Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Quest XI Review: A Modern Classic Brought to the West - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDragon Quest XI Review: A Modern Classic Brought to the West - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

After a long absence in the West Dragon Quest makes its way to our shores later next week. Was it worth the wait? Read on for our review to find out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I can’t wait to play this! I know this site is mainly mmo’s, but there’s a lot of good games coming out might be time I quit MMO’s for a while.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    You can quit them, but they never quit you entirely. It's why they put in a revolving door!

Enjoy the ride, and cya soon!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If an article doesn't include a video the next thing I do is find one as it gives me a better idea of how a game will play.
    metarealkitaradbartoni33

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Thanks for the article. But come on, guys. Do some proof reading. For example, "If your critical path through the story you’ll be able to complete Dragon Quest in 60 hours." And, "By being a jack of all trade," not trades. And, "One of the games double edged swords" instead of "game's." Those are just a couple of examples. There are more errors. Isn't this a professional gaming review?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Dying for this.
    Setzercheyane

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Can't wait to play this next week.

The negatives for this review in regards to the slow pace of the combat doesn't bother me. That's just how it is with turn-based style combat.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Between this and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate I am set for the rest of the year. All negatives mentioned here don't bother me one bit, I know exactly what I am getting and I would be shocked if I would rate it less then a 9.5

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SepellBadeSepellBade Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I'm really looking forward to this game as well. I will have to let the pc side down as I intend to get this for PS4. Sorry guys.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Pre ordered it already and waiting to sink some 100+ hours in it only issue is Destiny 2 expac is coming out to and have pre ordered as well ><
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    some part in this review are not correct : dragon quest are strange game when it come to main story,
    60 hours mean only for finish the first part, you can end the game here yes, but if you keep doing, the story,cutscene, evil vilain, everything, keep going, for another 40 hours. the game max level =99
    and if you want kill the big vilain, you will reach this level. so with no clarification, i find this was a big misleading to tell peoples this game will take you 60 hours to complete.

another point : you CONTROL ALL YOUR PARTY MEMBERS, when they join you, that just not true they act on their own, you can change the setting in option for control all of them.
    and the cons about pace of combat.... if you did not change the option of course it would feel slow...

also im wondering how long the reviewer played for not know you control your character later on

at around mid game, the pace of combat ( while you control all character feel realy good )

honestly im fealing this review dont do justice to this great games, yes 8/10 sound good... but this game deserve way better praise when it come to rpg, for peoples who love them, who have love the old school rpg, this game totaly a blast from the past, who clearly deserve a 9.5/10.

it just that good, if you enjoy rpg, play this game
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited March 2019
    Cons

Pace of combat feels slow
    Lack of meaningful movement in combat

It's old school JRPG, those games are slow.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter