Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STOP Playing FREE to PLAY Games

nahilupvpnahilupvp Member UncommonPosts: 12

I am a old MMO Players , EverQuest , Dark Age of Camelot , OLD MMO

I am used to pay my SUB every month and after spending 40 hour + in a game I find it convenient to give them 15$ monthly. 15$ is not even a restaurant....

I AM SICK BORED OF SEEING GOOD GAMES AWESOME GAMES GET BORING BECAUSE OF F2P

Free to play games aren't FREE

NOTHING IS FREE IN LIFE

Reason why All good MMO going with that F2P model is ..... YOU

You download them
You Play them

AVOID free to plays games 

AVOID THEM
it's free ?
don't play it

Someday the industry will UNDERSTAND that F2P model isi't good and they will UNDERSTAND 

I want a game where it's fun , not where who has the more money.

The Game industry has to understand that F2P aren't fun and they  are not.

I Work in the video games industry and the question you keep asking yourself in a daily basis is : Is it Fun ?

Maybe it's expected ,
Maybe it's realism .
Maybe it's because of ....

IF it's not FUN it shouldn't be in a GAME. Realism-ism or whatever , Not fun , don't commit it.

You can INVEST 100 hour in a FREE to PLAY games but someone who spend 5 hour and more $ than you is better than you ?

It's NOT FUN

Shouldn't be in the game.

My last Free to Play MMO was Black Dessert Online and I PROMISED MYSELF

Never , Never , and NEVER again I will download or EVEN TRY a game that have a Free to Play Model.

The Game model DOES intervene with the Game itself and it make the game REALLY BORING.

Ever stooped playing a MMO because of DUMP cash shop for instance : Aion

Games is good but.... fucking shop killing me sooooo fuck it

Please for the FUTUR of good MMO , Stop encouraging , stop downloading , stop hyping on F2P Models games , they literately sucks

Nahilu

Gdemamimodusscarecrow860FrodoFraginsScotrosej90etharnceratop001HeretiqueWellspringand 8 others.

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    They literally "sucks?" Like it will start inhaling? That's kinda scary. Or weirdly sexy, depending. And probably illegal, at least in Iowa.

Not sure if I now want to play them more or less. 
    UngoodbarasawaConstantineMerusNephethWraithoneQuicksandNirimetusHatefull

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    No.
    Temp0barasawaRobsolfHatefullIsilithTehroth
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Feels like there's a rise of alt/fake accounts on this site for some reason.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The OP doesn't seem to realize that just about every mmo now has a F2P mode. This is not the fault of the gamer. Its the greed of the game companies wanting more than just sub.money coming in. 
    jimmywolf
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited August 2018
    Hariken said:
    The OP doesn't seem to realize that just about every mmo now has a F2P mode. This is not the fault of the gamer. Its the greed of the game companies wanting more than just sub.money coming in. 
    What?

The generality of the MMO's that had subs fell on constant decay forcing them to open up to B2P/F2P, that's not the companies doing, it's the industry reality.

We, MMO players, are generally cheap bastards, it's also that if every mainstream MMO around had a sub, very few of us would be capable to afford to play multiple at one time, so the genre adapts their business models to such.
    Mendel
  • kosaboykosaboy Member UncommonPosts: 50
    MaxBacon said:
    Hariken said:
    What?

The generality of the MMO's that had subs fell on constant decay forcing them to open up to B2P/F2P, that's not the companies doing, it's the industry reality.

We, MMO players, are generally cheap bastards, it's also that if every mainstream MMO around had a sub, very few of us would be capable to afford to play multiple at one time.
    Are we cheap or are a lot of games that come out too shallow to pay monthly for?
    Gdemami
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    kosaboy said:
    Are we cheap or are a lot of games that come out too shallow to pay monthly for?
    That's up to everyone's different tastes.

But the sub model does not, and will not work, the genre would collapse if every mainstream MMO had a sub, it would push people to just choose one or two to play at one time and the fight over the niche audience would be bloody.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Sorry, but you aren't considering the details of my financial situation.  F2P, especially reasonable F2P games, are my core products these days.  I'm just not in a position to hemorrhage cash like I used to.  If I want to play, I have to look first at the cost.  That's just the way it is.  I adapted, I'm sure you can too.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited August 2018
    you are wrong. we need to play MORE F2P games, so that eventually, by sheer luck if not skill, they will make an amazing, to-die-for, F2P game....i mean, it's just a numbers game. if they make enough of them, eventually they simply HAVE to stumble onto a really good one. like penicillin...they were just making a bunch of molds, until baam!...they got something amazing. 

so yea, play AS MANY F2P games as you possibly can in order to expedite this whole luck of the draw inevitability  ;) 

some-clueless-guy
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Whatever you drank or took before making that post, please share, I want some too.. 
    Gaeluian
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Lots of games out there that still have a subscription model.  The games say I can play how I want.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    nahilupvp said:

IF it's not FUN it shouldn't be in a GAME. Realism-ism or whatever , Not fun , don't commit it.

