Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't be surprised if Cyberpunk 2077 looks worse at release

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited September 2018 in General Gaming
Not to be cynical...but I remembered after seeing the new spider-man game get downgraded graphically. And many big companies showcase amazing graphics, but they almost always downgrade at release

Don't be surprised if Cyberpunk 2077 looks worse at release. 

Witcher 3 looked amazing in their E3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkP7C0WrkU

Game looked nothing like that at release.

Now, I don't care about graphics. But companies should show what the game REALLY looks like. Not trick people into a better looking game. They can showcase ascii graphics, and if that was how the game looked, that be fine. I'd play it since I do like dwarf fortress, Aurora 4x (even harder than dwarf fortress) and Rimworld. But it always feels like a bait and switch when they falsely show better graphics than what it will be.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Don't you think those decisions might be a little fluid, with no concrete decisions made til later in the process?   I imagine it's easier to downgrade graphically towards the end of development than it is to decide you actually need an upgraded look at that point.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I remember quite often people defended devs saying,ALPHA or Beta or not everything is loaded during testing.So now we are expecting worse and accepting that after defending worse prior and hoping for better later?
    I believe it will be true,easy to make a few scenes for a PAX show or a marketing video to be  ramped up to appear amazing,then be the lesser of come release because framerate complaints.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    The original premise would be boosted by examples of the developer doing this on other of their games.  Any examples of this specifically?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2018
    The original premise would be boosted by examples of the developer doing this on other of their games.  Any examples of this specifically?
    Well, they've only ever made Witcher 1, 2 and 3. So not anything to be samples of. Just that Witcher 3 E3 trailer looked way better than it did at release. Ignoring the cinematics in their trailer (which is actually a bit telling of the nerf to graphics, because its hard to tell between cinematic and the actual gameplay they show), things like the fires and textures look a lot better in the E3 trailer.

But seeing they've only made 3 games and now a 4th with Cyberpunk...nothing to compare with.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm just glad I don't get caught up on graphics. Which is probably why I can still enjoy MuD games more than the new games being released. Don't know why, but I'll never get tired of Gemstone IV. With that being said, if there's a problem with Witcher 3's graphics at release, I feel sorry for all those people with a lack of imagination.
    Well, like I said in my post. They could have shown dwarf fortress style ascii graphics or even rimworld style graphics. If that was what they intended for it to look, thats fine...that be truthful and honest. And I don't mind graphics like that.

I even play MUDs sometimes whenever the mood strikes.

A lot of companies however show fake graphics that is almost never how it looks at release. 

It be like if WoW showed their entire next expansion in only cinematics, including gameplay. Just entirely cinematics and showed that is how the actual game looks. But then expansion is released and everyone finds out its normal WoW graphics. A lot of people would be pretty mad.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Not to be cynical...but I remembered after seeing the new spider-man game get downgraded graphically. And many big companies showcase amazing graphics, but they almost always downgrade at release

Now, I don't care about graphics. But companies should show what the game REALLY looks like. Not trick people into a better looking game. They can showcase ascii graphics, and if that was how the game looked, that be fine. I'd play it since I do like dwarf fortress, Aurora 4x (even harder than dwarf fortress) and Rimworld. But it always feels like a bait and switch when they falsely show better graphics than what it will be.
    Why are you comparing a 2 min E3 trailer (the Witcher) and 45 minutes of gameplay (Cyberpunk)? You can't make assumptions about the other because they're not the same thing. 
    Maurgrim
    --------------------------------------------
  • NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88
    edited September 2018

• NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88

You seriously gonna compare "companies" with CDPRJ? Those guys are on another level. Also there's a reason why CDPRJ is the most respected/loved company now, and why ppl trust them more than ever with every game they will release.

I get it, no game is perfect and that goes for Cyberpunk as well, but the way they handle things (even if there's glitches and so on crap), makes you to love the company even more. Because unlike those companies you mentioned, CDPRJ stands first for the customers and when they want to deliver quality content they will in the most impressive way.

The Witcher 3 has secured it's spot as the most awarded game in the history with a total 251 awards. Now go watch some documentaries about CDPRJ to educate yourself before becoming even more "cynical", or in this case... clueless. :p

• Shanep12Shanep12 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Theres nothing to be surprised of. I think the gameplay will be mediocre and the high end graphics wont be supported by everyones card at that time so i dont expect too much from it. Except everything itll be a hit without questions.
    Hatefull
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다