Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your impressions of BFA (Battle For Azeroth)?

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I'm on Moonguard and its one of the most popular RP servers. Its also alliance heavy (which is the faction I am)

And...keep in mind warmode is off, which most people have it off...

I dunno if anyone else has noticed. Or if its server specific. But at Legion launch, I saw people everywhere and chat was also really active. Even toward the end of the expansion I saw people talking in chat quite a bit

But, in Tiragarde Sound there is a distinct lack of chat and people around. Maybe its the sharding and its putting me on dead shards ?

At initial launch I did see quite a few people. But its died down a lot.

My prediction before BFA launch was it was gonna be another WoD disaster. Especially with how many I was seeing not having good compliments for BFA compared to what I saw before Legion launch. But even in WoD I saw tons of people for far longer than I am now.

And keep in mind, despite me saying that I still enjoy WoW and I'll buy any expansion lol.

Unless its the sharding...but I'm on a popular server so it shouldn't be entirely that. Cause even if sharding, you can still see the zone chat.

And its not just the quest zone either. In Kul'Tiras (the city), there isn't really that many people either and I don't think capitals are sharded. Of course, Dalaran in Legion was combined both factions...but even then, I saw more alliance there than I have Kul'Tiras.

I'm starting to think my prediction was right (especially due to all the overall negativity of BFA beta compared to Legion beta)...

Unless the sharding is really bad and broken and putting me on dead shards. But still, Kul'Tiras should be a lot more crowded with alliance like how many alliance there was in Dalaran. Unless they made that sharded...but if that is the case, they need to re-work sharding cause thats not a good impression to be surrounded by only NPCs

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Anyone else notice a lack of players even with warmode off? Or have I been unlucky with sharding and its putting me on dead shards? Like I said though...chat should be a lot more active than it is...cause chat was active with alliance chat in ALL the broken isles zones. Even deep into legion expansion

Don't want to be doom and glory just yet...it could just be "broken" sharding making it seem empty.

But, I notice a completely different atmosphere (community wise) than I did with Legion. Its reminding me of how WoD was.

edited August 2018
    Also, as far  as the endgame content goes. I leveled to max in Legion and had a lot to do. Granted, my endgame is different than most. But, I don't really remember people complaining about running out of content (at least not much if there was)...or that could be rose colored glasses since I have positive memories overall of Legion. I do remember in WoD people complained of running out of content really fast though.

• RaZKaLzRaZKaLz Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Love BFA so far, and talking about pvp: FUCK OWPvP. It was a fucking zerg fest on the 2nd day. I went to sleep at 111 close to 112 the first day. I loged in around 5pm EST on the 2nd day and kept getting zerged by a bunch of 120 ally... that wasn't fun at all lol I just want to level up. I'm just too old for this pvp shit sadly...
    [Deleted User]
    RaZKaLz said:
    Love BFA so far, and talking about pvp: FUCK OWPvP. It was a fucking zerg fest on the 2nd day. I went to sleep at 111 close to 112 the first day. I loged in around 5pm EST on the 2nd day and kept getting zerged by a bunch of 120 ally... that wasn't fun at all lol I just want to level up. I'm just too old for this pvp shit sadly...
    its quieted down now at least on my server (maybe cause it only goes to other RP servers). I don't see very many PvPers with warmode on. In fact, I turned it off cause there was a huge lack of people I encountered that actually had it on so it was kinda dead feeling. I imagine the first day or two though was terrible with it on.

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Its by far the worst expansion they have created for WoW.

Ilvl scaling in PvE and PvP, alot of pruning and the skills that werent pruned are gated behind PvP talents or as "choices" in the talent tree (which by itself is already horrible. Back in the day we just had major glyphs for such "talents" as EXTRA).

No reforging, no meaningful glyphs, no real socketing, no PvP gear. Of course this was already removed before but this game feels so shallow, not really like an MMO anymore.

And the azerite system is even worse than artifact weapons.

Leveling was also way too quick.

No new talents or skills to play with, on the contrary alot was taken out over time, this really sucks the most for me, I absolutely hate it.  I want more utility spells and not less and less.