Please for the FUTUR of good MMO , Stop encouraging , stop downloading , stop hyping on F2P Models games , they literately sucks

Nahilu

Now you just make me want to play free to play games.

This goes back to what I say too often: we are not a club. It's not you and me against the evil game companies.

it's me trying to find something that is entertaining.

as far as "If it's not fun/realism is not fun"

I find realism fun. So I'm going to tell you to stop playing urealistic games.

as for the last bit "no I'll do what I want."

I DO agree that nothing is free in life and people should pay for their entertainment. But it's up to each individual to make that judment for themselves.
    Robsolf
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I've played Wildstar, Aion, TERA, Path of Exile, Warframe, Planetside 2, Neverwinter, Trove.. and probably about 20 more I can't be bothered to think of.. to beyond endgame and for hundreds of hours without spending a thing.

That's all the proof I need to know that FTP games can offer endless free entertainment. Were some things a bit annoying without paying? Kind of.. in some games. This is a progression genre though. Everything you do is about progression. If I plan on playing a game without spending I just consider working around the cash shop as a type of progression.
    KyutaSyuko
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Almost all of my current games are F2P and I've barely spent any money this year.
  • nahilupvpnahilupvp Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Well I am SERIOUSLY glad to hear HONESTLY that you guys have REAL FUN playing those games.

They are not for me.

A game Model should not Intervene with the FUN of the game and for me it does.

It does when I beat my ASS 60 hour a week in a MMO and getting ALL I've accomplish into a lost BECAUSE someone decided to spend 1000$ Us in the game and he got to the point That I am. It seriously , KILL ALL MY FUN.

FREE To Play MMO are for Casual players that plays 4-5 hour a week into a game not for an hardcore gamer.

NephethGruug
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    nahilupvp said:
    STOP Playing FREE to PLAY Games...
    ...Please for the FUTUR of good MMO , Stop encouraging , stop downloading , stop hyping on F2P Models games , they literately sucks

Nahilu
    Welcome to the boards! I don't know a F2P MMO I would recommend without reservation to anyone, so I am with you that far.
    edited August 2018
    Ungood said:
    Whatever you drank or took before making that post, please share, I want some too.. 
    Dude I am fucking death Serious , i see games I'm like ohhh , watch videos ohhhh I want to play I see it's free to play ARGGHHHHH next game please.

I AM SO HAPPY that Pantheon Rise of the Fallen will be a SUB game.

Because they work in a game with ALL THEIR HEART , and they KNOW that F2P model MMo are a BIG and BORING JOKE.
    MaxBacon said:
    kosaboy said:

But the sub model does not, and will not work, the genre would collapse if every mainstream MMO had a sub, it would push people to just choose one or two to play at one time and the fight over the niche audience would be bloody.

Sub model dosen;t work ? What about WoW ?

What about Netflix ? nobody watch netflix ?

What about your dam cellphone ? 

I mean SUB does work , and still the best option/best games

TinkerBellCommando
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    nahilupvp said:
    MaxBacon said:
    kosaboy said:

What about Netflix ? nobody watch netflix ?

What about your dam cellphone ? 

I mean SUB does work , and still the best option/best games

I think what they are saying is that the sub model isn't ideal for most MMORPG's right now. I personally love the sub model, but most sub games end up with some form of cash shop, even including WoW with mounts.

Also Netflix just recently started putting ads into their shows for certain users, on top of the subscription, but as of right now it's only for other Netflix shows. But they are heading down a slope.

Bringing up cell phones is the worst possible example. Cellular companies charge out the ass for their service because they know they can. I pay quite a bit for my plan, and even then it isn't everything I want it to be because I don't feel like paying even more a month to add something I should be already getting. On top of that there are hidden charges as well.
    KyutaSyuko
    I didn't want to offence ANYONE , I am not a Troll. I am a RPG/MMORPG gamer /video games sound designer / that love and respect  Video Games in way that I find it SAD for games and futur games.

Free to plays games aren't design to be fun ... You are just BLIND and if you don't see it it's only because they did a good job.  Their design is to have a free game that look great and appealing , then their design is made to make you pay in a way.

Games need moneys , I know it , I need a living....

But games are made to be fun .... and it break the 1st rule of being a good game.

In Black Dessert Online , Boss that 1 shot you , Top Tier loot on top DPS , Top DPS only those that PoP CashHop Pearl , all this , was ALL DESIGN to be $$$. It wasn't Design to be fun , but they designed it to be $$$.

