Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Expansion. Heard Anything?

reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173
Has anyone heard any rumors about the next expansion?  Like what it will be about, what it will include, when it is scheduled?
I know it's probably a ways away, but I'm already getting antsy. 

Comments

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

I would guess that we will hear something at e3.

EDIT - There is a new interview (April 28) with some of DAoC's people here: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/703/703676p1.html

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• kingdomkingdom Member Posts: 49

lets hope the dont come out with a new expansion...i started playing the game about a month after release and stoped after ToA to come back when classic servers came up...i personally think ToA ruined the game and made it so the people with more time to play had a better chance in RvR...lets just hope it doenst turn into eq with all the expansions...

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by kingdom

lets hope the dont come out with a new expansion...i started playing the game about a month after release and stoped after ToA to come back when classic servers came up...i personally think ToA ruined the game and made it so the people with more time to play had a better chance in RvR...lets just hope it doenst turn into eq with all the expansions...

Um.... you do realize that there have been 2 expansions since TOA right?  LOL.  Catacombs and DR were both pretty decent expansions.  Though I do think the TD's are a bad thing.  But a lotta folks like 'em so I guess I'm a minority there.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    There is going to be an expansion.  That was decided by polls.  There was some info leaked by GOA on some Gernman website about it.  There are going to be zones, and a rumor of at least 1 new class.  Other than that, then I think we will need to wait until E3 or later. 

My guess is about the same amount of content as Catacombs, maybe a little less.  They would not risk anything like ToA again.  Maybe some additions to sub-classing or something on par with that.

I am not a fan of TD either.  I like the instances, but not the TD.  They have their purpose, but I would like to see more XP granted for grouping and XP outside of the TD.  TD should still be there, but mostly to grind artifact levels or a quick bit of XP.  Instead, in a full group, it rewards people more than if they went and camped a spot. 

• kingdomkingdom Member Posts: 49
    i realize that theres been two more expansions...like i said i still play the game...and those are both alright..but ToA sucked and if they keep making expansions theres bond to be another sucky one.
  • JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by kingdom
    i realize that theres been two more expansions...like i said i still play the game...and those are both alright..but ToA sucked and if they keep making expansions theres bond to be another sucky one.

They will continue putting out expansions because that is what the vast majority of the current players want.  So, unless DAOC populations falls so low that only those who do not want an expansion are the majority, then you should probably just accept the fact that there will be 1 paid expansion every year as long as this game is around.

If you plan on playing Warhammer, then you should expect a expansion every year as well. 
  • SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
    I definatly want a new expansion and one that has another way to get xp other than td's! I love Daoc but hate TD's!

{(RIP)} SWG