Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard may want to give Cyberpunk2077 team a call

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,161
ScorchienAsheramalkarionlogSBFordPonyBoyCurtisNycteliosEponyxDamorWalkinGlennKyleranYashaXand 2 others.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,449
    yea .. thats gettin a bit to close ..
    alkarionlogDMKano
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,677
    Maybe..

Or maybe they are all copying other people anyway..

https://www.deviantart.com/ayyasap/art/cyberpunk-girl-478675923
    ScorchienNibsalkarionlogVrikaCaffynated
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,161
    edited August 2018
    Maybe..

The thing is companies ripping off individuals - happens all the time - and yes while this sucks, rarely do poor DeviantArt artists threaten legal action, so nothing happens when their ideas are stolen. As they say "good composers borrow, great composers steal"

But once a large billion dollar company feels that a competing business is infringing on their IP - all bets are off.
    alkarionlogWalkinGlennGdemami
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member UncommonPosts: 269
    DMKano said:
    Thats about as similar as "Got Milk" is to "Hungry for Apples"
    GruntyZoeMcCloskeyGdemamiMrMelGibsonSolar_ProphetVerenath
  • PonyBoyCurtisPonyBoyCurtis Member EpicPosts: 2,359
    edited August 2018
    EXPOSED..DMKANO really has a hard on for this game lol
    WalkinGlennNyctelios

• STAY GOLDEN
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,307
    DMKano said:
    Maybe..

The thing is companies ripping off individuals - happens all the time - and yes while this sucks, rarely do poor DeviantArt artists threaten legal action, so nothing happens when their ideas are stolen. As they say "good composers borrow, great composers steal"

But once a large billion dollar company feels that a competing business is infringing on their IP - all bets are off.
    if they can prove they stole the idea from blizzard and not stole from others cyber punk art, come now are you really that slow to belive the cyberpunk 2077 stole from blizzard?

actually I would love to see that, just to see blizzard lose it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member EpicPosts: 3,356
    edited August 2018
    Nah the half shaved, combed over look has been a staple of punk rock as well as cyberpunk style for a couple of decades.

One of my favorite examples:

MadFrenchieAsheramZoeMcCloskeyjimmywolfDagon13TorvalMrMelGibsonrojoArcueidCaffynated

“I was, in days gone by, a believer. But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land and the God in me just … evaporated. Let us change our toast, then, to the God that has forgotten us.”

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,182
    Wow.... Then the Shadowrun publishing team should give both a call. I have some books here with illustrations that are just like that.
    MadFrenchiepantaroalkarionlog

Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 727
    edited August 2018
    All this thread proves is DMKano isn't punk. . .
    pantaroMrMelGibsonbcbullyPhaserlight
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,254
    edited August 2018
    Nyctelios said:
    Wow.... Then the Shadowrun publishing team should give both a call. I have some books here with illustrations that are just like that.
    Dragonfall has you go on the first mission with a crew member who looks a lot like the art posted by Zebub, too.

It's too general a look for there to be lawsuits without the color palette and/or Hispanic personality being used, imo.
    NycteliosMrMelGibsonrojoArcueid

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,161
    Nah the half shaved, combed over look has been a staple of punk rock as well as cyberpunk style for a couple of decades.

While true you do realize that this example looks very different than what I posted.

There's more similarities between Sombra and V than just half shaved look. You do see that right?
    GdemamialkarionlogMrMelGibsonPsym0n
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,582
    As long as they dont try to steal this

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,020
    Idk....SE had a similar hairstyle in FFXIV before Overwatch was released.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,090
    Am pretty sure this was just a joke, but:

Neither created that hairstyle nor the presumed nationality.

This could construed as borderline racist to those ignoring both the context and outfit and just looking at a typical cyberpunk haircut and nationality and saying they're the same.  Besides, between those two pictures, one looks like a real person will Hollywood makeup and the other a cartoon character with a very colorful and cheerful outfit.  To say nothing of attitude and personality between characters, of which we know nothing of.  Again, this just emphasizes that someone that actually believes this is paying attention to two things and two things only.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • PonyBoyCurtisPonyBoyCurtis Member EpicPosts: 2,359
    Asheramblueturtle13MadFrenchierertezkitaradAlexanderVendiTorvalNycteliosMrMelGibson

• STAY GOLDEN
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,582
    edited August 2018
    More likely they got it from DEHR or like others have said any other cyberpunk/punk stuff

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 98
    video games didnt invent this hairstyle
    DMKano said:

While true you do realize that this example looks very different than what I posted.

There's more similarities between Sombra and V than just half shaved look. You do see that right?
    Not enough I'd call plagiarism. Latina with a half mohawk, that's about it

Look through these examples, look how many artists use that similar style.
    TorvalAzaron_NightbladeNycteliosMrMelGibson

“I was, in days gone by, a believer. But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land and the God in me just … evaporated. Let us change our toast, then, to the God that has forgotten us.”

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,034
    That hairstyle is pretty big in punk / cyberpunk circles. 

I frequent a lot of metal shows, and I've seen hairstyles like this quite often, as well as the weird one with the sideburns left really long but shaved side of the heads with a mohawk on top. 

Other than the hair the only real thing that is similar is the collar and the purple arm thing being a similar color to her purple scheme.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 2,954
    edited August 2018
    KingNaid said:
    Correct.

Also Keith Parkinson and other artists drew art for Cyberpunk RPG, Shadowrun and Gurps version back in 1990 showing women with sides of their heads shaved.

OP is clueless. Cyperpunk didn't created these styles to begin with as they evolved it's look from previous punk influences which derived their look from cultural tropes hundreds of years earlier. To use Blizzard as an originator of ANYTHING also reveals how further silly DMKano is being.

Not to mention every urban culture noodle today is shaving the side or sides of their head because copying every current trend implies "individualism". lol
    MisterZebubNycteliosalkarionlogMrMelGibson

You stay sassy!

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Sometimes a hot dog is just a hot dog.

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 218
    You probably forgot that the Cyberpunk character was a custom made player character created in the game's character customization menu. ;)
    mystik13YashaX
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Blizzard. The company which has made a living from "taking inspiration" and improving on it should sue someone for a haircut style?
    Tamanous said:
    KingNaid said:
    Correct.

Also Keith Parkinson and other artists drew art for Cyberpunk RPG, Shadowrun and Gurps version back in 1990 showing women with sides of their heads shaved.

OP is clueless. Cyperpunk didn't created these styles to begin with as they evolved it's look from previous punk influences which derived their look from cultural tropes hundreds of years earlier. To use Blizzard as an originator of ANYTHING also reveals how further silly DMKano is being.

Not to mention every urban culture noodle today is shaving the side or sides of their head because copying every current trend implies "individualism". lol
    "I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
    I want to be just like all the different people
    I have no further interest in being the same,
    Because I have seen difference all around,
    And now I know that that's what I want
    I don't want to blend in and be indistinguishable,
    I want to be a part of the different crowd,
    And assert my individuality along with the others
    Who are different like me..."
                                                      -King Missile

MadFrenchieNyctelios

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 919
    Does that mean if someone looks like someone famous and is younger they can be sue'd for impersonating them
    oldgamersYashaXmmolouDeadSpock