And class designs, ele shaman enough said already, and affliction warlock what the heck ? Affliction was always about being instant dotting people, controlling the fight and leeching of HP. Now with the new shard system its also about hard casting UA all the time, thats not how a dot lock should be designed. in BC they were great and enjoyable ...

Dunno they took waaay too many tools away from us, of course they say its for balance reasons. I call BS, its because they want to have the least amout of effort / work.

This xpac really is meh, even WoD Ive played at least for 2 months. This I already gave up before the first week ended. Island expeditions are also not really enjoyable ...

Just give me a BC or WOTLK server and I will be happily playing again, at least PvP was alot of fun. Sure healers were strong especially resto druids but overall it was a blast.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Artwork ie zones and Music is some of the best work Blizzard has done, everything else feels lazy .
    hallucigenocide
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    ive played wow since may 2005 i was lucky enough to join the best guilds right from the get go and by time tbc come about i had every class lvl 60 and geared, same for tbc. wotlk i played half way through the expansion before quitting and i didnt return until cata release i played that for few months quit again until about 3 months into mop played for couple months and quit again until wod played that for 2 months quit again, then bought legion played that couple months cleared the raids with guild first try and thought fuck this and quit again, and this is the first expansion i havent bought because whats the f'ing point?

the game is so faceroll even on mythic difficulty, questing is pointless, theres no social aspect anymore , i am done!

that is until vanilla , im going to call it now vannila will be a massive success players will say that retail wow is for noobs , players like bragging rights, there wont be none for players playing bfa .

hurry up with classic wow, im ready to do it all again ITS TIME !

[Deleted User][Deleted User]delete5230
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I am enjoying BFA so far. It is still more of the same to me, but I agree that the leveling experience somehow is even faster now than it ever was. I reached 120 on my Disc Priest in about 12 hours straight. I also was luck enough to get a 350 BoE Trinket and then a friend made my Darkmoon trinket so got a 355 right after. By end of Tuesday I was doing Mythics. I then leveled my Hunter to 120 in about 15 hours. 

It's been fun so far, but yes I usually have never leveled so fast since the beginning of WoW in 2004. I miss the journey of it all. The daily WQs are so numerous that I feel like I need to log in everyday and stay online for hours and hours on end or else I'm missing something which I don't really like. 

I'll be moving onto my Paladin in a week or two to then really slow down with leveling and enjoy the scenery and smell the roses cause the past two characters were a blur. I mostly only rushed to provide a healer for my guildies to make things easier. Now it's time to enjoy the  journey for myself, but yeah i don't really know how to feel because I know I'm enjoying it because of my friends and guild more so than the game doing something extraordinary. Honestly, everyone I talk to is still simply waiting for the classic servers to be announced and I think there will be a mass exodus from the live game. Then if classic doesn't stick with people and there is a mass exodus from there I think WoW will then officially die. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Rukushin said:
    I am enjoying BFA so far. It is still more of the same to me, but I agree that the leveling experience somehow is even faster now than it ever was. I reached 120 on my Disc Priest in about 12 hours straight. I also was luck enough to get a 350 BoE Trinket and then a friend made my Darkmoon trinket so got a 355 right after. By end of Tuesday I was doing Mythics. I then leveled my Hunter to 120 in about 15 hours. 

It's been fun so far, but yes I usually have never leveled so fast since the beginning of WoW in 2004. I miss the journey of it all. The daily WQs are so numerous that I feel like I need to log in everyday and stay online for hours and hours on end or else I'm missing something which I don't really like. 

