Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : SCUM Enters Early Access - Take a Tour of SCUM Island

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : SCUM Enters Early Access - Take a Tour of SCUM Island

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Could you please stop with this survival nonsense already? jesus christ. If you want a survival game go play minesweeper...
    Samhael[Deleted User]rosej90

Beta tester maniac

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    It's not just survival man, it's BRO survival. It's totally different.
    berlightmaskedweaselsakerSamhael[Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Even though i few months ago iwas singing the praises of conan exiles I'm done with survival games, Just the thought of them make me nauseous.
    Samhaelrosej90
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Just because you don't like a genre does not mean others don't, no one is forcing you to buy it, just move along.
    jason523
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    berlight said:
    Could you please stop with this survival nonsense already? jesus christ. If you want a survival game go play minesweeper...
    And there's someone dropping a stinky in a thread about a game they have no intention of playing. Who saw it coming?
    jason523

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

wesjr said:
    Just because you don't like a genre does not mean others don't, no one is forcing you to buy it, just move along.
    It's a discussion forum don't take it personnel, Believe it or not occasionally in life you will come across others who DO NOT share your views on things, Its ok, deep breaths, your doing good.....
    berlight[Deleted User]Samhaelwesjr
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

Amathe said:

berlight said:

And there's someone dropping a stinky in a thread about a game they have no intention of playing. Who saw it coming?

Isn't this the right place do to it? I thought this was a sarcastic mmo old school snobs website.
    JeffSpicoli

Beta tester maniac

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Amathe said:
    berlight said:
    I kinda like some of the survival games but I agree with him. Its not about making games we don't like, its every tom dick jackhole jumping on the bandwagon for some quick cash and watering the genre down to extinction, when its just getting started. Just like what we're seeing with the battle royale games.
    The genre isn't really just getting started though is the thing. Survival games have been around for a long time, and I feel like the chance to get big in the survival genre has passed (at least while retaining an audience for longer than 2 months) the Day-Z mod came out in 2013, and there have been a lot of big name Survival games since then (Conan, Day-Z Standalone, Rust, Unturned, Subnautica, 7 Days to Die). The problem at this point, is that the unknown survival games keep coming out looking exactly the same. This I hadn't even heard of until every streamer was all of a sudden playing it yesterday. 

I'm still running my Conan server, but I've largely stopped playing survival games just because they get boring after you have gotten the equipment and base you want. The only survival game I'm looking forward to at this point is Escape from Tarkov, but even then the payment model doesn't seem that great. 
    [Deleted User]
    thunderC said:
    Even though i few months ago iwas singing the praises of conan exiles I'm done with survival games, Just the thought of them make me nauseous.
    But ... did you survive? Huh?
    I just got burned out building my temple pyramid that seemed to never end, Also my obsession with capturing slaves, stripping them naked and then stockpiling them in my bedroom was getting weird.... 
    [Deleted User]SabracSamhaelBillMurphyTacticalZombeh
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    berlight said:

Isn't this the right place do to it? I thought this was a sarcastic mmo old school snobs website.
    Old school snobs are on the other side of the store, Isle 7, on your left. 
    DavodtheTutt

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    did play it, but allot of server issues as it seems. Did refund
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Looks fun but to be safe i'm gonna wait until official release to avoid repeating certain mistake i made in the past of supporting another early access game similar to this one (I'm looking at you DayZ).
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

It's not just survival man, it's BRO survival. It's totally different.

-is- there anything more LOATHSOME then "bro's"?, well maybe hipsters... but it's a real toss-up
  • EvilPlayerTwoEvilPlayerTwo Member CommonPosts: 10
    edited August 2018
    Looks fun..Its either this now or path of exile´s new league
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

thunderC said:

But ... did you survive? Huh?

If only that survival game "Just Survive" survived. jk
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Amathe said:

berlight said:

Sorry but I am old school also. And in that regards we are older, thus seen more things. Such as a over supply of garbage survivor games. "Early access" what you young wippersnappers call it today, we called an unfinished pile of **** back in the day.

I have played almost every survival game out there, 80% are garbage and barely survive a year, Heck we had one company that would just rename their game every 6 months when the population would die off. We have so many unfinished survival games with no direction that are sad to even look at.

That being said, SCUM is actually on my Steam wish list. But I am really starting to lose patience on "early access" and "survival games" because they truly should never be released in their state. I do hope SCUM is different, I will buy it Friday and check it out. If not, back to Rust, Ark, and/or Exiles.

Then again if they would actually release a real MMORPG sometime this century, I wouldn't even waste my time on these small server games.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

hoenens1 said:

did play it, but allot of server issues as it seems. Did refund

Why? Because it has server issues on early access launch day? Either that's the case, which is incredibly ridiculous on your part, or you are the type of person that uses refunds as a trial. That's a bit pathetic, but such is the world today I suppose.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    It's like playing a good version of DayZ. Add the PUBG element into the game world, and some decent crafting. That's pretty much it at EA launch. I'd like to see vehicles and base building/fortifying, which I think they have talked about, and it has the makings of a pretty solid survival game. The map, like past survival games, always seems a little too spaced out though.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Sabrac said:

Looks fun but to be safe i'm gonna wait until official release to avoid repeating certain mistake i made in the past of supporting another early access game similar to this one (I'm looking at you DayZ).

Heh, only ONE early access game I bought and played failed to suck fantastically. So I've stopped jinxing them by paying.
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    The initial blurb got me interested in reading this article: "...unprecedented levels of character customization, control and progression, where knowledge and skills are the ultimate weapons..." Hey, I'm not into survival games (tried them, died a lot for all sorts of stupid reasons, got tired of it) but customization, progression, knowledge and skills rather than fancy equipment and fast-twitch reflexes and learning the exact series of things that everybody has to do... sounded intriguing.

Then I kept reading... "The world’s unquenchable need for entertainment has turned towards bloodlust...rugged, enclosed indoor arenas ... clash in a ruthless war of survival..." Oh, there we go, another dark, depressing game of gory, senseless, kill-or-be-killed.... (sigh)

Say, here's a novel idea -- how about a GAME that is FUN because people play TOGETHER, TEAM-UP to take a bleak world and make it BETTER, maybe defeating NPC criminals or monsters, and make it so when you defeat the threats in one area, they STAY gone (at least for players/characters who have participated in such defeats), the grass and trees become green and the weather sunny, so not only does your character get more powerful (perhaps by "farming" the same mobs/missions over and over again), you actually make a difference in your experience of the virtual world?

That sounds like a game I could enjoy playing, even if it had the same old pick-n-click combat, signpost NP "Characters" without the least smidge of AI, "crafting" that is just more killing and putting together pre-set recipes, "fishing," "mining," and other non-combat activities that are little if anything like what they're said to be...
    kinkyJalepeno
  • URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

DMKano said:

So this is crazy popular on Twitch tonight - we will see if it lasts but damn - peaked at 217k viewers

yep watched a couple of hours of Shroud's stream. still lots of stuff not yet implemented or either its in game just no effect yet but it looks pretty solid to me especially at $20. keeping an eye on it.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Amathe said:

berlight said:

Someone call?
    Amathe