In Aion , % drop of stuff is so lame it was design that way so you can reach the cashshop.

I mean...... All games , somewhere in the Free to Play Model , have a DESIGN issue . 
    The issue is , this is made to make you pay.

Who like paying ?

paying not fun !

not fun == don't commit in the game

In EverQuest , When they designed AoW boss or Velketor zone , It was meant to be challenging/Rewaring and fun. $$$ had nothing to do there. You pay your 12$ montly like everyone , and the game is good.

The game model dosen't intervene in the game fun of any players , it just can't.

• AyinAyin Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I mostly play F2P games these days... due to disposable income issues.
    * browser based clickers at work - but their dependence on timed events doesn't usually work with my work/sleep schedule, so I miss out on stuff and that usually makes me quit them after a while. That, and they're usually all based on one of maybe 3 base games like Naruto online, or Mythborne, and all the character classes have the exact same abilities, the units have the same skills, just with a different coat of paint, and that just turns me right off.)
    * a couple "good games" on my PS4 - Warframe, Tera is growing on me, and ESO rarely
    * sometimes on my laptop - though I don't like PC gaming these days

I haven't paid a cent to the F2P games, so they have all truly been free to play (for what it's worth)

(Path of Exile lost me due to their model - paying for storage space in a looter game ... They don't want me to collect any more loot? fine I won't...play ... at all, thanks - and design decisions over the years, despite still being best-in-class for its type of game, I just can't bring myself to launch it one more time ...  I bought Grim Dawn instead)

And I usually enjoy the perks of this model: frequent content updates meaning an expanding world and new things to do and try to get at some point. Most of the time, they add gratuitous grind and busy-work to make you relent and pay money to speed up your progress, which I never do, but that's the negative to the model.

I get my fix of "real gaming" when I go to my offline games that really give me a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. (the F2P games never do this for me, neither do multi-player games)

So, I'll keep playing F2P games, on my own terms, and never pay them a single cent. That's the model they want after all... free for us to play. (none of the F2P games I play would be worth a subscription, even $1 a month, so if they did go pay to play, I wouldn't be playing any of them - they're mostly time wasters.)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    nahilupvp said:

The sub model doesn't work well for the MMO players that like to play several at once.

I personally don't get doing that so it works for me because I only play one at a time... /shrug.
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    nahilupvp said:

The sub model doesn't work well for the MMO players that like to play several at once.

I personally don't get doing that so it works for me because I only play one at a time... /shrug.
    ohhh that true....

I am always 1 MMo at the time haha

How can you play Various MMO ?

Do you sleep ?
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I agree with the post to an extant. Majority of free 2 play models are bad, and questionable. Some are good like GW2. However, even in GW2 it helps to spend some money to get more areas to explore, and advance. I think the guy/gal who made this post has some frustration, and I understand completely. It helps to vent sometimes instead of holding it in. Sub model is great, but unfortunately the majority of sub games are ghost towns, and out of date. Unless there is some new release are update it might stay busy for about a month,and then people lose interest. All of this is just a symptom of the decline in mmmorpg's.

• cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    nahilupvp said:
    Well I am SERIOUSLY glad to hear HONESTLY that you guys have REAL FUN playing those games.

They are not for me.

A game Model should not Intervene with the FUN of the game and for me it does.

It does when I beat my ASS 60 hour a week in a MMO and getting ALL I've accomplish into a lost BECAUSE someone decided to spend 1000$ Us in the game and he got to the point That I am. It seriously , KILL ALL MY FUN.

FREE To Play MMO are for Casual players that plays 4-5 hour a week into a game not for an hardcore gamer.

it's hilarious how some people spend 500k dollars just to be on top of the ranking, to be fair they usually work all day and have no time to play and you also have to note that these people usually pay others to play their accounts for them so it's only realistic for you to them to catch up easily.

p2p models isn't that much different either, people that work alot can STILL buy gold and doesn't matter of it's illegal because the company either doesn't notice or care about the situation. i've had many online friends that work all day but have people level / raid for them.

black desert online will end up getting boring for you even if it was p2p, there is like absolutely no reason to play that game other than grinding mindlessly or doing the same life skill, blame the greedy companies like pearl abyss / nexon / ncsoft for ruining the games and ignoring the community completely instead of the f2p model itself.

path of exile, warframe are free but they aren't that p2w compared to the mmorpgs, and that is one of the main reasons why i love these two games but a little p2w doesn't bother me at all unless it's as ridiculous as archeage. in the end the p2w player is paying to lose because you will eventually catch up to their power level unless it's heavily p2w or the guy is pouring half of a million dollars on ONE generic mmo (which would make him a laughing stock, it's sad someone would waste that much money on a game instead of saving for a house..)