I'll be moving onto my Paladin in a week or two to then really slow down with leveling and enjoy the scenery and smell the roses cause the past two characters were a blur. I mostly only rushed to provide a healer for my guildies to make things easier. Now it's time to enjoy the  journey for myself, but yeah i don't really know how to feel because I know I'm enjoying it because of my friends and guild more so than the game doing something extraordinary. Honestly, everyone I talk to is still simply waiting for the classic servers to be announced and I think there will be a mass exodus from the live game. Then if classic doesn't stick with people and there is a mass exodus from there I think WoW will then officially die. 
    Considering the expansion came with two entire zones chocked full of quest content, the only realistic way they could've made things longer would be through simple repetition/grinding of XP.  They've packed a ton of high-quality content into this expansion.  I cannot fault the amount of content included with BfA.
    [Deleted User]

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Rukushin said:

Considering the expansion came with two entire zones chocked full of quest content, the only realistic way they could've made things longer would be through simple repetition/grinding of XP.  They've packed a ton of high-quality content into this expansion.  I cannot fault the amount of content included with BfA.
    Oh yeah, I mean I'm not complaining really. There is still a bunch of questing I still have yet to complete for Zandalar Forever! achievement which I need for Pathfinder Part One. I've just been ready for a brand new MMO for a long time and have my eyes set on Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen...everything else is just a placeholder. 

I discovered awhile back when I transitioned from ESO (which I still consider as close to my dream MMO as an MMO can get right now) to FFXIV and a few months back coming back to WoW at the very tail end of Legion that it's not really about the game for me as much as it is the people I'm playing with which is what is carrying and maybe has been carrying WoW for me for the past few years. It's the people and community that make the MMO for me not so much the MMO itself. 

Hence why I say, BFA is enjoyable for me, but it definitely not a game-changer.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Rukushin said:
    Rukushin said:

Oh yeah, I mean I'm not complaining really. There is still a bunch of questing I still have yet to complete for Zandalar Forever! achievement which I need for Pathfinder Part One. I've just been ready for a brand new MMO for a long time and have my eyes set on Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen...everything else is just a placeholder. 

I discovered awhile back when I transitioned from ESO (which I still consider as close to my dream MMO as an MMO can get right now) to FFXIV and a few months back coming back to WoW at the very tail end of Legion that it's not really about the game for me as much as it is the people I'm playing with which is what is carrying and maybe has been carrying WoW for me for the past few years. It's the people and community that make the MMO for me not so much the MMO itself. 

Hence why I say, BFA is enjoyable for me, but it definitely not a game-changer.
    Agreed.  It would be nice to see a new MMORPG, fully-featured with the bells and whistles we see in WoW.  Not sure the market will bear it currently, though.
    EponyxDamor

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    It would be perfect for me, if when I finished the last quest of the new expansion, I dinged 120. WoD was my least favorite, because I think I dinged level cap in 1.25 zones, and it took the shine off questing just for gold.

I think they need to nerf the xp you get from collecting mat's, and you should hardly get any xp for going to a new quest area and starting a conversation with a new quest giver, but you get the full 17-20k+ xp just for saying "Hi."

Idk what the correct answer is for this. Idk how I'd feel if there was a daily xp cap.... I'd prbly get on an alt once I hit cap, and repeat, so that's prbly not the answer either....

I do like the music and atmosphere so far, and although some of the quests are the usual lame ones, I did enjoy the lore in my starter Drustvar zone...witches be bitches!

I usually play tank-types, so I haven't noticed too much of a problem yet, but on my DK I do seem to have a lot of downtime, but I'm sure some of that is id10t user error.

I do miss the 80+ skill points to use however I wanted in a skill tree, but truthfully even then, I just copied whatever was most popular/worked 'best', but I'm sure it was more fun for those peeps who liked to figure those things out!

For the first time ever, I'm actually reading every quest and finding out what's actually going on and enjoying that much more. It makes me want to start a Level 1 on each side and read it all from the get go, but I'm sure the writing has improved over there years and earlier quests would make my eyes bleed?

Gut Out!
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchie

What, me worry?

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Overall I've gotta say I think it's pretty shite. While the story was good and the art team have done a great job, at max level there's very little to do. The AP grind is tedious, the world quests are absolutely crap and the rep grind is proper naff. I swear, I read that there's two separate teams that do the expansions and I'm starting to believe it. When I hit max level in Legion, I still had Suramar to do and honestly never felt this bored after only a couple of weeks in. The last time I was like this was in WoD.

