the ignorant masses a little information, and they run wild with it. Unfortunate, to say the least.

That said, there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" mmo. That goes for Pantheon, Crowfall, Chronicles of Elyria, etc. Just because a game doesn't appeal to a certain person's taste, doesn't make it "garbage". That's just stupid. Although I won't be playing all these on-the-horizon mmo's, I do hope they all meet with success, and offer the mmo community some much needed variety, and gaming quality.

Personally speaking, I'm most interested in both Ashes, and Pantheon. Both have very differing styles, when compared to each other. But, both appeal to me, in their own way. Very excited!
    ValentinaGaladournSlapshot1188MaurgrimThahar
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I prefer action combat, but even I’m put off by the combat they’re showing. Too fast, entirely too many visual effects, and spam centric. Hopefully, it progresses further and is played with a bit more.
    eugheuforceMrMelGibsonLeiloniIselin
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Looks ill to me
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    I lol at those backer

• LachdadanLachdadan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    im happy it not tab based and is skill based - i understand many players preffer tab based combat, but its nice to have some action combat MMO again - DF had good combat but lacked content, lets hope AoC will solve this (althought the combat is a bit too flashy for my taste, but still as far its aim-target then its good for me)
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Why did they do the video with the camera so close into the character, made my eyes go funny watching it let alone if that is how you have to play it. Also combat looked totally weightless and floaty, I really hope this will be addressed.
    SBFord
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

zimike said:

The combat looked nice, but I thought it was going to also play on the classic nostalgia of past MMO's. The video makes you think its more of a game like Destiny set in a fantasy setting.

This is just an combat option to use. The default is the old tabtargetting system
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED

Lachdadan said:

im happy it not tab based and is skill based - i understand many players preffer tab based combat, but its nice to have some action combat MMO again - DF had good combat but lacked content, lets hope AoC will solve this (althought the combat is a bit too flashy for my taste, but still as far its aim-target then its good for me)

zimike said:

The combat looked nice, but I thought it was going to also play on the classic nostalgia of past MMO's. The video makes you think its more of a game like Destiny set in a fantasy setting.

This is just an combat option to use. The default is the old tabtargetting system

Do realise btw people.. ALPHA. Meaning in development for at least a year or 2 more.
    If they made the same progress as they did last 2 years (which was mostly engine-work) with the coming changes... then you could be surprised :P
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    edited September 2018
    I don't think you can surmise what combat will be like from a video, but rather flashy and not sure how meaningful the action combat was. But they are still looking at how combat will work, so hopefully it is fleshed out to be more than a zergfest.
  • zannmanzannman Member UncommonPosts: 2
    All aesthetics, dramatic music to draw people in but no substance and nothing that hasn't been done a dozen times before.
  • BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Oh my, all those toxic colors! And then you have brown - grey background upon which they are spew out.
    This game has no style and atmosphere, for now looks like just another Asian MMO.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Looks like it is coming together nicely and I can't wait. The combat looks hard and fast and something like dark fall should have been. Love it so far!
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    It is a nice looking game. Just not MY type of gameplay. I'm not big into the fps style action gameplay like they are showcasing. They may add a tab target style mode but the video to me just feels way to fast paced. Just my opinion on it. Heck maybe it will slow down some and become a game I would play. Still too early to say anything on that front.
    SBFordMrMelGibson