Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend Announced for Aug 30 to Sep 3 - General News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend Announced for Aug 30 to Sep 3 - General News

Fatshark has announced that PC players on Steam and XBox One players can check out Warhammer: Vermintide 2 for free from August 30th to September 3rd. PC players will be able to enjoy the full game as well as the Shadows Over Bogenhafen DLC if lucky enough to be invited to join someone who owns it. XBox One players will be able to check out the main game as well.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    This is a fantastic co op game, in the same vein of games like left 4 dead and killing floor. Mixed with some rpg elements, classes, leveing, and item looting, this game is a complete thrill and I'd highly recommend it.
    JeffSpicoliTruvidien88

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I like the way warhammer presents a very dark almost mature take on high fantasy its very reminiscent of Dungeons & Dragons from the 80's or say the old Conan movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger. High fantasy today in both games & movies is very PG safe and feels corny compared to what it use to be.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    thunderC said:
    I like the way warhammer presents a very dark almost mature take on high fantasy its very reminiscent of Dungeons & Dragons from the 80's or say the old Conan movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger. High fantasy today in both games & movies is very PG safe and feels corny compared to what it use to be.

Or all drama and sex with a fantasy background ala Game of Thrones
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Hmm, this is tempting
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    edited August 2018
    Vermintide 2 is great. It's a Left for Dead clone done correctly. It's actually difficult, and the loot grinding is actually quite fun and gives incentive to keep playing stages that you have already played, as well as incentive to do higher difficulties.

I wish Games Workshop was less lenient with the Warhammer IP (some of the Warhammer games are absolute garbage, I'm looking at you Eternal Crusade and Battle March), but I'm glad games like this have come out because of them allowing more people to use it.
    JeffSpicoli
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Hmm, this is tempting

Its really fun but mileage will vary. It gets old after awhile but for 30 bucks you will get your moneys worth, Like i said if you are a fan of high fantasy this is a must play.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    It's a fun game.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    thunderC said:

Hmm, this is tempting

Its really fun but mileage will vary. It gets old after awhile but for 30 bucks you will get your moneys worth, Like i said if you are a fan of high fantasy this is a must play.
    I bought the first one on sale and havent played it, I dont even know if it's worth playing with everyone in the second game now.   I want to start the POE league tomorrow so I'll probably pass for now.