Now, I'm really struggling, the Island expeditions are a face roll even on mythic if you have a clue what you're doing and the rewards from pretty much everything are lacklustre. They even got rid of the loot at end of mythic dungeons. I went through 5 mythics other day and got zero loot, wouldn't be so bad if you got some decent AP off the bosses but even that is poor. Probably doesn't help that i'm playing a shaman, which are in a bad spot, especially elemental which is laughable. Though even my guild mates are saying the same thing.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Who knows maybe over time i'll step in and try it out but after recently quitting Wow "again" and witnessing a really bad mmorpg,it is not likely i ever step foot in the game again.I simply have no time at this point in my life for sub par gaming,no more buying on a whim no more trusting anyone ,i'll only trust my own eyes watching streamers,when that happens.

Problem is Wow is at such a bad place for game design right now that i doubt it is worth my time to watch any streamers as this Azeroth patch is not going to change the entire game.

I am not like 99% of mmorpg gamer's,i am not a superficial player,i like to enjoy an ENTIRE game and seriously couldn't care less about gear scores or end game or random dungeons or pvp or raiding,all the superficial stuff Wow does.
    delete5230

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Took three days to level to 120 with a friend. Did a few dungeons, unlocked WQ's and started grinding dungeons. It's exactly what I thought it'd be. I'll be bored by the time Uldir rolls around. 
    Anyone who locust-consumes the leveling process is going to be bored.  That's not even reflective of the game itself.  Consuming content at a rate like that means, no matter what game you wanna play, you're either grinding daily-type reptitive content or you're bored.  No dev will keep up with the rate at which you're burning through content.

Locust-consumes? Please don't make baseless assumptions. It took me three days at an average of about three hours per evening to hit 120.
    That was more or less about how long it took me to get to 120. About 3 hours per day(ish) for about 3 days. Just doing the story quests and most of the zone quests along the way. I had honored with the three factions at the end.

I thought the story was pretty good through the zones, though. The cut scenes are pretty well done as is the voice acting. All the easter eggs, punny quests, and pop culture references along the way made it super enjoyable.
    Do you mean 9 hours or 72 hours ?

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I finished the alliance story line up to when you free Jaina. The end scenario was really awesome, I almost shed a tear.

But what the ice in hell made Blizzard put the next step into a MYTHIC dungeon??? Wasn't a normal dungeon good enough, for those of us who aren't into farming item level ? This most likely signed the end of the alliance side for me for now.

Started the horde part now, those trolls are more fun than expected.
    Because blizzard is out of touch and doesn't understand their player base. The think the outcry and demands for classic meant players wanted some sort of tremendous grind in retail WOW which is not the case. They are really clueless, The grind isn't what made classic great it was the systems in place that made everything meaningful, from crafting to mob drops, to gold and raiding. The immersion, the fact that your character was the story based on your accomplishemnts and INGAME RELATIONSHIPS you built not some corny plot with sylvAnus , I could go on and on but you get the idea. 
    [Deleted User]FrodoFragins
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I finished the alliance story line up to when you free Jaina. The end scenario was really awesome, I almost shed a tear.

But what the ice in hell made Blizzard put the next step into a MYTHIC dungeon??? Wasn't a normal dungeon good enough, for those of us who aren't into farming item level ? This most likely signed the end of the alliance side for me for now.

Started the horde part now, those trolls are more fun than expected.
    Well, its honestly not that much different from what they did with Suramar at the start of Legion. It'll mostlikely be a heroic thing by 8.1
  • OutaiOutai Member UncommonPosts: 77
    edited September 2018
    I find it pretty good, stopped expecting the most amazing thing ever... It's on the same track it has been for a while. Lots of streamlining and homogenizing. A solid story and gameplay, leveling is fine, dungeons are pretty fun and there's bigger challenges in mythics and raids.

WoW is fine, but we need different kind of game for the more discerning players.
    [Deleted User]
    edited September 2018
    So after playing it...already bored. I unsubbed. Which never happened in Legion, and I was there at Legion launch all the way to the end.

