Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What stops me from playing

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited September 2018 in World of Warcraft
I can't justify ANY OF IT,

-The free trial is out of the question, we all know what low level is like. 

-$14.99 subscription, then start at painful level 1>110.  Then speed play until you reach 110 only to pay for BfA and pay $49.95 and forfit your free 30 days.....What an awful thought I have with doing that.... This sounds like a very lonely few weeks and not very mmorpg like.  
Speed play?...F that ! 
With all the "quality" of Blizzard many expansions, I'll feel obligated to speed run, reducing the "quality" to nothing.  Only to pay $49.95 for BfA later.

-World of Warcraft: Complete Collection $59.95.  The only motivating factor is the 110 boost, and that's for only one character.  So in reality this option is to play only 10 levels one time. 

-All options are with the understanding of child like "easy game play".   

Blizzard needs to start over with a World of Warcraft 2 with vanilla difficulty ! 
This will suck anyway... It will be child like "easy game play"
Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Gorwe said:
    They do need to bring difficulty back, agreed. Just not the huge amounts of tediousness that existed in Vanilla. One without the other...it's a difficult equation to solve.
    Unfortunately Blizzard doesn't have to solve the equation until they run out of Mojo, they have the huge following.  

They can't start over with WoW2, it will be counter productive for population and income of what they have now. 

I'm 100% convinced they have a secret WoW2 in the making or an outline ready to go. Large corporation's always think ahead.   
    Gorwe
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Blizzard isn't still running WoW because they think it will grow. They just keep it running because it is still popular by it's old fans and it is still very profitable. But there is no vision or anything for the future of WoW. It will not go back to it's former growth. It's just a slow and steady decline. If there would be something like a WoW only stock share anyone would have sold it by now for sure.

But don't get me wrong. Obviously lots of people are still having fun playing WoW and there is nothing wrong with that. But don't expect it to change or attract new customers. And a WoW2 ? I doubt there will be one unless I see it up and running.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    what stops me from playing retail: Classic

[Deleted User]
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Gorwe said:
    They do need to bring difficulty back, agreed. Just not the huge amounts of tediousness that existed in Vanilla. One without the other...it's a difficult equation to solve.
    There is no such thing as difficulty in a scripted boss fight. There is no AI in this game. Its: get power and beat. Ai would mean the boss would learn from those countless fights like a human beeing: ergo, he wouldnt be beatable, ever.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2018
    WoW difficulty isn't there? I think people are getting confused about older games. The tedium did add to the 'difficulty' aspect whether people want to admit it or not. Keeping x amount of players geared enough to advance without all the 'side' stuff (various difficulties of the same content as well as open world stuff rewarding good gear as well), all of that is an inconvenience dynamic that added to the 'difficulty' of the past. However, I do feel that the tedium is necessary to be 'good' simply because it harbors value. If you can predict when you get rewards (like you can now in most games) it just becomes a waiting game instead of things being the only way to get anywhere like they were in the past. You either went through route to gear up or you were left behind, end of story. It wasn't like today, where you can just wait for everything to become obsolete and you pretty much 'start fresh.' However, this brings back the old school 'reasoning' of not resubbing, 'I dont want to pay for something where I can never catch up.' This reasoning is realistically false because it assumes that the average playerbase is far ahead when they are not. Only a select few that are lucky enough to keep a solid group together end up making it far in the past, which again was rather rare. Most of the time, when people got gear they would leave to try and join a better group so they weren't stuck gearing/re-gearing members just to advance further. Going back to the original point though, there's plenty of difficulty in terms of fights, the problem is they are eclipsed so fast that there's no point.

Looking back on Legion, I'm starting to feel that it was a poor expansion simply because there was too much power given. One has to honestly think, is it really good to be so strong that you're able to solo mythic raids during the same expansion if you're geared/skilled enough? Something that requires a group....There's honestly been less interplay between classes, and legion did make this very apparent by pretty much making everyone tanks if they had the right gear/artifact levels. So even though I dont like most of BfA's changes coming off of Legion (who seriously likes getting less the higher you go up?), its realistic in terms of keeping the 'mmo' aspect (even though you still have prot pallies solo'ing certain mythic dungeons in bfa atm).
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]