Tried grinding 7th legion rep to play dark irons, but literally run out of content. You don't get 7th legion rep from quests or anything else, so its really limited every day how much you can get.

But that isn't the only boring thing. 

Azerite traits are boring as hell compared to Legion artifact traits. You don't even see the amulet on your character, so they never bothered to make a model of it you can show off like you could Legion artifacts. The legion artifacts were the best part of Legion...azerite amulet among the worst in BFA. And traits seem very limited compared to legion artifact traits...I kept getting the same traits over and over and over.

Also, it appears only 3 armors have traits...which means there is only 6 total traits you can have. Legion artifacts had far more than that.

The island expeditions are boring as hell grind. Its not even PvP. And the islands kept repeating themselves over and over with very slight changes to what happens on each island.

Can't continue the BFA story because need to do mythic dungeons. I don't do those, since I mostly PvP for endgame and then casual content by myself for PVE since I more like group pvp than group pve...so...can't continue the story, so can't do that content. In Legion I never ran into that problem.

And while this is 2nd hand knowledge...warfronts sound equally as bad. From my understanding its impossible to lose warfronts...also warfronts I guess aren't PvP either, you fight AI.

I liked Legion vastly more. This is worse for me than even WoD. At least that was fun for 2-3 months.

The only thing good at endgame is war mode. But that doesn't provide any actual content that you can't get in a better pvp MMO...like EVE Online or Darkfall or that Warhammer MMO. That isn't enough to have kept me subbed...but it was fun...just provides no actual content. No taking over territory for the horde (or alliance) or anything else. The pvp is like going into a call of duty match where killing someone means nothing.

And they didn't even make Island Expeditions or Warfronts have pvp at all...
    FrodoFragins

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Pro's
    Amazing looking expansion
    Immersive
    Good story writing
    Great voice acting
    Quirky new characters
    Directx 12
    Some innovative unique quests

Con's
    ilevel scaling feels quite broken
    Lacking end game (world quests and rep grind kills the game for me)
    Some classes/builds not performing so well
    Loot right across the board lacking
    Not a fan of the new Azerite gear and grind

I'm pretty sure Blizzard will fix most of the things lacking in this expansion. A bit disappointed with Blizzards lack of polish which they are renowned for. 
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115

its quieted down now at least on my server (maybe cause it only goes to other RP servers). I don't see very many PvPers with warmode on. In fact, I turned it off cause there was a huge lack of people I encountered that actually had it on so it was kinda dead feeling. I imagine the first day or two though was terrible with it on.
    Mhhhh...not playing WoW, but I got curious about this statment.
    Are you saying that if you either have Warmode On or Off you end up in a different shard/instance? (even if you are in the same zone?)
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I got my horde druid to the main part of the storyline. . I think.  Then I got sucked into Rimworld again for some reason.

So. . not overwhelmingly positive but I am sure I will get into it again soon.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    kitarad said:
    Took three days to level to 120 with a friend. Did a few dungeons, unlocked WQ's and started grinding dungeons. It's exactly what I thought it'd be. I'll be bored by the time Uldir rolls around. 
    Anyone who locust-consumes the leveling process is going to be bored.  That's not even reflective of the game itself.  Consuming content at a rate like that means, no matter what game you wanna play, you're either grinding daily-type reptitive content or you're bored.  No dev will keep up with the rate at which you're burning through content.

Locust-consumes? Please don't make baseless assumptions. It took me three days at an average of about three hours per evening to hit 120.
    That was more or less about how long it took me to get to 120. About 3 hours per day(ish) for about 3 days. Just doing the story quests and most of the zone quests along the way. I had honored with the three factions at the end.

I thought the story was pretty good through the zones, though. The cut scenes are pretty well done as is the voice acting. All the easter eggs, punny quests, and pop culture references along the way made it super enjoyable.
    Do you mean 9 hours or 72 hours ?

Three hours per day for three days.
    kitarad
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    The amazing detail in Kul Tiras is so wonderful. I keep walking about just looking at everything. Those artist have really done a superb job. The music is also so good. I like the zones. Must try Horde too.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]cheyane